Henry Parrish, 2020 RB

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Absolutely. I would love to steal bowman from the gators when its all said and done but I know its a longshot
Look like he’s learning there at the moment but it’s a long way from being over. Could see Clemson or uga making him a priority. **** even bama. Hope we get some traction with Knighton

You go after Bowman and Knighton before Parrish

Agreed they are both better RB recruits and worth some recruiting effort, but when do you cut bait on them and accept a commit from a kid like Parrish? I'm all for the staff shooting their shot with these recruits because of the talent, but I would hate to see us miss out on a guy like Parrish (or even Holmes if he's set on offense) because we kept him on the back-burner for too long waiting for one of these guys to tell us "thanks, but no thanks."

Knighton has said Miami is up there on the schools recruiting him hard, but he was previously an OU commit (supposedly they are still in his top 5) and he just named Clemson as his favorite. Not surprisingly for a Lakeland kid, Bowman named UiF the favorite. Maybe kicking in UiF's teeth Game 1 helps our chances, but it's more likely he's a 5-star from Central Florida who's getting a bag bigger than an @Paranos 's swimsuit model.

It's not like Lakeland and Deerfield kids have been knocking down the doors to play here the last decade. Personally, I don't think we have much of a chance with either Knighton or Bowman (especially not Bowman).

Advertisement
**** Henry Parrish ran an 11.61 in track recently? He really doesn’t seem like an 11.6 guy tbqh based on his film

**** Henry Parrish ran an 11.61 in track recently? He really doesn’t seem like an 11.6 guy tbqh based on his film

His PR is 11.09 as a sophomore and that’s what he plays like. He was recently injured so maybe he is working back into form.

Cristobal signed with Georgia State & Federico Maranges signed with FAU, that's it.

None of the others have offers & none of them 4-star OL's. And I'm not denying that they did a great job as an OL opening up holes, but to try to dismiss Parrish's productivity & give all the credit to the OL is completely unfair.

I know everybody might not like Parrish for their own reasons & that's fine, but people gotta cut that out saying his production was because of his OL, that's just not true.

2 FBS signees on a HS OL is nothing to sneeze at

Advertisement
Again, don't overthink this...get the first two from the top two tiers that want to commit and shut it down and move on and spend your time recruiting other positions.

No reason to chase Knighton when you can have a Parrish locked up and helping you make moves. No need to hunt down a Lakeland player in Bowman that has Florida on him heavy when you have Chaney already here and all-in.

Don't forget that Asa Martin will be playing for us in 2020 as a new player.

Wrap this cycle up with two local studs and move the F on.

Advertisement
Back