Here's a laugh: Syracuse.com writers predict score

3 out of 6 picked Miami. I can't hate on a local beat writer homering for his team.

Like my father always told me, "Never take a man's hope. Sometimes that's all he has left."

Advertisement
3 out of 6 picked Miami. I can't hate on a local beat writer homering for his team.

Like my father always told me, "Never take a man's hope. Sometimes that's all he has left."

Good point. Maybe it's less a laugh and more of a pity for us having beat writers that hate the team they cover.

Syracuse football at Miami: See our picks, make your predictions | syracuse.com

These beat writers really think Syracuse is going to win their first road game in 2 years at #8 Miami. LOL

Not every writer picked Syracuse and the ones that did had it very close.Until we show we can dominate a game other than Bethune and Duke..... it's rather odd that you would be so smug.

I don't think it's being smug, it's being logical. Nobody is saying they have no chance. I think everyone is expecting a tough game, but looking at the objective information available, UM is clearly the favorite. So when 4 out of 6 writers pick, what based on the data appears to be improbable, then yeah, it's clearly biased.

So I guess it was logical when 3 touchdown favorite Clemson lost to Syracuse.Don' think logic has much to do with College football my friend.

We will beat Syracuse... They will be way too high after their win against Clemson... Knees will be weak if you know what I mean... Team is way too young and inexperienced to win like that and be able to focus on the next game, even if it's Miami. We are going to have to earn this win... But we got this.

There is also the element of surprise, which apparently they had against Clemson but won't have against us. Clemson's secondary got roasted on several plays... Won't happen to us. This ain't No'D's defense (or whatever that was against Bethune earlier this year). Plus, Clemson's starting QB, who was already injured, suffered a concussion and was taken out in the first half.

I also expect Malik to come out strong in the first half... No more coming out flat... Get him going with a few short passes.. Whatever works.

GO CANES!!!

These beat writers really think Syracuse is going to win their first road game in 2 years at #8 Miami. LOL

Not every writer picked Syracuse and the ones that did had it very close.Until we show we can dominate a game other than Bethune and Duke..... it's rather odd that you would be so smug.

I don't think it's being smug, it's being logical. Nobody is saying they have no chance. I think everyone is expecting a tough game, but looking at the objective information available, UM is clearly the favorite. So when 4 out of 6 writers pick, what based on the data appears to be improbable, then yeah, it's clearly biased.

Guess logic played a big roll when #2 Heavily favored Clemson lost last week. OR when Oklahoma who beats Ohio State loses to Iowa State etc etc etc.

Advertisement

Logic and College who would have guessed.....

We will beat Syracuse... They will be way too high after their win against Clemson... Knees will be weak if you know what I mean... Team is way too young and inexperienced to win like that and be able to focus on the next game, even if it's Miami. We are going to have to earn this win... But we got this.

There is also the element of surprise, which apparently they had against Clemson but won't have against us. Clemson's secondary got roasted on several plays... Won't happen to us. This ain't No'D's defense (or whatever that was against Bethune earlier this year). Plus, Clemson's starting QB, who was already injured, suffered a concussion and was taken out in the first half.

I also expect Malik to come out strong in the first half... No more coming out flat... Get him going with a few short passes.. Whatever works.

GO CANES!!!

SMUG

Advertisement

Guess logic played a big roll when #2 Heavily favored Clemson lost last week. OR when Oklahoma who beats Ohio State loses to Iowa State etc etc etc.

You are using a small sample size. And please explain how those games have anything to do with this one. What does Iowa State beating Oklahoma have to do with Syracuse at Miami?

Last edited:
Advertisement
So many of them keep talking about stopping our running game. But our passing game is a huge advantage for us as well. You're talking about the 71st ranked passing defense vs the 17th ranked passing offense.
I get that at the very least they have to stop Homer. But unlike Clemson, they also have an entire other mess they have to figure out to stop our offense.

Advertisement
All I know is they got two of the ugliest women I've ever seen.

-665cd37b3dbe5f08.JPG

Maybe I misunderstood, but it hasn't been 2 years since Cuse won a road game? They won @UConn and @BC last year. Not saying those are impressive wins or anything. But they did win outside of the Carrier Dome.

Having said that, we still roll.

Advertisement
Back