Here's why I'm team TVD at the moment

Advertisement
Garcia is better. I’m not even sure it’s close. I want a QB who throws the ball downfield.

IMO Garcia has a higher ceiling for sure, but his throws were not better on a consistent basis. He threw some beauties, but also some ducks. He needs time and I am certain he will be special. I do worry about his father's lack of patience and what that could do to us.

I was at the stadium Saturday; that throw to Restrepo was legit. TVD has the arm. IMO, from the little I've seen, I think he has the best arm. That said, I think Jake will ultimately be the best QB.

I am really curious to see TVD Thursday. I want to see whether he has the QB feel/instincts to make reads and make good decisions. He certainly has the physical ability but as we know (Kyle Wright), there's much more to playing QB than having a big arm. From the times that I focused on it on Saturday, it seemed like he only had to make 1 read. Don't recall his head having to swivel once to find a different receiver.

Advertisement
When I watch TVD I don’t see a big arm.

Not saying his arm is weak but when I think of strong arm QBs I think of Mahomes and Josh Allen type throws and TVD hasn’t put anything like that on tape.
No, I don’t think he has. Lol.

I like that he gets rid of the ball quickly but defenses will adjust and I assume UVA would take away the short/easy stuff early to see if TVD can process as well as if the OL can hold up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back