Henry Parrish, 2020 RB

exactly why we shouldn’t rush to fill the second spot unless it’s knighton imo. I know it’s deerfield but he’s visited 2 times in the last month including a random weekday visit on Miami’s 2nd practice so it must mean legit interest right?

Don’t know how true it is but saw on FSU board they said luke(I’m guessing stampini from UF site( apparently said Knighton went up to Clemson to commit earlier this year but they didn’t take him so I could see them falling back for sure especially since they are all in on bowman

Wow a kid with the play ability of Knighton getting slow rolled by Clemson? Why would they do that? Shouldn’t they try and sign both Bowman and Knighton? I don’t know recruiting like you guys do so any thoughts would be appreciated.

Advertisement
Wow a kid with the play ability of Knighton getting slow rolled by Clemson? Why would they do that? Shouldn’t they try and sign both Bowman and Knighton? I don’t know recruiting like you guys do so any thoughts would be appreciated.

They usually sign small classes and they took 2 RBs last class. I don’t know how many backs they want this cycle, but it could very well be that they’re prioritizing Bowman over Knighton at the moment if they’re OK just taking 1, with that 1 being Bowman.

I would take all 3 and in 2020 your looking at -

Cam'ron Harris - JR.
Lorenzo Lingard - JR.
Asa Martin - JR.
Don Cheney - FR.
Henry Parrish - FR.
Jalan Knighton - FR.

Deejay Dallas - Declares
Robert Burns - Moves to FB or Transfers

And that my friend is how you stack chips! Although I’m not of the belief we get all 3. I think it will be Chaney plus Parrish or Knighton.

They usually sign small classes and they took 2 RBs last class. I don’t know how many backs they want this cycle, but it could very well be that they’re prioritizing Bowman over Knighton at the moment if they’re OK just taking 1, with that 1 being Bowman.

Gotcha, thanks mate. They always seem to take low numbered classes or most years it seems anyways. Wonder why that’s the case? Do they get kids to stay longer than most other schools? I know the defensive line guys stayed for their Senior seasons but was wondering about their other positions too.

Think it’s clear UM wants Knighton and Chaney.
View attachment 82712

I like what he had to say but not the part that it appears we are slow rolling Parrish. This must mean then that Knighton is potentially committing to the U which would then mean we try to sell Parrish on DB and touching the ball via PR/KR/Harvin esq offensive plays?

Advertisement
Here's the list from their board as of this morning. I am sure there will be more. They are thinking Davis may commit this weekend, too.

5-star QB DJ Uiagalelei (arrives on campus on Wednesday for a four-night visit)
5-star DE Bryan Bresee
5-star RB Demarkcus Bowman
4-star CB Fred Davis
4-star LB Antoine Sampah
4-star WR EJ Williams
4-star RB Daniyel Ngata
4-star DB Henry Gray
4-star DB Ladarius Tennison
3-star DB Jalen Harrell
3-star DT Clyde Pinder
2021 4-star DE Landyn Watson
2021 4-star DE. JC Latham
2021 WR Agiye Hall
*** 5-star WR Rakim Jarrett, 5-star DE Jordan Burch, and 4-star S R.J. Mickens are tentatively on the list as well.

****, aren’t several on that list kids we’re after, or have committed like Sampah, Davis, Tennison, Harrell, and Pinder? Any chance any of them commit over the weekend or these just regular visits?

Top 2 guys on their board is Bowman and Ngata, with Bowman #1 on their board. Both will visit them this weekend. Ngata’s brother signed with them last year. I read somewhere that they have another guy ahead of Knighton but can’t remember his name. That may or may not be true.

If both guys commit this weekend they will be full at RB and it should provide us some more clarity with Knighton. Either way he won’t be a lock and we will still need to battle some other teams for him.

****, aren’t several on that list kids we’re after, or have committed like Sampah, Davis, Tennison, Harrell, and Pinder? Any chance any of them commit over the weekend or these just regular visits?

Bowman, Davis and Ngata are on commit watch this weekend. Not sure Tennison is a take for them yet. Most fans on their board don’t seem to think he is and they have a good chance with a few guys rated higher than him.

Not sure if any of the others are on commit watch.

Top 2 guys on their board is Bowman and Ngata, with Bowman #1 on their board. Both will visit them this weekend. Ngata’s brother signed with them last year. I read somewhere that they have another guy ahead of Knighton but can’t remember his name. That may or may not be true.

If both guys commit this weekend they will be full at RB and it should provide us some more clarity with Knighton. Either way he won’t be a lock and we will still need to battle some other teams for him.

@TRick72, thanks for the 411 mate I seriously didn’t know they had Ngata looking at them along with Bowman. Still, that’s a situation of the rich getter richer but could land us Holmes, Knighton, and/or Parrish on our team so I’m good with the fact they’ve slow played him recently. Just means more options for our Canes to stack chips at a position we should absolutely be stacked at no matter what.

Advertisement
Bowman, Davis and Ngata are on commit watch this weekend. Not sure Tennison is a take for them yet. Most fans on their board don’t seem to think he is and they have a good chance with a few guys rated higher than him.

Not sure if any of the others are on commit watch.

Thanks again mate, so sounds like we will be ok then given who we have committed against who all is going up to Clemson for their Spring game. I’m hoping we bring in a haul of athletes similar to what the Tigers are figuring will be at their game when ours starts on 4/20.

I think some of y'all are forgetting we have Chaney already at RB, even if we miss on Knighton and Holmes and Parrish walks how are we going to be "left with nothing/holding our ****s" when the best player in our class plays RB?? We already have an elite RB in the class, we are already stacking chips. Take a shot at some more potentially elite players and see if the new RB coach can recruit. If we end up with only Chaney at RB in this class that's an A for RB.

Give me knight over Parrish if we get super tight on numbers

Chaney is a for sure (duh)
And Holmes should be too as an ATH just tell him he will be used like DJ with more flexibility in the slot and coming out of the backfield

This is exactly what has been said on their 247 board by their mods. Bowman is top priority. They know they lose one guy next yea for sure. The assumption is they will lose Etienne, too. That's why they are considering taking 2, depending on who they are.

Advertisement
I think some of y'all are forgetting we have Chaney already at RB, even if we miss on Knighton and Holmes and Parrish walks how are we going to be "left with nothing/holding our ****s" when the best player in our class plays RB?? We already have an elite RB in the class, we are already stacking chips. Take a shot at some more potentially elite players and see if the new RB coach can recruit. If we end up with only Chaney at RB in this class that's an A for RB.

Wow, would ya look at that? Some common sense. Crazy stuff.

I would take all 3 and in 2020 your looking at -

Cam'ron Harris - JR.
Lorenzo Lingard - JR.
Asa Martin - JR.
Don Cheney - FR.
Henry Parrish - FR.
Jalan Knighton - FR.

Deejay Dallas - Declares
Robert Burns - Moves to FB or Transfers

Asa Martin will be a RS Soph next year

Sounds like he is ready to commit to Pitt

Per the article
What’s next for Parrish and did he consider committing to Pitt?
”I have an official visit scheduled to Florida State next. I did think about committing to Pitt before I left but I think I needed to go home first and think, we’ll see.”

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back