Here's why I'm team TVD at the moment

Continue the battling, Garcia had a great spring (internally) but seemed to take his foot off the gas here in the fall. I think TVD showed out and I’m happy with either.

Advertisement
I like both of our young QB's and think we can win with either, but until proven otherwise, here's why I think he's our best option as QB (even including King)....

From another site: "The best way to characterize Van Dyke’s performance? Highly efficient as a ball distributor. On his pass attempts, Van Dyke got the ball out at an average time of 1.91 seconds, which was second fastest in the country in week four amongst quarterbacks with at least five drop-backs."

Get the ball out quickly and distribute it to our playmakers sounds good to me. He doesn't have to be the fastest scrambler to be effective with a not-so-great OL. Get the ball out of his hands and into the mits of our playmakers will make all the difference.

Now, this was against a glorified HS team, so we'll see what happens when he goes up against a well-coached hardnosed team with some athletes, but if he can make quick decisions, not take too many sacks (I know he got put down twice) and get it to those fast freshmen, he's going to be just fine.

All of our NC's came from our QB's distributing the ball. My all time fave QB is Steve Walsh because he was (along with Bernie and Dorsey) a VERY smart QB. If Steve had TVD's arm talent, he would've played as a starter in the league for a long time. Anyway, the point is let's have QB's who get the ball to the playmakers and not take the place of the playmakers. Garcia and TVD seem to fit that bill and TVD seems less prone to mistakes (knock on wood).

We'll know more this Thursday...
tiny sample size from him but he goes deer in the headlights when he sees free rushers/pressure, which he will see a lot of against acc teams with our ol. think he'll take a lot of unnecessary sacks against the remaining teams on our schedule.

Please don't take sides on the QB competition. Having an opinion is one thing but referring to it as "teams" means that you cannot change sides when the real data starts rolling in.

#MakeModeratorsLivesEasier
Unfortunately, I think that ship has sailed.

Advertisement
Garcia is better. I’m not even sure it’s close. I want a QB who throws the ball downfield.
Dude, didn’t you see the Wiggins drop? 30 yard rope on a post. Folks get off the stupid asss Idea that you have to anoint one as better than the other. So far they are both good and we should be happy. If one is off, the coaches can go to the pen with confidence.

Advertisement
For me it’s Garcia. We haven’t had a guy who could stretch the defense vertically effectively in a long time.

That just makes the entire game easier and will help with the run game.
With a line like ours, the ability to make throws on the run is key and Garcia does it with accuracy.

Side note, im a little bothered by how invested Jake’s parents are into him playing. I love that they care and they support. Nothing against that at all.

But part of me feels that if Jake’s dad doesn’t like the QB situation he will pull the cord on us and i would hate that. I really like our QB room having both of them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't really understand the TVD slander.

I get that people crowned Jake early and all that, but just based off of the eye test yesterday I thought TVD looked slightly better.

He is super accurate w/ his throws and makes quick decisions
He gets slander because the tate martell fan boys needs a new a hero and they chose Garcia.

I love garcia just as much i love Van Dyke. But some of these statements to **** on TVD are baseless and coming from video game football guys who think they really know the sport.

Advertisement
Back