Herb Waters

Waters should have played more last year, in the little time we saw him he balled out, that catch he made against duke was amazing

Advertisement
Will Njoku be playing WR or TE this year?

Kid is a physical freak...he can turn out to be a huge weapon for us, specifically in the redzone.

Hopefully it translates to the field.

Streeter, Davon Johnson, Hurns, Dorsett...All of these guys have taken a big step under Golden's watch.

I'd be surprised if one of Coley, Waters, Scott doesn't emerge in 2015.

Good post. This is VERY true. We can knock Golden for ALOT of stuff but he brings WRs back from the dead around here.

If seeing what PD is doing right now doesn't motivate Herb, I don't know what to tell him. PD is going to be a top 50 pick and he wasn't on ANYONEs preseason draft radar. He isn't as fast as PD, but he is a better route runner IMO. And he is still a 4.4 guy.

Looking forward to seeing big things from him and Coley.
He brought Hurns and Dorsett back from the dead?

Streeter, Davon Johnson, Hurns, Dorsett...All of these guys have taken a big step under Golden's watch.

Good post. This is VERY true. We can knock Golden for ALOT of stuff but he brings WRs back from the dead around here.

If seeing what PD is doing right now doesn't motivate Herb, I don't know what to tell him. PD is going to be a top 50 pick and he wasn't on ANYONEs preseason draft radar. He isn't as fast as PD, but he is a better route runner IMO. And he is still a 4.4 guy.

Was referring to Streeter and DJohnson. They didn't do **** under Shannon. Even Hurns had a bigger role under Golden. Dorsett is Goldens guy and is about to be a top 50 pick. (shrugs) Not a bad track record IMO.

Advertisement
You obviously don't pay any attention to the game. Throughout spring and fall practice Scott was the best thing smoking before he got hurt. Carroll held alot of people back and played his favorites. But no need to talk, you'll see once again Scott is the best option we have.

Was referring to Streeter and DJohnson. They didn't do **** under Shannon. Even Hurns had a bigger role under Golden. Dorsett is Goldens guy and is about to be a top 50 pick. (shrugs) Not a bad track record IMO.

Streeter was all george macdonald.

But in the midst of those players progressing someone always dropped off... Byrd, Benjamin and Scott... DJohnson would have balled if he was never hurt and even then Golden moved him to defense... The kid threatened to transfer if he didn't get an opportunity back on offense...

guys here still hyping Coley. lol. Dude has shown nothing...zero. Show me something on the field please.

Advertisement

But in the midst of those players progressing someone always dropped off... Byrd, Benjamin and Scott... DJohnson would have balled if he was never hurt and even then Golden moved him to defense... The kid threatened to transfer if he didn't get an opportunity back on offense...

travis had a fumbling program but he made big plays. Scott has had injury and off field issues but he is also a kid no one knew of when we signed him so he is not like a laron byrd who was highly regarded

Dorsett, with all his talent, under-produced here. So, I have no idea where you get that Folden did anything special for him. The guy will be drafted relatively high because of his immense physical talent and because of what he's done AFTER the season. Folden did nothing for him.

Streeter? He is another guy with immense physical gifts, who had one good year.

Hurns? Folden did wonders for him. Where'd he get drafted? Hurns was steady his whole **** career.

What did he do for Stacy Coley last year? How about Herb? Both of those guys had horrible seasons despite playing on a very talented offense with an All-American QB. Will you claim Folden as a hero if both of those guys crawl out from the rubbish he piled on them?

Can we all agree that a head coach has nothing to do with a skill position's player development.

1. Position Coach
2. Coordinator
3. Strength and Conditioning Coach

In that order are the ones that directly effect a players development.

Al isn't showing the receivers how to run crisp routes, catch the ball properly, the intricacies of the position which allow you to beat your man.

His is directly involved in special teams. if a player blows up on ST, then we can say Golden had a hand in that.

I will always believe that Herb Waters' 2014 season was a hose job by Golden and the coaching staff. There is no reason on this planet that Waters should have been behind Berrios as the slot receiver, to say nothing of WR2 across from Dorsett. Coley was a major zero out there, and we had a guy waiting to step in.

He was in the doghouse, pure and simple.

Advertisement
I will always believe that Herb Waters' 2014 season was a hose job by Golden and the coaching staff. There is no reason on this planet that Waters should have been behind Berrios as the slot receiver, to say nothing of WR2 across from Dorsett. Coley was a major zero out there, and we had a guy waiting to step in.

Every time he got PT he performed well. I believe he had the best receptions to targets ratio out of all of our WRs

Every time he got PT he performed well. I believe he had the best receptions to targets ratio out of all of our WRs

After he graduates and goes on to play in the NFL, I wonder if he'll speak out as to what caused him to lose an entire year of PT. Probably mouthed off to the wrong coach.

You all are acting like Herb didn't play. Yeah, he should have and could have been targeted more.

As far as production as a receiver, he finished 4th behind 3 guys that will be drafted in the 1st 3 rounds in this year's NFL draft (Dorsett, Clive, Duke).

I would rather have Dorsett, Clive, and Duke get targeted on throws over Herb. Next year is a new year with Kaaya, and Herb will get his fair shake.

Advertisement
You all are acting like Herb didn't play. Yeah, he should have and could have been targeted more.

As far as production as a receiver, he finished 4th behind 3 guys that will be drafted in the 1st 3 rounds in this year's NFL draft (Dorsett, Clive, Duke).

I would rather have Dorsett, Clive, and Duke get targeted on throws over Herb. Next year is a new year with Kaaya, and Herb will get his fair shake.

His production was in very little time. I'm not sure where to find the numbers, but Berrios and Lewis got a considerable amount of snaps more than those of herb

There's no discernible reason Herb got significantly less PT than Coley at the Y. He almost caught as many passes as Stacey, for more yards, even while buried on the depth chart. And Coley ran literally two routes all season- bubble screens and streaks. That makes an offense much easier to defend when he's out there. When one half of the field has no "unpredictability" to worry a defense, everybody else can zone in on the Dorsetts and Walfords. It's not simply about who's getting the most targets, it's about making life easier for the entire unit. Coley did nothing for us, and we had a guy waiting to play who could have done so much more. And when he produces in 2015, you'll wonder about this past season even more.

i cannot understand how he was behind Malcolm Lewis.

If Herb, Coley, and Brad can build some chemistry, ish will get real, real fast.

Advertisement
Back