He's Getting Fired at the end of the Regular Season

Advertisement
Don't know about coaching candidates, but his buyout drops significantly upon seasons end. I believe it's an 8 million difference.

His buyout isn't even 8 million right now, and no ones is. Not even close. When people say his buyout drops significantly after Dec 1, we are talking 250k. Maybe 2 million to 1.5 at most. LOL at the 8 million. Unless Golden wrote the contract himself.

BTW, the crowd arrived late as always. It looked ridiculously empty 15 minutes before kickoff. Even the student section in the west end zone was sparse. Then it filled rather quickly and eventually looked similar to the Virginia Tech game. However, the fans started departing by mid second quarter. I loved it because I immediately sensed it wouldn't take me 2 hours to drive home after the game like last week.

At halftime I circled the upper deck. The line of students who had already left the stadium and were ready to go back to campus was astonishing. It was maybe 150 yards long. I was told they had to hustle extra buses to that area quicker than ever before due to demand.

I took a picture of that line of departing students and will post it when I get a chance.

image.jpg

Advertisement
We need a new coach. That was the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen as a canes fan. I can't believe I wasted my time flying out for that garbage.

Don't know about coaching candidates, but his buyout drops significantly upon seasons end. I believe it's an 8 million difference.

His buyout isn't even 8 million right now, and no ones is. Not even close. When people say his buyout drops significantly after Dec 1, we are talking 250k. Maybe 2 million to 1.5 at most. LOL at the 8 million. Unless Golden wrote the contract himself.

I will believe the guy that told me over your guess work.

Advertisement

So you are trying to tell me his buyout is 8 million when he makes 2.3 million per year? Makes sense. I've been told numerous times his buyout drops significantly after 2015 season, and it was reported today by Ferman on CS. But its not even close to 8 million. If he collected a check for the remaining 4 years on his contract it would be 10 million. No buyout is 80% of a guaranteed contract, its no guess its understanding logic and business. Nice try though

Advertisement

The buyout cannot drop by $8 million after this season - for logical reasons. Let's assume the buyout was $11 million had they fired him before this season (or $11 million minus salary paid during this season if fired during the season). That would mean each year on his contract would be bought out at $2.2 million ($11 million for 5 remaining years on contract). A drop of $8 million means after this year, he would be paid $3 million for 4 remaining years, or $750,000 for each remaining year.

Would you want to be Al's agent when you congratulate him for not being canned after year, only to have to follow that up by saying, "Oh, by the way, if you're fired after next season (this season), you'll be paid a total of over $5 million less for your UM years while working an extra year. Lulz, I'm the best agent alive. The message boards will love this deal."

I have negotiated deals similar to coaches' contracts and litigated breaches of similar deals dozens of times. The $8 million drop in buyout is absolute bull****.

Get fired after 2014 season, get paid $11 million for all of 2015-2019. Get fired after 2015, get paid $5.5 and change for all of 2015-2019. You can't explain that!

Advertisement
i am all for schiano, not butch.

I want Schiano or Wannstedt if we can't get Bielema

You should add Cristobal to the list. Then you have the worst list alive. I'd rather fold the program. I had Schiano and Cristobal on my worst case scenario list but didn't even think the Wanny was a possible interest. What is this 1999?

Advertisement
Back