Heresy - Joe Zagacki

Joe Z is awful and I have deleted multiple threads that I have personally started on the subject. He ruins every sport in UM athletics. I grew up listening to radio calls and love them, but still I can only stomach Joe Z in small doses.

OP is 100% on point with this take.
OP was right then. OP is right now. Joe Z is awful.

Advertisement
Unless I am in the car for some reason, I don’t need to listen to the games. Either at the game or on TV I can see the game being played. The **** do I need Kirk or Brent or some other asshat to tell me what I just ******* saw.
Yep....if I can help it I'm watching our games with the sound all the way down.

Advertisement
I know Joe has been here for all 5 rings etc etc (so was Kehoe...), but dammit if his voice isn’t like nails on chalkboard.

I hope, for our next announcer, we get someone that uniquely represents Miami, that makes us stand out even on radio broadcasts.

Was watching the UM/ND 17 highlights and his voice cracks every two seconds.

edit: changed the wording so you mopes could understand the point.

I know I might get in trouble for saying this but I never liked their broadcast. They seem like cool dudes but Joe Z doesn’t give great descriptions of what’s going on during a play. He constantly leaves out key details like down/distance, yards gained, and where we’re at on the field. Bailey doesn’t provide listeners with any insight a former player usually provides. The tone of their voices doesn’t always match what’s going on either. My NFL radio guys are much better.

How many of you actually listen to radio broadcasts to care about Joe Z. or whoever is doing it? I probably haven't listened to a radio broadcast in 30 years.

Next thing, we're going to get a lengthy thread where guys are sharing tips on the best AM radios for listening to games...

Look, my grandfather would love to talk about AM radio and sports announcers. If he was still alive. And if he could even hear any longer at the age of 113.

Advertisement
Getting pretty desperate if the only thing to talk about is the AM radio announcers. Last time I had to listen to a Canes game radio broadcast was about 4 years ago when I was traveling in the car and I found it on Sirius.

How many of you actually listen to radio broadcasts to care about Joe Z. or whoever is doing it? I probably haven't listened to a radio broadcast in 30 years.

The only Canes game I recall listening too, was the FSU game where an FSU player stuck a flag in Bernard Clark's helmet. IIRC, that game was on cable only, and we didn't have cable at the time. Used to listen to a ton of blacked out Dolphins games on QAM with Jim Mandich though.

The only Canes game I recall listening too, was the FSU game where an FSU player stuck a flag in Bernard Clark's helmet. IIRC, that game was on cable only, and we didn't have cable at the time. Used to listen to a ton of blacked out Dolphins games on QAM with Jim Mandich though.
Yeah, I can't recall listening to a game since I was a kid. If my parents were out and about on a Saturday, I was stuck with them regardless whether a Canes game was on or not. Maybe 1x a year I tune into a pregame with Joe Z. although I usually will listen to music instead. I don't really care about him one way or the other, but I do respect the fact that he genuinely loves the Canes, so I don't hate too much. That said, Mike Ryan's Joe Z > Joe Z himself lol.

Advertisement
When I opened this thread, I was expecting it to say he’s trans now. That would had been epic.

Only time I hear him is in interviews and like highlight plays. I think his voice Is pretty bad and mostly annoying. It's like he doesn't have any lung capacity.

Can they be cringe at times?,.. yes; I get it. But let me say this,… DBjr and JZ, have more orange and green in a strand of their DNA, than all the mopes combined on this site.

Advertisement
Only time I hear him is in interviews and like highlight plays. I think his voice Is pretty bad and mostly annoying. It's like he doesn't have any lung capacity.

I mean...if I was gonna guess...I might think that the collapsed lung that he suffered in a plane crash in 1992 might be part of the issue, trying to take hurricane relief supplies from Broward to Homestead after Andrew hit...

I know Joe has been here for all 5 rings etc etc (so was Kehoe...), but dammit if his voice isn’t like nails on chalkboard.

I hope, for our next announcer, we get someone that uniquely represents Miami, that makes us stand out even on radio broadcasts.

Was watching the UM/ND 17 highlights and his voice cracks every two seconds.

edit: changed the wording so you mopes could understand the point.

Maybe we could get James Earl Jones? Use some of that big money . . .

Or Christopher Walken! Can you imagine . . .

Advertisement
Back