Henry Parrish, 2020 RB

Advertisement
Unfortunately there are always going to be skill position guys from SFL that are Miami-caliber that we won't have room for. And that has never been more true than it is right now with the top guy on your board (Chaney) committed, not taking visits and outwardly advocating for a top notch 2nd back in the class.

My take: It seems that the staff has Holmes rated higher than Parrish and you're seeing that play out. Its obvious from reading that many of you (and many respected posters) either disagree with this or think we should take Parrish regardless. I don't think you can really go wrong with either but strictly going off their films, I like Holmes over Parrish.

Ultimately, its a great (and persistent) problem to be able to choose from ~5 Miami-caliber backs every single year. And, yes, we will make the wrong calls occasionally but look at the bright side... it gives the Negative Nancy's on CIS something to gripe about year in and year out.

Who is better this guy or the dude from NY? Take Holmes and put him wherever you want. At Rb, take Chaney and this guy or the NY dude.

Advertisement
Personally, we have the opportunity to get better than Parrish or Murphy.

Holmes is a swiss army knife so I am not even counting him as the second back.

Who is better this guy or the dude from NY? Take Holmes and put him wherever you want. At Rb, take Chaney and this guy or the NY dude.

I can't speak for who is better but Murphy is blowing up. Has gotten offers recently from everyone. Alabama, ND, Ohio State, etc. It seems like ND has made him a priority. I noticed he has liked/posted some pro miami stuff recently too. Not sure if the new staff has contacted him to reaffirm his offer or not.

I can't speak for who is better but Murphy is blowing up. Has gotten offers recently from everyone. Alabama, ND, Ohio State, etc. It seems like ND has made him a priority. I noticed he has liked/posted some pro miami stuff recently too. Not sure if the new staff has contacted him to reaffirm his offer or not.
Gotta think if the staff wants him Miami leads. Definitely helps with the 3 NY freshmen coming in.

Advertisement
It’ll be interesting to see the direction Enos wants to go. We already have the do it all back in Chaney but does Enos want a HR speed type in Holmes, a bigger/power back in Murphy, or local production with Parrish.

It’ll be interesting to see the direction Enos wants to go. We already have the do it all back in Chaney but does Enos want a HR speed type in Holmes, a bigger/power back in Murphy, or local production with Parrish.

Agreed. My personal opinion is that we have guys with great top end speed (lingard, Cam) but theyre more one cut and go type guys. I think we need a guy whos electric laterally with top end speed. So i think Holmes should be more of a priority.

Advertisement
Some of you guys are saying "just take Holmes as an athlete and dont count him as a running back" Really? How are you going to explain to a kid who said he wants to play running back that you are taking 2 other dudes at his position and him as a "we will see later" guy. Yall really think hes gonna come like that? come on.

Some of you guys are saying "just take Holmes as an athlete and dont count him as a running back" Really? How are you going to explain to a kid who said he wants to play running back that you are taking 2 other dudes at his position and him as a "we will see later" guy. Yall really think hes gonna come like that? come on.

Facts. If you sign Chaney and Parrish, Holmes is going to FSU. Not saying I'd be upset with that, I personally think Parrish is the better RB, Holmes is the better athlete, but I'm just saying that's how it will shake out.

Advertisement

You recruit him as an offensive weapon who will play all over the offense because you want to get him the ball in his hands

With Chaney locked in, I’m honestly just not that worried about who RB2 is. I suppose I lean towards Holmes largely bc of the viability of him as a return man and potential flex position wise.

Chaney’s our dude. Keep Thad Franklin for 2021 (May be best in Florida right now) and we’re good

Advertisement
Back