Here you go (Duke/Tracy/Valentine)

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Thought this needed its own thread

Contrary to speculation, I have confirmed that current Miami players have NOT told Travonte Valentine that he should not go to Miami. Someone tweeted out that Duke Johnson and Tracy Howard told Valentine not to go to Miami, but I have been told from a very good source that neither of those two have even spoke to Valentine during the process. This is not a surprise, just thought I would confirm it for you guys.

Advertisement
Thought this needed its own thread

Contrary to speculation, I have confirmed that current Miami players have NOT told Travonte Valentine that he should not go to Miami. Jon Drummond tweeted out that Duke Johnson and Tracy Howard told Valentine not to go to Miami, but I have been told from a very good source that neither of those two have even spoke to Valentine during the process. This is not a surprise, just thought I would confirm it for you guys.

But you defend this dude...I don't get it man

Great guy. That is a REPRESENTATIVE of the Athletic staff of Champagnat Catholic High School. LYING about players publically and embarassing himself, and his program.

Has anyone forwarded this information to Mike Tunsil for comment? Maybe I will send some emails to Champagnat for comment and out of concern with what a representative of their program is engaged in doing publically.

Advertisement
No matter how good your "source" is....and I don't care if it was the kids parents themselves....you would never get a truthful answer on that topic if in fact Duke and Howard did tell him that. Even Valentine himself would deny it just to avoid the drama.

Maybe he was trying to use this story as a cover up and make it less obvious that he took $$$?

Advertisement
Champagnat Catholic School

1851 Palm Avenue
Hialeah, FL 33010
Office: 305-888-3760
Fax: 305-883-1174
Champagnat.School@gmail.com

Champagnat Catholic School
Address
2609 NW 7th St
Miami, Florida, 33125
USA
Information
Motto Ad Jesum per Mariam
(To Jesus through Mary)
Denomination Catholic
Patron saint(s) Marcellin Champagnat
Established 1968
Founder Dr. Reinaldo and Mrs. Maria I. Alonso
CEEB Code 101081
President Dr. Reinaldo Alonso
Teaching staff 34.0 (FTE) (in 2007-08)[1]
Grades PK-12
Enrollment 449 (in 2007-08)[1]
Student to teacher ratio 13.5 (in 2007-08)[1]
Campuses 2
Color(s) Navy Blue, Red, White
Mascot Lion
Newspaper 'Paw Prints'
Yearbook 'Reminiscence'
Website http://www.champagnatcatholicschool.com/

Champagnat Catholic School was founded by Dr. Reinaldo and Mrs. Maria I. Alonso at a time in the history of Miami when there was a shortage of schools. Champagnat came in to strengthen the religious, the civic and patriotic roots of children coming in from Cuba and Central and South America. Champagnat started under the auspices of the Marist Brothers due to Dr. Alonso's previous years as principal of the Champagnat elementary in La Vibora, Cuba and later on the Champagnat high school in Cienfuegos, Cuba.

Champagnat Miami campus opened its classroom doors on September 8, 1968 at the corner of 29th Avenue and 7th Street SW in Miami with 123 students. In 1970 the school moved to its present address of 2609 NW 7th Street in Miami, and in 1973 the school opened the doors to a second campus presently located at 369 East 10 Street in Hialeah.

The school is accredited by the National Private Schools Accreditation Alliance.
Campus

Champagnat Catholic School has two campuses, one in the Little Havana neighborhood of Miami and one in Hialeah.

What the fudge is this dudes deal? Why the **** would Duke or Howard even say that? Someone at Miami must've really done something to **** this guy off. **** fool.

Advertisement
If this board wasn't operating under these softer rules, I'd have a few choice words for Pete and his good buddy genron. But **** it, it's already obvious to anyone that has a clue

595.gif

Advertisement
***** LIES ALL THE TIME

NO RESPECT AT ALL FOR A ***** THAT CANT SPEAK THE TRUTH

HE HIDES BEHIND RECRUITS ALL THE WHILE DOWNING UM

**** HIM

For the lulz of it, I e-mailed Champagnat and asked them if they approved of a school employee slandering college kids via social media.

Just wondering if your school approves of an employee slandering college kids via social media.

If you're not aware, this is about Jon Drummond claiming on twitter that a certain DT recruit was told "not to go to Miami" by two current University of Miami football players. A statement that was later proven false.

Honestly, it's one thing for Mr. Drummond to 'mentor' kids into considering particular schools, it's another to badmouth a local institution, one that also happens to be the largest private employer in Miami-Dade county. And to do that by slandering amateur athletes? I expect more from an accredited school such as Champagnat.

Last edited:
Though they probably should not get into all this, part of me wishes Duke and Tracy would publicly call him out...those two have their fair share of local respect.

Advertisement
Back