Here's an unpopular take as I get home...

k9cane

Senior
btw, not for nothing, Miami tailgates at home and the road are the best. The one I went to hung out with the great Stefan 'Mr CanesInsight' Adams, Canes Edit (we followed each other on Twitter!!!) and I even met 'Solo D' - very nice guy, who is the Rakim of Miami Football

Anyhoo...here's my thought : for the time being, is it time for Miami to stop playing in these big opening week games on a national stage? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know we used to be 'anywhere, anytime, anyplace' but this aint the 80's anymore. And right now, Miami is that middle aged woman, who at one time was a beauty pageant contestant, who has gained 25 pounds, still trying to dress like she's 21( yeah, no one is Forever 21) and wearing a girdle belt.

Now, I wanna make it clear( as someone who was in Dallas last season and then Orlando this past weekend), these losses feel MUCH different, and I have a much more optimistic feeling about this season. I liked what I saw last night, overall.

But this athletic department has to be realistic about just where they are as a program, and who they are currently. Maybe in a few years, when Diaz has this thing rolling -- knock on wood -- we can come right out of the gate with prime time games, but right now, well, if there was ever a time when Miami needed some 'pre-season' games it was this season. Now, I know these decisions are made long beforehand, but my overall point is that Miami has to realize where they stand at the moment

Currently, Miami just aint ready for the prime time, that's the reality

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
So it can be fools gold when we play a legit opponent in the season? The offseason was harder because they knew we had a marquee matchup opening the season. We just need to win the games at the end of the day. Perception wise people came out feeling a little more positive in Miami ceiling for the season after they saw glimpses of Jarren being very impressive, a great defense and battling a top 10 ranked team and probably think Miami should have won ultimately. Not saying we do but if we win out this loss won’t hurt us even if the gators go 9-3 or whatever because they will see a young team that got better over the course of the season. It only can get better and better and I’m here to see it through

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back