Hello Canes

What's your stadium atmosphere like. Last year all App St. fans wanted to talk about was how everyone was going to be at the game and it was going to be one of the loudest stadiums we'd play in.

How amped are Ark St. fans for this game?

they r really amped ive talked to some fans and its supposed to be packes, loud, and the fans will be crazy

Advertisement
What's your stadium atmosphere like. Last year all App St. fans wanted to talk about was how everyone was going to be at the game and it was going to be one of the loudest stadiums we'd play in.

How amped are Ark St. fans for this game?

Okay, so here's the issues we have.

1) Back when we could barely get 1000 folks in the stadium (in the days where we would lose to FCS teams on homecoming), there were a ton of free ticket giveaways. That practice continued until the last couple years, and there are some who have been coming on free tickets for years and won't come until they're given some. In 2015 we hosted Mizzou, a nice regional game, and we priced ourselves out of a sellout. This time, we're working towards a sellout and we're pretty close from what I can tell.

2) We are routinely told we are one of the best atmospheres in the SBC (I know, like being the best Philly Cheesesteak in Iraq) and routinely are in the tops in terms of percentage of sellout crowds in the G5. We will be loud (as possible) and there are some things (that if our gameday operation is in sync) are pretty cool.

3) Definitely more amped after the Nebraska game. If we had gone up there and gotten smashed, then there wouldn't be much pop for this matchup other than The U brand, now, we can sell that we played a P5 within a fingertip or few calls from winning. It's created not only a sense of excitement for the game, but also a possible hope in an upset.

Again, just like I said with Nebraska, I could see any outcome but an AState blowout win. That said, it would require a ton of good luck and bad Miami play to justify a lot of those views, and I'm aware of that.

More than likely, there are three ways this gets going:

1) Canes come out and smack us in the mouth, and we get some scores late, in which case the 48-20 or 41-17 looks would definitely be in line.

2) We can keep it close for about 2.5 quarters before the depth of talent on UM sideline makes us wish they would have brought 20 less folks. In that case it could 35-17ish.

3) Canes smack us in the mouth AND keep it up...in which case I'll stay to the end, but won't be particularly happy about it...45-10ish

or we suck and lose lol that is definitely an option

I just don't see it without a 3-pick and fumble day from the QB, a ST TD for us, and probably a huge day from our QB/WRs/TE

How do you and your fan base in general feel about Gus Malzahn?

There is still a nice pocket of fans who will say they hope he and Auburn loses every game. Most understand how things go.

I for one, understand he was planning on getting the biggest job he could, and Auburn (where he was familiar and popular from the 2010 NCG win) was the perfect storm for him.

We ran into that three times in a row where our coaches had an in at a place where they were well liked. (Freeze-Ole Miss, Malzahn-Auburn, Harsin-Boise)

Advertisement
Your fans were saying that you can stop our front 7 easily. They said nebraska had a great front 7 and miamis isn't much better.

I had to pull out stats miamis dline is number 5 nationally miamis linebackers is number 9 nationally when nebraska doesn't have either position in the top 50 lol.

heres the link for their ignorance i have the same name on this forum

Va Tech-WVU

god **** Fanof49ASU said ACC doesn't have the type of talent as SEC

straight ignorance this ****es me off

Thanks for posting and attempting to talk football here. It's like the bar in Star Wars, but all things considered it usually goes worse for the visiting poster.

The thing some of the youngsters here don't understand is that sometimes the underdog wins. Not that I expect that this game but. . .

Serious question, I come in peace.

If Hurricane Irma does keep coming towards Miami I'm putting up the shutters and heading up to Jonesboro for the game. Recommendations on the best places to eat and things to do in the closest big cities would be appreciated. I've got two young kids so things they'd like would be great.

I saw Memphis isn't too far away. Also, any recommendations on where to stay would be appreciated as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
How do I get drunk at your stadium?

Can I bring a backpack inside? Water bottles?

Advertisement
Took at few undergrad courses at the Bebee campus when I was stationed at LRAFB. Was hoping I could make this one but its not in the cards, going to have to settle for flying to Miami for the Domers game instead. Other than hoping we steamroll you by 70, I hope hosting the Canes is a good experience for Jonesboro.

hope y'all have a wonderful game!

Your act is not funny at all.
Take that nonsense to another board.

Your act is not funny at all. Take it to another board pal.

Thanks for editing your original post, which was lame and uncalled for and
don't try too hard at being funny because that is not your calling.

Leave talking shop to the big boys.

Take your unchecked anger issues somewhere else buddy, your schtick is tired.

Advertisement
bojo,
What would you consider to be the strength of this year's team?
Am I right to assume that fundamental tackling might be an area for improvement?
Since you've been a fan of the program, what has been Arkansas State's biggest win?
Thank you, and apologies for my limited knowledge of ASU

Your fans were saying that you can stop our front 7 easily. They said nebraska had a great front 7 and miamis isn't much better.

I had to pull out stats miamis dline is number 5 nationally miamis linebackers is number 9 nationally when nebraska doesn't have either position in the top 50 lol.

All I can say is you're not hearing it from me and definitely not hearing it from our coaches. They said that last week's game was "winnable" all offseason. This game that word or anything like it has NEVER come out of their mouths.

How do I get drunk at your stadium?

Can I bring a backpack inside? Water bottles?

We live in a damp county, by that, there are plenty of places just over the county line to go get your alcohol. Once you're on site, keep it in a cup and don't get too rowdy and you'll be fine. In the stadium, it's a whole other story. Enjoy the concessions (Catfish on the visitors' side), but no alcohol.

Advertisement
Back