Heard getting yearby in wasn't exactly a walk in the park...

and through no fault of his...UM better tighten up for August, or we may have more casualties...need to start catering to these kids a little more, and coaches/team admin need to start managing player expectations better if the school's gonna be a clusterphuck pain in the ***

So where was the non issue with Guys like berrios Harris young and KC?

Maybe you can shed a little more light on the Yearby situation.

Was he thinking of leaving Um?

Well FWIW, all those guys came from different High Schools, Young and Barrios from different states altogether. If it was an administrative f*ck up over the HS not sending the transcript, or the kid not properly requesting his transcript, and maybe UM didnt catch it in time, or make sure they kids had done this, then it would explain the potential disaster that could have ensued.

Advertisement
Not all parks are easy to walk through. A lot of them that are in major cities. You will find that you can get shot, stabbed, or even raped.

Not all parks are easy to walk through. A lot of them that are in major cities. You will find that you can get shot, stabbed, or even raped.

75% of Law & Order episodes begin with a shooting in Riverside Park.

Won't lose any recruits over it in August. They will all have already signed. It's just an issue for the early enrollees.

Not true. We lost a stud local RB, Washington, in one August because of our specifics & Admissions policy. So, he just took his transcripts and scores to another rival and suited up for them... Powell could have been the same case, but no one knows the real truth there, and this stuff now is all conjecture.

Transcripts.

The senior running back committed toMiami before his last season and when he started the week, he expected to be a Hurricane.
“It’s been crazy,” Powell said.
“I planned on going to school Wednesday. I woke up Wednesday morning planning to go to Miami, but they pushed the day back to Friday. Wednesday, that’s whenFlorida offered.”
It was a matter of moments that made the difference.
“It was like right after I got off the phone (with Miami), (Will Muschamp) called, and that was it. He called my head coach and then I talked to him, he told me to come to the school,” Powell said.

from scout

I supposed that UM admin expedited the Yearby situation, otherwise if he'd go back home who knows what the coaching staff would expect that could happen, a la Powell. Registering is like NSD documenting for early enrollees; until you're on campus and the school gets your registration, you're still a free soul able to fly anywhere else. Glad they made the Yearby entry into the U work in a timely manner without unnecessary kinks and delay.

Advertisement
I've heard several places it was admin issues and that it's what f*cked up the Powell situation or at least exacerbated it. Some with more insight that I have have said that its being addressed so hopefully this will get fixed ASAP.

I refuse to subject myself to the Powell thread. But I'm with you here.

Advertisement
If true, then very very interesting considering there were no issues with Young. If I remember correctly one of the main reasons we stole Young and he is a steal, was because many of the SEC schools held off because the kid had academic casualty written all over him. Al and the staff took a chance on him and it paid off, young stayed loyal and never wavered. This was reported on here in the summer and what I got from a UGA guy who thought we got steals in Young, Herndon, and Owens also way back in the summer. So if Yearby had issues and Young didn't, that sounds like a HS school issue.....

Sounds like we need either turnover of the academic compliance office or to add to that staff imo. If Florida got Powell in so easily it is either because they have a better office in this area or a bigger office.

Sounds like we need either turnover of the academic compliance office or to add to that staff imo. If Florida got Powell in so easily it is either because they have a better office in this area or a bigger office.

Not to claim I have any great insight to where the problem really lies, but based on everything I heard, this sounds like the main culprit, and I have heard some scuttlebut that some changes are being made to try to avoid this going forward.

Advertisement
what the ******* pep talk and post and agreement on violations when **** posts like this get ignored.......he is in STFU

All that matters is that he is in.

Not to many of these porsters.

What a dumb thing to say. Just because we don't like Golden doesn't mean we hope that elite recruits don't get admitted.

Your negative attitude toward Golden is not helping us get elite recruits. Many of them read these boards and you all are stirring up negative thoughts about a coach they will be playing for.

The thing I think is even more hilarious is you all think your opinion matters to the administration about Golden. The board of trustees do not read these boards.

The only ones you are hurting is yourself by negatively effecting recruits.

I would say boycott games to show the administration you are upset but you all don't go to games anyway.

You all are just Internet bullies or Trolls, so which one is it?

This here cracks me up.

If you want to be a blind homer supporting our administration and coaches, that is fine. That is your right, but be prepared to root for a mediocre football program which might never win another national championship or even play for it. If you're ok with that, then that's the difference between you, and those fans you call bullies or trolls.

I'm not sure how familiar you are to message boards and social media in general, but UM is not an exception to coach bashing and negativity. It's funny to think recruits don't understand this, but keep pounding away at the company line. The fact you think having a positive message board to help land recruits just shows how off base most you guys really are. What a reach.

What I do notice are fans who blindly support our program and bash the kids on social media because they chose another school. Which is detrimental. I think what is happening is that recruits aren't as deaf, dumb, and blind as some of our very own fans.

As far as trying to uphold a false perception of our program for recruits to admire, that too is detrimental. Landing recruits to only see them not develop, and play in a terrible scheme, with under achieving coaches.......how exactly does that help them AND our program?

How about the administration and staff actually do something worth praising, so we don't have to fake it around here.

So call me a bully and a troll, but you're doing more damage to this program than me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
RUH-ROH

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 2m
I reported yesterday Miami Central RB Joe Yearby was expected to enroll today. He has yet to do so. Instagrammed a pic of a UM dorm, though.

FWIW he's still not on the official roster list and the other guys are. Someone please ease my anxiety but letting me know he is at least on campus.

Advertisement
Back