Hear me out

Advertisement
Okay, last reply to myself... I don’t think any of this is happening. Do not underestimate Manny’s ability to lose to GT or Duke or VT or FSU.
If we win next week I think we roll to 8-4. By the time we face VT they could have an interim head coach. Rest of the schedule is cake.

Because of Manny? Seriously. Do you think that they are getting better because of coaching, inspire of coaching or irrelevant of coaching? I believe it is either of the second two but definitely not because of him.
Because we are playing better, and the rest of our schedule is not so tough. I think we are playing better because we have a better QB, and we are playing talented young players. Believe me, Manny Diaz is not a good coach, but the team is playing far better than they were.

I've always said it. When you have a QB that can attack all parts of the field, you can keep a D off balance. TVD is that QB. Any other year we give up 500+ passing, we lose by 20+. A real QB? Well, you see the difference.

None of the remaining teams are any good and Miami's O with TVD can put up 35+ points on all of them.

I don't think the rest of them can match that output regardless to how poor the D could play.

Manny wins out and keeps his job. May even win the ACC.

Advertisement
This defense is worse than golden/dorito at this point.. I cant beleive people tried to sell Flagg as a miami lb, this guy is even worse than I thought and he is the best we got?! !!!!!!!! WHAT. THE. ****!!!!!!!!! This drives me crazy, I saw Pickett run right by himand he is flailing tryna keep up, how is this guy a starter?!
In todays game defenses do not dominate like in the past, check other defense stats...Pitts strength was their Defense yet they gave up over 500 yards today against a "weak" offense if you look at our stats this year. Bama gave up over 350 yards in their game with Texas A&M plus look at Clemson defense stats. Today your team has to outscore their opponent.

Because we are playing better, and the rest of our schedule is not so tough. I think we are playing better because we have a better QB, and we are playing talented young players. Believe me, Manny Diaz is not a good coach, but the team is playing far better than they were.

I've always said it. When you have a QB that can attack all parts of the field, you can keep a D off balance. TVD is that QB. Any other year we give up 500+ passing, we lose by 20+. A real QB? Well, you see the difference.
I do see it and believe that TVD is a major reason that we are where we are. Being able to see the plays (both literally since he is 6’4” and figuratively as a good QB) is a big difference in RPO and in reads in coverage.

I also think that Kinchens is a difference maker (obviously Agent 0 is too). But Manny is being forced to make these changes in playing time due to injury (and he is also getting plenty of pressure). It’s tough to watch Jennings come in to give Flagg a break. Same goes for 13 being in ahead of Chantz Williams who always seems to make a play when in the game. But Manny isn’t playing TAC or Huff.

I think that he was forced to make those other moves due to depth issues and the younger kids have stepped up as they are a different breed. They are here because of him but they are not on the field due to his decisions. We agree that the youth is clearly the difference maker, especially at QB and S. But I give absolutely ZERO credit to Manny for those kids playing…only credit is for his staff getting them to commit to the U. The on field product has everything to do with the youngsters efforts when playing.

Advertisement
The admin should have given Diaz a check for a top notch DC, instead we got Baker for the budget hire. Diaz can't do it all, until the admin supports him this is Miami football. They should have given him the money to hire a guy this year. We need increased money for support staff too. Diaz is still learning on the job but the admin ain't doing him any favors.
Manny had the money for any dc he wanted. The checkbooks been open

Manny is not it. His defense is atrocious. I’m watching some players out there that should be playing for FAMU. And that’s his contradiction, he has 30 studs playing with 50 duds.

Advertisement
We win out including any potential bowl game and manny would have turned it around enough for me to say one more chance, but if he loses any other game from here on out it’s curtains in my view and I wouldn’t disagree if they canned him anyway.

Even if he wins out you can’t have a coach without a new contract and on the hotseat for another season as that can kill next year’s recruiting class too.

But what do you do if your number one coaching option isn’t interested or available?

No. Under no circumstances should Manny stay. Our defense is poorly coached with players constantly out of position, with qb's & receivers having career days against us being commonplace. Our pass rush has been minimal and the talent level at linebacker & corner is atrocious. TVD is singlehandedly keeping Manny employed at this point. I want Blake fired first. Cut the head off the snake. If that happens I'll accept what comes afterwards with way more patience. UM needs to move forward and make a commitment to competing on the highest level of college football. Hopefully some of these young offensive weapons entice the right coaching candidate to come to Coral Gables.

Advertisement
The admin should have given Diaz a check for a top notch DC, instead we got Baker for the budget hire. Diaz can't do it all, until the admin supports him this is Miami football. They should have given him the money to hire a guy this year. We need increased money for support staff too. Diaz is still learning on the job but the admin ain't doing him any favors.
He could have hired someone as Dc. The problem was it had to be a puppet to run his defense because that is the sole reason he got this hc job. He wasn’t going to hire someone to run their own defense and not be able to say that’s his defense. His ego wouldn’t allow that

Miami is now 4-4 with 2 losses to top 6 teams + two losses by a combined 5 points to a 6-2 ACC team and a talented UNC team (WHICH I believe if we had THIS TVD for those games we win…and possibly MSU.)

But anyways, we have now accomplished two wins in a ROW over top 20 opponents and now go into a 4 game stretch against:
Vs Georgia Tech (3-5)
@ FSU (3-4 as of now)
Vs Vtech (4-4)
@ Duke (3-4 soon to be 3-5)
WITH momentum, team that seems to be tackling better, generating more pressure, providing good pass protection, Passing efficiently and sharply and most importantly a team that believes in themselves again.

It’s quite possible we can be 8-4, win the ACC and go 9-4 and then play in a good/decent bowl game and finish 10-4.

We’ve alwYs said Diaz’s best trait is his ability to adapt and attack weaknesses on the team. This year may prove him to move away from sticking with older players based on experience, change/adjust his scheme (or hire a valid Dc to run a similar scheme), change the way they teach/practice tackling and dip into the portal for LBs/DTs.

I say all this to ask…IF and ONLY if Diaz can finish with the record said above (and win the next 4 games in a more dominant fashion, along with making the adjustments said above) do we put our faith back in Diaz and ride with him for next year?

2022 team: Returning QB, returning Knighton/Chaney/FR RBs

Bring back both Mallory & Arroyo

X, K smith, Brinson, B smith, J George (could only hope Rambo would stay LOL)

D returns: A Williams, J Williams, K kitchens + B balom from injury in for safeties,

Chase Williams, K smith, S brooks comes back

L Taylor, Chantz Williams, Q Williams, E Roberts, JHH, Nesta, J Harvey comes back on DLine

Add in portal for CB, LB, DL and maybe OL and that’s a solid team AND MOST players named above are FR/RFR/SO

I know it’s early to crown anything or anyone but if things continue to trend up it’ll help with recruiting, keeping current players, attracting better portal players…so I say LETS WIN EM ALL
You’ll get laughed at, but if the scenario happens it’s a yea.

Had we simply tackled instead of trying to deliver KOs we would've beat unc by 2 touchdowns, uva as well. Msu is a toss up but at a MINIMUM we should be 6-2 and that's what's so frustrating. Not just because of the losses but because of wins DESPITE Diaz. With more coaching competency I think we'd be sitting at 7-1 and in the top 10 right now.

Advertisement
Back