Henry Parrish, 2020 RB

Advertisement
I
Traits are huge. That's why I was on the Cook>Yearby train back when they were sophomores and it was an unpopular opinion.

But Parrish is faster than Yearby. An 11.09 as a sophomore is really good. For comparison, CamRon Davis ran an 11.06 as a sophomore. And he's a speed back without the elite moves of Parrish. As another example, Parrish was faster as a HS freshman than Deejay Dallas ever was in high school. He's skinnier than Davis and Dallas, of course, but he's not short or soft. Yearby was 5'9 and didn't even run the 100M, for good reason.

I was a Parrish agnostic until I saw him live. The guy is the truth. His best games were against teams like Deerfield Beach, Northwestern and South Dade. He made good players fall on their *** with moves. It pains me to promote a Columbus player, but he left me no choice.

I think Parrish can be RB2 in this class for sure, I think wherever he goes he should also be open to playing in the slot and an all-purpose role in college. That's not a knock as I've been defending him in this and other threads as RB2...But his frame is pretty thin. And he can def make you miss in space.

And yup Money, I watched those highlights from the playoffs and he flat out makes K. Washington looked awful in space, pretty much put the nail in Washington's coffin as a next level safety imo. LB all the way lol.

I have no problem with Parrish as the 2nd back in the class. I think it would be pretty **** cool to have a Belen & Columbus RB as the 2 RBs for the class.

My knowledge of Parrish is limited to having watched his tape. That's it. I'm just informing the discussion with parallels, comparisons, and concerns. I have no idea why you're being so defensive and putting words in my mouth.

As for the OL, I 1000% stand by that statement. I played HS football about 12 years ago. We went up against a lot of teams with a couple big time OL prospects. The best overall OL we went against was Immokalee's. It was 5 guys that were all between 5'10 and 6'1 and between 250 and 270 pounds. None were major P5 prospects that I'm aware of. All of them had the feet to pull, get to the second level, and effectively zone block as a unit. Javarris James ran wild on us.

Sure, if you want to compare HS OL's to STA's which is always well coached, well rounded, and has P5 talent, go ahead. BUt in a discussion about which OL will best serve a HS RB's success, number of scholarship offers a guy has is not close to the top of my list. The film speaks for itself. He's got lanes for days.

Again, I'm very content with the prospect of Parrish as the 2nd back in the class. I can still have reservations. Please don't pin me on the opposite end of whatever your position is just for the sake of having a something to contrast. That's lazy and unproductive.
I'm not being defensive, you attempted to dismiss Parrish's season by saying Columbus had a fantastic OL & I made the point that this great OL doesn't have a single player with a P5 offer, their 2 best lineman are signing with Georgia St & FAU.

I don't have a problem with you or anybody having reservations about him as a player, I'm not even arguing he's going to be great or anything like that, all I've said is that we have a much more realistic shot at getting him than the others.

I didn't pin you on the opposite end of anything lol I disputed what you said about the Columbus OL that's it. I honestly don't care what people think about Parrish, just don't say his 1,800yd+ season was only because of his OL because if it was those linemen would be more sought after.

I got no beef with you bro, I just don't agree with the assessment of trying to give Columbus's OL more credit than they deserve lol. We good homie.

I'm not being defensive, you attempted to dismiss Parrish's season by saying Columbus had a fantastic OL & I made the point that this great OL doesn't have a single player with a P5 offer, their 2 best lineman are signing with Georgia St & FAU.

I don't have a problem with you or anybody having reservations about him as a player, I'm not even arguing he's going to be great or anything like that, all I've said is that we have a much more realistic shot at getting him than the others.

I didn't pin you on the opposite end of anything lol I disputed what you said about the Columbus OL that's it. I honestly don't care what people think about Parrish, just don't say his 1,800yd+ season was only because of his OL because if it was those linemen would be more sought after.

I got no beef with you bro, I just don't agree with the assessment of trying to give Columbus's OL more credit than they deserve lol. We good homie.

All good man--seems like more misunderstanding than anything else. Some strong hyperbole in your reading inferences into what I said (never said anything about his success being only due to his OL).

This is the full extent of what I said:

I like Parrish, but the measurables matter. Columbus clearly had a fantastic OL that opened up holes for him consistently.

I currently prefer 1-2 of the other options even though I'm sure the probability of getting them is lower. It's early in the cycle and I'm not ready to be all on board with what I perceive to be Plan B. Nonetheless, I do believe it's ultimately a success if we end up with Chaney and Parrish.

And yup Money, I watched those highlights from the playoffs and he flat out makes K. Washington looked awful in space, pretty much put the nail in Washington's coffin as a next level safety imo. LB all the way lol.

He also put a Deerfield safety on his *** with a cut during a long TD run. In the same game, he put his shoulder down and trucked Keyon Martin.

Advertisement
a, the or one of (not going to say which) the OL coaches at columbus is a very good friend of my son. by his own account they were pretty good, but not elite or special (cf WEZ). and in the state championship game they were crap. i watched them 4-5 times last year and confirm they were just OK

Total ******* bust too. Much like all the SFLA sellouts that rot in Gainesville.

I hate that kid as much as the next guy, and would never vouch for a gator, but you've got to call it how you see it.

He caught 131 passes over 4 years at that sewer in Alachua county and made $484k last year with the Lions.

Not sure you can say that's a total ******* bust. But that being said, **** that kid.

Advertisement
I hate that kid as much as the next guy, and would never vouch for a gator, but you've got to call it how you see it.

He caught 131 passes over 4 years at that sewer in Alachua county and made $484k last year with the Lions.

Not sure you can say that's a total ******* bust. But that being said, **** that kid.

Don’t forget, in High School, he was among the elite in SFLA. Kid was a bust compared to expectations. At Miami, he would have had a better career.

Watch this evolve into a bunch of cuck Canes fans rallying to tell us how great that rat fcking POS Powell was at that shythole in north Florida.

Definitely not my intention and I said twice, **** him, just saying you can't say he's a total bust. Although I was praying for him to fail entirely.

Watch this evolve into a bunch of cuck Canes fans rallying to tell us how great that rat fcking POS Powell was at that shythole in north Florida.
It also worked wonders for the Jordan's. Going to UF to play a RB is like going to FSU to play WR. You're going to be lucky to get drafted and never sign a second NFL contract.

Advertisement
Man this kid a baller. All those nerd measurables you people throw around aren’t the hold story. What this kid those between those lines makes up for his so called lack of measurables.

Does anybody else think Burns could develop into a solid fullback? Gray did well for us after making a similar transition. I know we have Realus, but I think Burns could make an impact at FB, too.

Advertisement
Does anybody else think Burns could develop into a solid fullback? Gray did well for us after making a similar transition. I know we have Realus, but I think Burns could make an impact at FB, too.

Lol, you mean like have the heart to block? Ya right

Advertisement
Back