Herb Waters

Why are some people so obsessed with wanting to attribute something positive to our coaching staff, even if it means making **** up?

It is the one of the weirdest phenomenons.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why are some people so obsessed with wanting to attribute something positive to our coaching staff, even it means making **** up?

I just think some people hate runs far deeper then others. When some people post on here, "I hope Al Golden dies in a car crash and Dno is with him", they really mean that ****. lol. So when you think like that, you really cant think rational.

Hating him is one thing. Saying he gets zero credit for any player that came in with him in that initial class is just.....I don't know.

Does he get credit for Luthor Robinson? Ahhhhhh..NO. He actually ruined him. Same for Chick. Gets zero credit. Cost him millions.

Most people wont give him credit for development of Clive Walford. I give credit to RS for seeing what he could be in 5 yrs when he recruited him. But seeing that he has had two OC and two or three TE coachs since hes been here...Who gets credit for his development? Buddy is going to be the first TE off the board. He has been a beast the last two years here..So who do we give pound to for that?.. Just curious..

Why are some people so obsessed with wanting to attribute something positive to our coaching staff, even it means making **** up?

I just think some people hate runs far deeper then others. When some people post on here, "I hope Al Golden dies in a car crash and Dno is with him", they really mean that ****. lol. So when you think like that, you really cant think rational.

Hating him is one thing. Saying he gets zero credit for any player that came in with him in that initial class is just.....I don't know.

Does he get credit for Luthor Robinson? Ahhhhhh..NO. He actually ruined him. Same for Chick. Gets zero credit. Cost him millions.

Most people wont give him credit for development of Clive Walford. I give credit to RS for seeing what he could be in 5 yrs when he recruited him. But seeing that he has had two OC and two or three TE coachs since hes been here...Who gets credit for his development? Buddy is going to be the first TE off the board. He has been a beast the last two years here..So who do we give pound to for that?.. Just curious..

Uh, maybe Walford himself gets the credit? I'm not sure why you think this is some huge mystery with the only answer being "Al Golden"

Uh, maybe Walford himself gets the credit? I'm not sure why you think this is some huge mystery with the only answer being "Al Golden"

Im fine with that. Give Clive the credit then.

Players development has been pretty good. Not the greatest, but not a weak part.

Using the talent effectively and winning football games are where our coaching staff has failed. If you go 6-7 in Miami, with our talent, you should be fired.

Advertisement
Was referring to Streeter and DJohnson. They didn't do **** under Shannon. Even Hurns had a bigger role under Golden. Dorsett is Goldens guy and is about to be a top 50 pick. (shrugs) Not a bad track record IMO.

Dorsett, with all his talent, under-produced here. So, I have no idea where you get that Folden did anything special for him. The guy will be drafted relatively high because of his immense physical talent and because of what he's done AFTER the season. Folden did nothing for him.

Streeter? He is another guy with immense physical gifts, who had one good year.

Hurns? Folden did wonders for him. Where'd he get drafted? Hurns was steady his whole **** career.

What did he do for Stacy Coley last year? How about Herb? Both of those guys had horrible seasons despite playing on a very talented offense with an All-American QB. Will you claim Folden as a hero if both of those guys crawl out from the rubbish he piled on them?

Butch gets credit for any and every player that balled out AFTER he left just because he got that player to sign on the dotted line. Even 3 years AFTER he bolted for the Browns. (Sean Taylor, etc)

Just figured we mide as well make it an even playing field for Al too.

Dorsett is his guy. He gets no credit whatsoever? Ok. (shrugs)

Butch gets credit for having an incredible eye for talent. He's probably the best who has ever walked the earth when it comes to taking HS talent and projecting it to the college level and developing it into NFL talent.

Not sure what any of that has to do with you trying to give Folden credit for "developing" Dorsett when he didn't get nearly enough out of his enormous talent and didn't even recruit him. Dorsett committed to Shannon.

Ahhhhhh..the ole "well he REALLY committed to RS" excuse. Like PD couldn't have bolted like Teddy Bridgewater and Eli Rodgers did after RS was fired.

My point is that Butch gets credit for guys like Andre Johnson although he only coached him for one year (he was on the scout team btw) and didn't help develop him to his max potential.

But Golden cant get credit for PD, even though he coached him for 4 years, put him a S&C program that allowed him to increase his speed (he wasn't a 4.2 guy out of HS) and bulk up. And gave him a shot to get noticed. (Not like PD had HORRIBLE stats. Just didn't get the ball as much as he should have. Who fault is that really?)

I hate Al too, but at this point you are blaming this guy even if you go to Whole Foods and your favorite bag of chips is out of stock.

You try too hard to be the even-handed voice of reason contrarian. It's a bad look, especially when you make very poor arguments.

Why are some people so obsessed with wanting to attribute something positive to our coaching staff, even if it means making **** up?

Dudes like Jassid want to be seen as rational even-Steven types. So, they're constantly trying to balance things out and bring their down-the-middle, above-the-fray approach to every topic.

Berrios should have red shirted. Kaaya too. Along with almost every other frosh we've had over the last 4 years.

******* staph has no idea what proper roster management looks like. Every ******* year with this staph it's "We have a young team". No ******* schit Sherlock.

Fvck Gorlden.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back