Here to eat my crow

94FD80DA-661E-4FDD-AEDA-EE8984105EB0.gif

Advertisement
Major Applewhite was not named offensive coordinator today contrary to what I reported last week so I’m here to face the music and take my L like a man.

I had three program sources who I trust telling me it was a done deal last Thursday and reporter Josh White confirmed what we were hearing a few days later. It didn’t work out. We got got and either were oversold on the “doneness” of the deal or caught a smokescreen in an entirely wild hiring process that had dozens of them. Only a few people know the answer to that.

I don’t see the craziness of the past two weeks occurring again anytime soon, so I’d trust those same sources right now. If you’ve been following along day-to-day since the beginning, you know I’ve been bringing consistently accurate info to the site. That’s not going to change and I’m going to continue to bring the heat in the future.

Congrats to coach Enos and his new staff. We at CIS wish them the best in the last month of recruiting and into the future. Mat drills start at 6 am.

Go Canes

Stef
Word is that Miami admin was not comfortable with Applewhites' past concerning the Co-ed/infidelity situation. That also lets me know that Kendall Briles was never an option due to his Baylor ties...

No chance of always being accurate, regardless of sources. Everyone gets it wrong sometimes. Nature of the business.

I appreciate all the inside info provided. Thanks.

Advertisement
You know CIS has made it when Manny’s first move is to fire a smokescreen at our leader lol

You certainly weren't the only one @Stefan Adams! There are many that need to take more than one L. Appreciate what you do and you've become a trusted source for Canes news. Keep up the great work!

Major Applewhite was not named offensive coordinator today contrary to what I reported last week so I’m here to face the music and take my L like a man.

I had three program sources who I trust telling me it was a done deal last Thursday and reporter Josh White confirmed what we were hearing a few days later. It didn’t work out. We got got and either were oversold on the “doneness” of the deal or caught a smokescreen in an entirely wild hiring process that had dozens of them. Only a few people know the answer to that.

I don’t see the craziness of the past two weeks occurring again anytime soon, so I’d trust those same sources right now. If you’ve been following along day-to-day since the beginning, you know I’ve been bringing consistently accurate info to the site. That’s not going to change and I’m going to continue to bring the heat in the future.

Congrats to coach Enos and his new staff. We at CIS wish them the best in the last month of recruiting and into the future. Mat drills start at 6 am.

Go Canes

Stef

Okay.

But what I want from you now is the story behind the story.

Some day we would all probably like to know who they spoke with, how close others came, etc.

Keep up the good work.

Go Canes

Stef
It's ok man, unlike Pete the walker u did right.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Go Canes

Stef

Stop listening to Pete. He isn’t good for business.

Advertisement
You went with what you were told by multiple sources. No shame in that.

I really appreciate all your work here, Stefan. Learn, grow, and move on from this.

CIS still kicks ***.

Advertisement
Back