Off-Topic Heard a quote...will cause dissention I'm sure....

Advertisement
Is ___________ a sport?

"Anything a woman can do equally as well as a man is not a sport."
Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Speaking of things not being sports....Let's start by eliminating most of the Winter Olympics.....

Advertisement
Seems poorly worded. Are they trying to **** on judged athletics?
I see this argument. But I’d say gymnastics and figure skating then men are faster and jump higher which makes them better.

Diving may be the one. Which I feel is a sport.

I see this argument. But I’d say gymnastics and figure skating then men are faster and jump higher which makes them better.

Diving may be the one. Which I feel is a sport.
There are plenty of judged athletics that aren't based on absolutes like "jumping higher". They're far more technical in nature.

Advertisement
Heres a suggestion:

Its still a sport but someone is better due to biological advantages.

Thats a heck of a lot better, 250x less sexist and doesn't make anyone look like a massive douche. Sounds good? Good.

Tell her to get on the rings and I'll agree its a sport.

View attachment 185705
Or I tell you to do what she is doing. If you can't do it, stfu about what she is doing isn't a sport.

People call things “not a sport” bc they don’t understand it, can’t do it themselves, or they think it’s too boring to play or watch. The entire argument is literally just everyone’s opinion.

No way . . . how can we see this so clearly and be in such agreement, but . . . differ so much on other issues:)

Can the boys of summer step to the plate for fast pitch softball and find some level of success?

Tell Simone Biles what she is doing is not a sport.
That has nothing to do with the original quote. By this guys definition gymnastics is a sport, since the best women are not as good as the best men. I can't think of a single spot, even down to chess, where women are as good as men. What the guy is saying(I don't necessarily agree with the way he said it) is that things that women are just as good as men at, like knitting or cooking are not sports.

Advertisement
That has nothing to do with the original quote. By this guys definition gymnastics is a sport, since the best women are not as good as the best men. I can't think of a single spot, even down to chess, where women are as good as men. What the guy is saying(I don't necessarily agree with the way he said it) is that things that women are just as good as men at, like knitting or cooking are not sports.
Mens vs womens gymnastics is different, especially on the floor, where Biles excells.

Its just stupid to say something like the quote.

Advertisement
Back