in principle huh
So he hasn't signed nothing to make official. Smart man

Advertisement
Adam Rittenberg ‏@ESPNRittenberg 2m2 minutes ago
Adam Rittenberg Retweeted Joseph Duarte
Huge news for Houston Adam Rittenberg added,
Joseph Duarte [MENTION=11258]Joseph[/MENTION]_Duarte
Coach Tom Herman says he has ‘agreed in principle’ on contract with @UHCougarFB

"agreed in principle". Not yet signed is how I read it. Still a week or so to get in on him.

That means the lawyers get to work on finalizing the wording and signatures.

I can see Herman holding out for Texas or even OSU. I don't think Meyer will be there for another year or 2. JMO

Advertisement
Interesting.

I guess I stand corrected. I heard a guy on the college sports radio channel, who was on because of his connection to Houston, claim Houston knew they were losing him.

But if they're really paying him $3MM + to stay there, he should do it. And I'm guessing his staff will get raises, too.

As I mentioned "way back when" Herman was gaining steam ... I could see him staying there to build a monster Group of 5 program. A program that gets invited to another conference, or plays a schedule decent enough to get regular New Year's Day bowls. And he can get the credit for building that program.

Or, he can leave for Texas or aTm when they come open, if he wants to move up in "Class", or cash a big check.

If he can get Houston to sellout that new stadium, he could be their Schnelly ... And every coach after him, gets compared to him.

Makes you wonder (if he signs it today) if he was holding out for USC?

Advertisement
He has only been there one year. To leave after one year after they gave him his first head coaching job would be pretty sleazy unless your Todd Graham

Advertisement
Probably waiting for Texas to open up next year. He'll kill it there.

Meanwhile, Miami's going to do exactly what USC just did and hire some ******* no one else wants. Awesome.

If Herman is signing an extension, doesn't that mean that no one is looking to HIRE HIM. I mean, he took his name out of consideration for the South Carolina job. No mention of UGA wanting him. Miami and USC are not looking to hire him. Maybe, just maybe, Herman is going have to prove himself for more than one season.

Advertisement
Herman is not coming to Miami. Get over it. I think he would have the potential be a great hire - but it's not happening.

If anything he's working on an acceptable buyout to leave after next season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back