Herman the "clear leader" for South Carolina job

**** USCe, i really hope that these ACC schools step up and throw some money out there and grab some of these offensive coaches this year.

Dino, Fuente and Herman are three coaches i would love to see land in the conference. Miami and VT so far with the possibility of UVA. If GT was wise they would **** can Johnson and spend that 3.02 mil he is getting annually on someone who is worth a ****.

This conference is very unexciting and needs to step up the money and start becoming more than a 1 team conference. When Duke and UNC are the teams at the top of the coastal. Speaks volumes of how bad this **** *** league is.

Advertisement
Depends on what Herman's career goals are as well. I wouldn't go to USCe if he's looking to fast track it to the NFL. Now, if he wants to be a college lifer then USCe actually is a nice spot for him to take the next step to. One would think that he'd be a leading candidate to eventually replace Urb if he continues to have success.

even if he's there #1 target, it shouldn't be a problem as long as we pursue. let him make a decision....you want to live in redneck ****own Columbia or South Beach?

I'm from Columbia and it is better than some hick parts of Florida I have been to. Anyway I posted this news 2 days ago. This is not new info

Advertisement
All I read from that is that USCe leadership has made it clear they want him the most. Not that HE wants to go THERE as his #1 choice.

IMO, USCe is stupid for playing their cards so soon. All they did was guarantee Herman a larger contract since other interested parties will have to bring more to the table now initially.

Its not stupid if you got the $$

It sets you up to be a laughing stock if he turns you down.

I think if Southern Cal offered he would go there. They won't offer. The Trojans are after a marquee name. This is Pat Hayden's last roll of the dice. People out there are talking about bringing Pete Carroll back. I think they make the reach for Kelly, but that's just me.

Advertisement
All I read from that is that USCe leadership has made it clear they want him the most. Not that HE wants to go THERE as his #1 choice.

IMO, USCe is stupid for playing their cards so soon. All they did was guarantee Herman a larger contract since other interested parties will have to bring more to the table now initially.

and whose laughing? I mean, what does USCe really have to lose?

It's not like they have some major rep or legacy to uphold. At least it shows that they WANT HIM badly and wont spare an expense. Cant say him and his agent would not be at least slightly impressed by the gesture.

Im sure they have weighed the options.....

Sometimes you gotta do the unorthodox

He won't bolt. They will pay him a boat load and outside Columbia is great place to raise family. Full fan support no matter what. Let's hope he runs up Gata *** for years.

Advertisement

Like Chucky?

Advertisement
Good, Miami can do much better

lmao says the guy who jerks off to the 9-12 Cholly Weak. Just wait until your corch finishes the year with three straight losses.

Strong is not my 1st choice but he's still more qualified and proven than Herman is as a HC. Lol but Herman is somehow ppl s top choice on this site?? Deja Vu with all the groupie love over an unproven HC that's just like how I'm sure u were when Golden was announced as our HC.smh

Herman took a job that anybody would have success instantly at...

And why would I care what Texas record this year will be when he's rebuilding the program? I'll judge Strong by what he does his 3rd year at Texas if he doesn't end up at Miami.

Good, Miami can do much better

lmao says the guy who jerks off to the 9-12 Cholly Weak. Just wait until your corch finishes the year with three straight losses.

Strong is not my 1st choice but he's still more qualified and proven than Herman is as a HC. Lol but Herman is somehow ppl s top choice on this site?? Deja Vu with all the groupie love over an unproven HC that's just like how I'm sure u were when Golden was announced as our HC.smh

Herman took a job that anybody would have success instantly at...

And why would I care what Texas record this year will be when he's rebuilding the program? I'll judge Strong by what he does his 3rd year at Texas if he doesn't end up at Miami.

You really don't have a grasp for nuances, if that's enough data for your comparison. Using your logic (before their body of work as a HC) : Chip Kelly or Jimbo Fisher = Randy Shannon, Will Muschamp, or Ron Zook.

Advertisement
Back