Hello Canes

Again, just like I said with Nebraska, I could see any outcome but an AState blowout win. That said, it would require a ton of good luck and bad Miami play to justify a lot of those views, and I'm aware of that.

More than likely, there are three ways this gets going:

1) Canes come out and smack us in the mouth, and we get some scores late, in which case the 48-20 or 41-17 looks would definitely be in line.

2) We can keep it close for about 2.5 quarters before the depth of talent on UM sideline makes us wish they would have brought 20 less folks. In that case it could 35-17ish.

3) Canes smack us in the mouth AND keep it up...in which case I'll stay to the end, but won't be particularly happy about it...45-10ish

Not to bash your team, but The only way I see us losing is if we turn the ball over like 4 times.

Advertisement
bojo,
What would you consider to be the strength of this year's team?
Am I right to assume that fundamental tackling might be an area for improvement?
Since you've been a fan of the program, what has been Arkansas State's biggest win?
Thank you, and apologies for my limited knowledge of ASU

Biggest win is a debatable topic. We have two top-25 wins in our time as D-1 team. Kent State was #25 in a bowl game, and last year Troy reached #25 in the AP poll. Otherwise, 1975, winning at Louisiana Tech to go undefeated (that team didn't go to a bowl game and led to the instituting of the Independence Bowl), or in 2008, after changing our name from the Indians (who we played The U as when Edgerrin James was a Cane) to the Red Wolves, we went into Kyle Field in College Station and beat A&M 18-14.

Strongest part of our team? Before the Nebraska game I would have said the DL, and they didn't have a bad game, but we sort of expected more. The good news is that a couple of DTs that saw very limited action at Nebraska due to some minor injuries, should be better by Saturday. We also have a DE who is 13.5 sacks away from tying the FBS career sack record.

After the game, even with the 10 drops our receivers had, they have to be a bright point for our team. We've got size, some speed, and some quickness. Even have a couple Florida boys out there in Kendrick Edwards and Chris Murray. I know that we'll have our hands full, but I'm interested to see how that group does against a really athletic bunch of Canes. If they have some success, it bodes well for the rest of the year.

I was worried about tackling when they didn't go in pads the week of the game. Last year for fall camp they were very lax on hitting trying to preserve the depth they felt they had. It showed for the first four games. I'm hoping that we bring back some of the physicality before this game, even if we can't simulate the speed of the Canes.

SIAP, but where is the best place to tailgate? Also I should be getting there around 10, which only gives me a few hours. Will I be able to find a spot to get some cold ones in me?

SIAP, but where is the best place to tailgate? Also I should be getting there around 10, which only gives me a few hours. Will I be able to find a spot to get some cold ones in me?

Have to grab them before you get to Jonesboro, and if you're coming in from Memphis the last place is small town called Trumann that has decent gas station selection. Gates will probably open at 1:00. If you're looking at the outlay of the area, usually, around the baseball field is pretty good, you'll see visitors and home fans alike. Again, we've never hosted a team like this so no clue how crazy it'll get. I'll probably show up around 8:00. We're pretty laid back.

Advertisement
Back