Off-Topic Heard a quote...will cause dissention I'm sure....

Advertisement
Well, its rhythm based on the music. And men are more strength oriented, whilst women arent.
Yes I understand how it works. MAGs spend their time learning 2 additional events and they are still better than females in the events that are actually similar. If they stopped learning those 2 additional events and dedicated their time to learn to dance. They would beat the women easily. Simone could have spent her entire life learning the 6 events and would never do schit in the male Olympics. You are delusional if you don't think Kyle Shewfelt, having trained from birth to compete in WAG wouldn't have the best FX routine in womens.

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN
That’s the smile poons look for 😂😂

Equestrian Sports come to mind, and maybe badminton and table tennis. Also I would think anything where flexibility was a large factor would also qualify.

Also, why was this thread started? Seems a bit unnecessary, but I guess it is off-season.

Advertisement
That has nothing to do with the original quote. By this guys definition gymnastics is a sport, since the best women are not as good as the best men. I can't think of a single spot, even down to chess, where women are as good as men. What the guy is saying(I don't necessarily agree with the way he said it) is that things that women are just as good as men at, like knitting or cooking are not sports.

Cooking?

It's not called Girl's Grocery Games, Pal.

It's GUY.

Cooking is a sport.

Heres a suggestion:

Its still a sport but someone is better due to biological advantages.

Thats a heck of a lot better, 250x less sexist and doesn't make anyone look like a massive douche. Sounds good? Good.

Or I tell you to do what she is doing. If you can't do it, stfu about what she is doing isn't a sport.

I think you're totally discounting the value and enjoyment that comes with the occasional massive douche post. I try to work in one a month.

Circle back with me in June for our next interaction. :troll-slap:

Advertisement
Equestrian Sports come to mind, and maybe badminton and table tennis. Also I would think anything where flexibility was a large factor would also qualify.

Also, why was this thread started? Seems a bit unnecessary, but I guess it is off-season.
I have no idea about equestrian sports, since I don't know what sort of traits are required for those sports. So can't speak on that, but I would be very surprised if guys didn't dominate in badminton/table tennis.

That has nothing to do with the original quote. By this guys definition gymnastics is a sport, since the best women are not as good as the best men. I can't think of a single spot, even down to chess, where women are as good as men. What the guy is saying(I don't necessarily agree with the way he said it) is that things that women are just as good as men at, like knitting or cooking are not sports.
I think like 18 or 19 of the 20 most Michelin starred chefs in the world are men, sport!

I think like 18 or 19 of the 20 most Michelin starred chefs in the world are men, sport!
No question that men are better cooks, BUT is that because of genetic differences. If women started going to chef schools, get mentored at a similar rate, etc. Would they be able to cook as good as men? I have no idea, I am not into cooking myself, but that is the crux of this argument.

If girls had all the same societal advantages of men in a sport, would they be able to compete with men? And the answer is no. They would still get destroyed, even if they had the same training.

Cheerleading? Wouldn't it be a matter of perspective? There is something to be said about dude cheerleaders. I prefer a woman's figure to be a cheer leader.

Female vs Male Sprinters . . . If you are the best in each category, how could you compare the two? Top man beats top woman. We agree. If top female beat second female by whatever a blowout is in the sport compared to a photo finish too close to call on the men's side, what seems more impressive?

Advertisement
No question that men are better cooks, BUT is that because of genetic differences. If women started going to chef schools, get mentored at a similar rate, etc. Would they be able to cook as good as men? I have no idea, I am not into cooking myself, but that is the crux of this argument.

If girls had all the same societal advantages of men in a sport, would they be able to compete with men? And the answer is no. They would still get destroyed, even if they had the same training.
Men are better than women at just about everything that is measurable and quantifiable - that which you can time with a watch, weigh or even measure logically. But any man with a wife and children know that women are much better at things that are intangible - that being said I still question whether women's suffrage was a good idea.

Men are better than women at just about everything that is measurable and quantifiable - that which you can time with a watch, weigh or even measure logically. But any man with a wife and children know that women are much better at things that are intangible - that being said I still question whether women's suffrage was a good idea.
Yup, that is basically what OP was saying. Since men are better at all sports. Any "sport" in which women are as good at as men, aren't actually sports. I agree with him, since after all the posts, no one has found a sport that women are as good as men at. I think he should have worded it better to not offend everyone, but the point is correct.

As far as womens suffrage though. I am a big fan of it myself. 🤷‍♀️

Yup, that is basically what OP was saying. Since men are better at all sports. Any "sport" in which women are as good at as men, aren't actually sports. I agree with him, since after all the posts, no one has found a sport that women are as good as men at. I think he should have worded it better to not offend everyone, but the point is correct.

As far as womens suffrage though. I am a big fan of it myself. 🤷‍♀️
Twas a fair idea at least...

Advertisement
Yessir....I've chefed with some excellent women Chefs....but nowhere in the same Universe as men....Men are much better waiters than women are waitresses...that's why 95% of upper class restaurants have waiters....including 99% of Maitre D's being Men....

Yessir....I've chefed with some excellent women Chefs....but nowhere in the same Universe as men....Men are much better waiters than women are waitresses...that's why 95% of upper class restaurants have waiters....including 99% of Maitre D's being Men....
That is crazy because you are 100% right, but I never noticed it myself. Diners and cheap places always have waitresses and fancy places always have waiters.

That is crazy because you are 100% right, but I never noticed it myself. Diners and cheap places always have waitresses and fancy places always have waiters.
Waiters knock it outta the ballpark with the Lady customers....especially if they're European...They also don't get as flustered as women in the kitchen, in ref to their orders. Waitresses are a pain in the *** in the kitchen most of the time. Alot of 3* and up restaurants have a runner system. The Waiter takes the order....and other waiters will run the food out. The Maitre D's job is to oversee the entire front of the house...and to also prepare the tableside meals (Caesar Salad....Chateaubriand...Bananas Foster...etc...)
He also has a broad understanding of the Wine selections, and what type of food to pair it with.

Waiters knock it outta the ballpark with the Lady customers....especially if they're European...They also don't get as flustered as women in the kitchen, in ref to their orders. Waitresses are a pain in the *** in the kitchen most of the time. Alot of 3* and up restaurants have a runner system. The Waiter takes the order....and other waiters will run the food out. The Maitre D's job is to oversee the entire front of the house...and to also prepare the tableside meals (Caesar Salad....Chateaubriand...Bananas Foster...etc...)
He also has a broad understanding of the Wine selections, and what type of food to pair it with.
They also, for the most part, don't get b1tchy with the customers if you "offend them". I have had a lot of waitresses at cheap places start getting b1tchy. Never had that happen at a fancy place.

Advertisement
Back