Here we go!

ezgif-3233116162.gif

Advertisement
Golden has boxed himself in a corner, and at UM he's in a no-win situation.

I've been suggesting on a number of boards for months that UM and Golden should negotiate a mutually beneficial resignation. If Golden waits until next season and then gets fired, he'll only see a whistle in high school programs.

If he leave now for personal reasons/family reasons, he will be able to salvage his coaching career.

It's a no-brainer.

I think he needed to find a reasonable landing spot. Too late for personal reasons. Either mutual decision to part ways or needs a landing spot.

Either way. Make it happen already. It is foolishness at this point for everyone involved.

Plus Butch isn't accepting any job until after the 15th when that last wire hits his account from UNC.

Advertisement

I've been suggesting on a number of boards for months that UM and Golden should negotiate a mutually beneficial resignation. If Golden waits until next season and then gets fired, he'll only see a whistle in high school programs.

If he leave now for personal reasons/family reasons, he will be able to salvage his coaching career.

It's a no-brainer.

I think he needed to find a reasonable landing spot. Too late for personal reasons. Either mutual decision to part ways or needs a landing spot.

Either way. Make it happen already. It is foolishness at this point for everyone involved.

I would agree with that, but Golden is aware that he just failed at one of the easiest jobs in college football and he will never find another job now. If he can't win at Miami with the location, recruiting heaven, one of the easiest power 5 conferences, easy division. No one in their right mind would hire this guy now. You cant win at Miami you can't win anywhere is the way everyone else sees it. He knows he HAS to right this ship or he's ****ed for good. It won't happen but he knows he has to do it.

Advertisement
Kiffin would suck.

Schiano would suck.

Cristobal would suck.

Mentioning 1 makes you a potato and someone who should be castrated with a spoon.

Disagree on Cristobal

That is because you're a potato.

I don't get the love for Schiano at all. Seems like an atrocious idea to me. Cristobal is meh. And Kiffin would have had to do a 180 - and 1 year with Saban doesn't have me convinced.

They all suck and would be terrible HCs at Miami. That is the bottom line.

Don't think any coach could be worse than what we have now. Of course I thought samething when shannon was coach.

It's a no-brainer.

I would agree with that, but Golden is aware that he just failed at one of the easiest jobs in college football and he will never find another job now. If he can't win at Miami with the location, recruiting heaven, one of the easiest power 5 conferences, easy division. No one in their right mind would hire this guy now. You cant win at Miami you can't win anywhere is the way everyone else sees it. He knows he HAS to right this ship or he's ****ed for good. It won't happen but he knows he has to do it.

Yeap. Winning at THE U means NFL HC job. Losing at THE U means position coach forever after or exile to desert, if you win NC before you start losing.

Advertisement

It's a no-brainer.

I think he can absolutely pull the "personal/family reasons" card. In fact, it would be the perfect time given earlier reports of his wife being in the hospital. Urb did it at ufayg.

If he uses that card now he can salvage his corching career. If he insists on hanging around here another year, he'll be committing career suicide.

If he leaves now, there are still idiots out there who think he's a decent coach and a good rebuilder type. He will dispel that falsehood next year if he insists on languishing here.

The one thing that makes me optimistic that Al's time here is finally ending: the fact that we haven't heard anything about staff changes AT ALL. If Golden was serious about staying, it is basically a GIVEN that he would have shuffled his staff. The fact that he hasn't done that since our bowl game tells me he knows his time is up.

Advertisement
The one thing that makes me optimistic that Al's time here is finally ending: the fact that we haven't heard anything about staff changes AT ALL. If Golden was serious about staying, it is basically a GIVEN that he would have shuffled his staff. The fact that he hasn't done that since our bowl game tells me he knows his time is up.

I've been at this long enough to know getting your hopes up when it comes to this administration actually making a good decision is not wise..

But the post above is something I haven't been able to stop thinking about as well. I don't know how, when, where...but I have a gut feeling something is coming.

Might be a train....but I think there may be some hope that the worst coach to ever roam the sideline at the University of Miami might be gone.

Don't get your hopes up. Competence is not a strong suit of the administration. If they don't see we are the most stagnant program in the state they are more clueless than I thought. Enough talent is there to win now. Get rid of Golden now and atleast match UF momentum. But that's wishful thinking

Advertisement
Back