Henry Gray

Saw him and his mom at Sawgrass mall last week shopping both of them DECKED out in Canes gear.

Me: (not knowing who he was) I see we got some canes fans. You play football?

Gray: I’m committed to Miami I go to central.

Me: ok ok good job. I’m gonna be following you. Keep up your grades, grind and do your thing young man.

Gray: thanks (as Mom smiles)

Fast forward 15 mins later they’re in another store with me and he’s visibly upset about her not getting something.

I make my way over to Mom

Me: “Get him what he wants, 5/6 years from now he’ll be taking you shopping telling you no lol”

Mom: *laughs and says* he better but this boy here as she shakes her head and smiles

Me: just make sure he stays home.

Mom: He will

I walk out google him, see he’s a 4 Star and explain to my girl all he has to do is keep his grades up, work hard at Miami and he can be making millions in a few years

Honest encounter.

Advertisement
Just FYI...teams can provide tickets but they are not allowed any contact with the recruits or their families.

No worries Little Nicky Satan has pinkie promised to strictly adhere to that rule. Crosses his heart hopes to die promise.

Saw him and his mom at Sawgrass mall last week shopping both of them DECKED out in Canes gear.

Me: ok ok good job. I’m gonna be following you. Keep up your grades, grind and do your thing young man.

Fast forward 15 mins later they’re in another store with me and he’s visibly upset about her not getting something.

Me: “Get him what he wants, 5/6 years from now he’ll be taking you shopping telling you no lol”

Mom: *laughs and says* he better but this boy here as she shakes her head and smiles

I walk out google him, see he’s a 4 Star and explain to my girl all he has to do is keep his grades up, work hard at Miami and he can be making millions in a few years

Honest encounter.
Awesome story! However, if you were a SEC fan you would have paid for whatever he wanted, plus a few more goodies and on the way out give Mom the keys to your brand new car with a big smile and a big Thanks for committing to us!. That is the difference!

Advertisement
He’s just going to watch the game lol Louisville knows they not getting him.

Can’t understand how we don’t have any independent millionaire fans that won’t break these kids off something. Blows my mind.

FWIW a bunch of our target recruits are up in Orlando for that game. I have seen posts about it all day

Advertisement

Honest encounter.
Shoulda bought him that **** lol I’m just joking! Good story and I hope he’s all Miami because he’s very good

Advertisement
Back