Herman and Houston

tpres

Freshman
That dude can flat out coach. Houston picking right up where they left off last year. We should have thrown the ball at him.

Advertisement
I don't know about all that but this game is very entertaining.
Almost has a bowl game feel to it.

First day of a new season. We hired a proven coach. Not a snap taken and you're lusting after somebody else. SMH

Richt is the fourth winningest coach and has 9 ten win seasons and people are crazy about Herman who has had one year on his resume.
Richt is an alumni, amazing recruiter, South Florida High Schools love him and he has already gotten us an indoor practice facility. When are people going to realize we got the best available coach for Miami at this point in time

I'm not saying Herman won't be successful but he'll be lucky if he accomplishes a career like richt so let's start being thankful

Yeah it's a bit rash to start complaining we didn't go after Herman, but I think he is going to be a terrific coach for a long time.

I have a feeling LSU and Miles don't last another year and they throw the kitchen sink at Herman.

Advertisement
He's coached 1.04 seasons. 1 season and 1/24th of a second season. The fuss over him is a bit much.

Last edited:
Houston is slowly becoming the next Miami. Big city school, finally found a coach with momentum building, school making a financial commitment and recruiting local kids.

The biggest difference is that Howard did it with minimal budgets and an indifferent administration.

Advertisement
Herman is gonna be the next great coach. I wanted him but it didn't matter what we threw at him he wasn't coming. I believe he'll be at Texas next year

BTW, Ed Oliver is balling. Him and the Rashan Gary kid at Michigan are going to be a pair of top-10 picks in the NFL draft down the road.

First and foremost, Mark Richt is a "good" coach; let's see what he does in a new situation before claiming him as the best option. I will also say pump the brakes on Herman at least for now, but let's not downplay the fact that he has transformed an average team into one of the better squads in the nation. They're playing toe-to-toe with the #3 team in the nation right now with inferior talent.

Advertisement
That dude can flat out coach. Houston picking right up where they left off last year. We should have thrown the ball at him.

He turned down USC, he didn't respond to overtures from us. Herman is holding out for Texas, or he may want to become a legend at U of H, and lead them into the Big XII. The guy is an outstanding coach.

Houston is slowly becoming the next Miami. Big city school, finally found a coach with momentum building, school making a financial commitment and recruiting local kids.

The biggest difference is that Howard did it with minimal budgets and an indifferent administration.

Okay, calm down. Houston is benefiting from both TAMU and Texas being down, call me when Houston is doing it when the two powers in the state get back on their feet. I like Herman, but Houston is at best the third best option in the state all things being equal. Frankly, as we've learned from their history, they are a team that will have some runs, but will return back to the pack in short order. I see them as the next Baylor type program, that is until Herman leaves for a traditional power.

Richt is the fourth winningest coach and has 9 ten win seasons and people are crazy about Herman who has had one year on his resume.
Richt is an alumni, amazing recruiter, South Florida High Schools love him and he has already gotten us an indoor practice facility. When are people going to realize we got the best available coach for Miami at this point in time

I'm not saying Herman won't be successful but he'll be lucky if he accomplishes a career like richt so let's start being thankful

Not only the best coach at the time, but the best coach we could have hired the last 15 years. He's perfect for UM.

Advertisement
Im happy with Richt but Tom Herman was my choice. The man can coach and I expect him to leave for Texas if Strong is fired and if Houston doesn't get into the Big 12.

Houston is slowly becoming the next Miami.
There is only one Miami.

True. Referring to the big city pro town school similarity.

Hurricane Katrina helped out Houston big time. Half the quality players from coastal Louisiana moved there.

Herman is a quality coach from the Urban legend tree. Would have been great at the U, but most likely wouldn't have come. Meanwhile, we got the best available coach in the nation, and the best fit. Don't complain about missing out on Andrew Luck if you have Tom Brady.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back