Here is a stat that will surprise some people

Advertisement
And while we are shattering stereotypes, let me throw this one out:

We have had 13 OL drafted since 2004. Ten of them (77%) have been from South Florida.

There is a significant difference between the last 18 years and the last 10 years, the difference in quality is pretty obvious

Advertisement
With this data............we need to recover Real fast...starting with Manny and his team this year....
No excuses, got to get back on track...

Advertisement
There is a significant difference between the last 18 years and the last 10 years, the difference in quality is pretty obvious

I agree. There's a huge difference between 1st round Bryant McKinnie & Vernon Carey vs. 1st round Ereck Flowers

And we didn't have an OL drafted 2007 - 2009.

So really the dropoff happened after the 2005 season, even though overall numbers look consistent over time.

See, this is the type of stuff that Miami needs to be highlighting when they have recruits visit. Perception is everything and the perception is we don't get young men paid b/c ESPN got the Big 10 and the SEC junk down their throats.

That's why I want us to completely update our recruiting rooms that have replica super bowl rings and alumni attached to them, a running HOF graphic, the amount of NFL players we have and our collegiate rank, our draft success ratio compared to other schools, amount of pro bowlers, and who we send to the NFL by position group.

Dammit, it's time to show these jits what's really good b/c all these other schools are just using recent on-field success. We need to help these kids and parents to see what happens when you come to the U; that not only will we be just as dominant, but we flood the NFL w/ long, prosperous careers.

I agree. There's a huge difference between 1st round Bryant McKinnie & Vernon Carey vs. 1st round Ereck Flowers

And we didn't have an OL drafted 2007 - 2009.

So really the dropoff happened after the 2005 season, even though overall numbers look consistent over time.

There's def a difference between 1st round McKinnie/Carey and Flowers. But, we would be in fantastic shape with a 1-2 Ereck Flowers on our OL on the regular. 3 year starter that was dependable to very good his entire time here.

Advertisement
Interesting

How many NFLers do we have right now? I’m not hating, I think there’s some interesting cases.

Hope we learn a lot. Donaldson only gets hype and excuses because of his star ranking so hopefully this year we see him make a big jump.

We definitely have some talent but we just haven’t seen enough from the yet. Scaife looks like he could be really really good despite some (expected) struggles last year

And there will be a few from the current roster too. Yet all these clowns are always crying about no talent. Watch how the talent looks suddenly and miraculously better with a top-quality OC.

It’ll be just like how the defensive talent was supposedly garbage according to the CIS mongoloids under Folden then got miraculously better under a coach that played to their strengths.

Advertisement
The OL has always gotten way too much blame for our problems IMO

You can always blame the OL here and everyone just agrees. It's always felt like a lazy argument to me.
Laziest **** in sports. Puppeting that John Madden/Matt Millen garbage makes every fan feel like a genius. Throw out a few “you win in the trenches” and you’re a football scientist.

Interesting

How many NFLers do we have right now? I’m not hating, I think there’s some interesting cases.

Hope we learn a lot. Donaldson only gets hype and excuses because of his star ranking so hopefully this year we see him make a big jump.

We definitely have some talent but we just haven’t seen enough from the yet. Scaife looks like he could be really really good despite some (expected) struggles last year

I'm sure there will be 1-2 guys that make it. But, I think Searels may have been sub-par at identifying OL talent (or maybe just signing it). Dude only targeted interior prospects and then reached when he couldn't find the right tackle prospects.

Advertisement
Back