Henry Gray

htownkidd

Freshman
Premium
?
From OSU Mod

“I would expect to see Gray on campus at Ohio State before the end of summer, and things should take off from there. Meyer and the Buckeyes know they have a great shot at this kid, and the staff sees him as a top-of-the-board type of cornerback.

Going off what I was told about Gray and Ohio State, I have placed a 247 Crystal Ball forecast for the Buckeyes to flip Gray from the Canes.”

Ohio State has their eye on one of the top 2020 cornerback prospects in the country.

He also posted..
“Really think Ohio State is the clear leader for this kid after talking to my guys down in Miami.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
That guy is by far the worst of Ohio St's writers, and he hates Miami. And I mean hates.

I'm not really worried about a Dade kid going to OSU. FSU is probably the team to worry about here

Advertisement
Gray isn’t Rumph, that’s Dade so I’m pretty sure it’s Diaz. Still, we cannot let this kid sign with ******* OSU. The top corner down here for ‘20, cannot choose Columbus over us. I don’t care how many CB’s they pump out in the 1st round year after year.

Good. We should put Rumph in charge of Monroe county. Even he couldn't **** that up.

Gray isn’t Rumph, that’s Dade so I’m pretty sure it’s Diaz. Still, we cannot let this kid sign with ******* OSU. The top corner down here for ‘20, cannot choose Columbus over us. I don’t care how many CB’s they pump out in the 1st round year after year.
Rumph is his recruiter, it might say on 247 Diaz, but Diaz recruits all regions for LB's, he was just in PB yesterday at the Spring extravaganza games.

Our CB's are mostly recruited by Rumph, Banda & DVD (he can't visit them but does contact them regularly).

Rumph visited the kid on the 17th, no wonder this kid is now trending to OSU. I love Mike Rumph the player and even as a positional coach he's OK, but as a recruiter - he might be the worst person we've ever had on our staff.

Advertisement
Quote from Henry Gray after he committed on 3/31, interview with Adams:

“I was excited. I talked to all the coaches at once,” Gray said on his big moment. “They told me I was gonna be the centerpiece of the class. It was crazy, coach Diaz was yelling the whole time. Coach Rumph, he was recruiting me back when I was at Miramar, he was excited. I just met coach Banda today, he’s real cool.”

Gray screams of a kid that doesn’t end up here. Look at all his interviews it seems like he looks at Miami as a placeholder.

Advertisement
Quote from Henry Gray after he committed on 3/31, interview with Adams:

“I was excited. I talked to all the coaches at once,” Gray said on his big moment. “They told me I was gonna be the centerpiece of the class. It was crazy, coach Diaz was yelling the whole time. Coach Rumph, he was recruiting me back when I was at Miramar, he was excited. I just met coach Banda today, he’s real cool.”

I stand corrected. I was under the impression that Rumph just recruits Lauderdale. Now of course he has his hands in all CB recruiting but I meant as far as their PRIMARY guy. But fait enough, this isn't a good look for him then ..

I stand corrected. I was under the impression that Rumph just recruits Lauderdale. Now of course he has his hands in all CB recruiting but I meant as far as their PRIMARY guy. But fait enough, this isn't a good look for him then ..
It varies from prospect to prospect, yes the staff does recruit specific areas, but that mostly has to do with Offers.

For instance, with Nigel Bethel he was mainly recruited by Coach Brown & Banda, but Banda's specific region is Palm Beach. Diaz & Banda were the two coaches who recruited & contacted Gurvall Hall the most, Rumph & Banda for Frierson, Ivey & Blades. Sometimes the coaches visit prospects together & sometimes they go solo, it just depends on the prospect. But it's all a collective effort.

If no Stevenson this cycle I would be open to bringing in a better DB recruiter and coach. Was going to suggest T. Rob until I saw he was also the DC.

If no Stevenson this cycle I would be open to bringing in a better DB recruiter and coach. Was going to suggest T. Rob until I saw he was also the DC.

He’s not truly the DC. Just in title. I think we’d be able to get him easily. Who the **** wants to live and work in Columbia SC?

Advertisement
Back