He's Getting Fired at the end of the Regular Season

I know this won't bode well with everyone, but I have sources inside saying that barring a negotiated buy-out, Golden will not be fired until Thanksgiving weekend. Top two candidates to replace him are Butch and Schiano, with Schiano as the #1 option.

Just passing along what I know

Advertisement
LOL. I was at the game today & have a lot better info than you. Quit posting.

I know this won't bode well with everyone, but I have sources inside saying that barring a negotiated buy-out, Golden will not be fired until Thanksgiving weekend. Top two candidates to replace him are Butch and Schiano, with Schiano as the #1 option.

What's your info?

If you have alot better info then why arent you posting it?......

Advertisement

Then post it.

The only reasonable reaction by a fan base with a brain is to cost the school more money to keep him than fire him. No more buying tickets, shirts or jerseys. No going to games and paying for parking and concessions. No more donations to the school. We must send the message that apathy isn't tolerated. This must be extended to all sports.

Just another troll that doesn't know ****.

If the scope of the coaching search is just two candidates Butch & Schiano it just illustrates how LAZY and incompetent this adminstration is.

Advertisement
Ticket sales are going down tremendous. The CBS sportscaster said it rightfully should when speaking on the fact that nobody was at the game. He said winning will bring the fans. Nobody wants to see that in person.

Butch (not happening) and Schiano a possibility. Frankly at this point, I would welcome Butch as an immediate interim or anyone that could turn this thing around. It will be ugly Monday morning in the UM offices. IT's OVER.

Ill take either of those 2 right now no ***** given schiano did great and thats without miami talent. He turned down a bunch of other jobs. He was an nfl headcoach ill take him and he will do 1000 times better tham folden where do i sign no ***** given

Advertisement
Butch (not happening) and Schiano a possibility. Frankly at this point, I would welcome Butch as an immediate interim or anyone that could turn this thing around. It will be ugly Monday morning in the UM offices. IT's OVER.

On Monday, would it be possible that you could give us updates every quarter hour?

Don't know about coaching candidates, but his buyout drops significantly upon seasons end. I believe it's an 8 million difference.

My wife (who is probably as clueless about football as Julio Frenk) asked "why would people even pay to go to see Miami this year? " I had to explain what a slurper was....

Advertisement
Today's outcome was perfect. Nothing can deflect from it. Golden knows he's gone. D'Onofrio know he's gone. Blake James knows what decision he'll make or be directed to make.

If the margin had been let's say 14, the animosity would have been far greater because doubt would have remained. Fans would have remained until the bitter end and chorused "Fire Golden!" near the final buzzer. Instead there was only a weak spattering of that. It was like seeing someone in the hospital with no chance of recovery. No longer any need for false hope. Golden has 5 weeks to live as Canes coach.

He's a class guy so he'll be allowed to finish it out. That's only proper. If he looked and acted like Bo Pelini, he'd be out the door tomorrow.

BTW, the crowd arrived late as always. It looked ridiculously empty 15 minutes before kickoff. Even the student section in the west end zone was sparse. Then it filled rather quickly and eventually looked similar to the Virginia Tech game. However, the fans started departing by mid second quarter. I loved it because I immediately sensed it wouldn't take me 2 hours to drive home after the game like last week.

At halftime I circled the upper deck. The line of students who had already left the stadium and were ready to go back to campus was astonishing. It was maybe 150 yards long. I was told they had to hustle extra buses to that area quicker than ever before due to demand.

I took a picture of that line of departing students and will post it when I get a chance.

Five weeks my @ss. He gone.

Not so fast. Look at it from the Hecht's perspective.

They're going to need to rebuild the program from the Bottom Up after they give Al his pink slip, and his buyout. Now suppose his buyout drops by several million dollars after 12/1/15? The University will put up with the bad press and the empty stadiums, but keep the buyout money and spend it on a new coach and, more importantly, assistants.

I think this is incredibly shortsighted because they are ****ing away a couple of recruiting classes and losing the chance to give someone like Butch a head start on injecting millions of new dollars into the program, but I think that's how they think on the BOT. They're all a bunch of cheap billionaires who got that way by counting pennies.

Advertisement
Back