Henry Parrish, 2020 RB

Is he the type of kid that will genuinely consider UM or the kind that we will waste huge resources on all season before getting our hat thrown on the floor and told we really never had a chance and the kid “wanted to get away”? I feel like this needs to be a major part of the conversation with every South Florida kid going forward.

I’m sure Bogle and Stevenson were “genuinely considering” Miami... at least from the staffs perspective. Not sure how someone can make an accurate assessment on that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We need two at RB for next cycle as we have too many other needs. Heck, we might be taking 5 LB’s if Manny can find the right ones. But back to RB. Going into 2109 we have:
Deejay
Cam
Lin
Burns (a distant 4th)
Martin (will have to sit out)

Basically top three will get 95% of the touches. With Deejay being the only one departing after this season, there’s no need to sign 3 RB’s for the 2020 season. Chaney and whoever else. Just bring us more SPEED!

2020 RB roster:
Cam
Lin
Martin
Chaney
Burns
Add another name...

That’s not vision. That’s making people miss...and that’s a loss if it’s Northwestern, Carol City or any other powerhouse.

Are we recruiting guys to hit the hole fast, get north/south, and gain 15 yards or guys who are going to tape dance for 8? If that’s your definition of vision then I don’t know what to say because that’s not it.

This is why we don’t win football games. You guys are more concerned with making your roster look like the South Florida All Star B team than winning.

Havent watched their films yet, but Duke did a bunch of dancing in high school too, lots of successful east/west outruns or ankles taken before going upfield.

Havent watched their films yet, but Duke did a bunch of dancing in high school too, lots of successful east/west outruns or ankles taken before going upfield.
But Duke has world class speed, got north/south, and elite vision. He also had better competition. That guy was showing me pics making people miss vs. Belen and the first that popped into my head was of that was MNW or CC I would’ve been a negative play.

Last edited:
Advertisement
But Duke has world class speed, got north/south, and elite vision. He also had better competition. That guy was showing me pics making people miss vs. Belen and the first that popped into my head was of that was MNW or CC I would’ve been a negative play.
Columbus did play MNW last year and beat them. Parrish ran for 214 yards on 23 carries....

Parrish ran all over Palmetto in the playoffs and Columbus routed them. Who did Palmetto play the week before? Belen where Chaney was bottled up all game and Belen lost 45-7.

EDIT: Parrish ran for a 91 yard TD against MNW. Looks like they had 91 yards to catch him but didn’t 🤷🏻‍♂️

Advertisement
Columbus did play MNW last year and beat them. Parrish ran for 214 yards on 23 carries....

Parrish ran all over Palmetto in the playoffs and Columbus routed them. Who did Palmetto play the week before? Belen where Chaney was bottled up all game and Belen lost 45-7.

EDIT: Parrish ran for a 91 yard TD against MNW. Looks like they had 91 yards to catch him but didn’t 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ok. He’s still 170 pounds, running a lasered 4.66, and a horrible shuttle at 4.43...and he looks every bit of it.

I want Murphy from NYC to pair with Chaney.I like Knighton more than Parrish as well. But no its an uphill battle.
I think Murphy if we push will be a Cane fairly easily.

Murphy looks alot like Crowley from l2019 class. He has a bigger lower half though

Why not bring in Parrish as a APB. He’s not going to be any taller than 5’9 so put him all over the field. RB/WR/ST. Chaney and Murphy as your 2 backs and Parrish finds his place.

Advertisement
How does everyone feel about Caziah Holmes? AI just said he wants to play RB in college and US, Ohio Taint, and FSPoo are his leader. I think that’s the kill shot to him not being in this class unless he wants to be an ATH. Don’t see us recruiting him as a true RB. Sucks because I think the kid could be a great ambassador in the central FL area.

How does everyone feel about Caziah Holmes? AI just said he wants to play RB in college and US, Ohio Taint, and FSPoo are his leader. I think that’s the kill shot to him not being in this class unless he wants to be an ATH. Don’t see us recruiting him as a true RB. Sucks because I think the kid could be a great ambassador in the central FL area.
I think you give him a shot as a 3rd down guy and see if he can fill that Deejay Dallas do it all role. I honestly think his best position will be CB or the slot to a lesser extent.

Advertisement
Has there ever been a guy as highly regarded as Burns was as a HS sophomore who is now viewed as a total afterthought? Most people saw him as a 5 star talent at one point, and now he’s a good locker room/credit to the community/85th man on the roster type guy.

Lazy Face
Lance Leggett
Marcus Forston

Give me Kendall Milton.
Has there ever been a guy as highly regarded as Burns was as a HS sophomore who is now viewed as a total afterthought? Most people saw him as a 5 star talent at one point, and now he’s a good locker room/credit to the community/85th man on the roster type guy.

Written Feb 2014 (his freshmen year)
2017 Gulliver Prep RB Robert Burns:

This man-child freshman had the fourth-highest score of all the competitions on the day (99.69) and the best out of all running backs. Burns really opened some eyes today after recently earning offers from the likes of Ohio State, West Virginia, and Cincinnati. His biggest feat of the day was throwing the power ball 38-feet while nursing a broken thumb. A true competitor.

“An event like SPARQ just really shows you how good you really aren’t,” said Burns. “You may be ranked however much in the nation but being out here with all these competitors, just shows me how good I’m not.”

He bested that his sophmore with a SPARQ score of 122.

Hope he has a breakout game this year.

No one ever what happens to some kids when they get to college.
I ran into Gus the bus’s high school coach shortly after cmr got here. He told me that there is no way Gus wouldn’t be a starter cause he’s too big and too fast. I couldn’t believe he wasn’t even number 2.
But we all took cmr and browns word but he’s played pretty well in the nfl this year.
Word was that burns was killing it in practice. But our coaches get the benefit of the doubt cause of gurly and the rest.
We will see what the new offensive staff does. If a kid can go 100 in practice then he should be Game eligible. The medical staff cleared him to be 225 so Burns’s foot should be fine. As far as potential, burns had the highest imo. But potential is just a word.
We potentially have a 3 headed monster. Problem is no one knows who they will be.
Will they slim Dallas a few pounds? Will he beat out Harris? Will burns finally be the man child that he looked to be? Will lo really be the best back since Willis?

Advertisement
Back