Hear me out

This team talent for talent looks better than the team in Eugene..the hc y’all would give your right nut to get..carry the **** on

Advertisement
The admin should have given Diaz a check for a top notch DC, instead we got Baker for the budget hire. Diaz can't do it all, until the admin supports him this is Miami football. They should have given him the money to hire a guy this year. We need increased money for support staff too. Diaz is still learning on the job but the admin ain't doing him any favors.
We gotta get dudes in the building. It’s the Jimmy and joes..our best players are/have been transfers and young guys if we being 💯

Miami is now 4-4 with 2 losses to top 6 teams + two losses by a combined 5 points to a 6-2 ACC team and a talented UNC team (WHICH I believe if we had THIS TVD for those games we win…and possibly MSU.)

But anyways, we have now accomplished two wins in a ROW over top 20 opponents and now go into a 4 game stretch against:
Vs Georgia Tech (3-5)
@ FSU (3-4 as of now)
Vs Vtech (4-4)
@ Duke (3-4 soon to be 3-5)
WITH momentum, team that seems to be tackling better, generating more pressure, providing good pass protection, Passing efficiently and sharply and most importantly a team that believes in themselves again.

It’s quite possible we can be 8-4, win the ACC and go 9-4 and then play in a good/decent bowl game and finish 10-4.

We’ve alwYs said Diaz’s best trait is his ability to adapt and attack weaknesses on the team. This year may prove him to move away from sticking with older players based on experience, change/adjust his scheme (or hire a valid Dc to run a similar scheme), change the way they teach/practice tackling and dip into the portal for LBs/DTs.

I say all this to ask…IF and ONLY if Diaz can finish with the record said above (and win the next 4 games in a more dominant fashion, along with making the adjustments said above) do we put our faith back in Diaz and ride with him for next year?

2022 team: Returning QB, returning Knighton/Chaney/FR RBs

Bring back both Mallory & Arroyo

X, K smith, Brinson, B smith, J George (could only hope Rambo would stay LOL)

D returns: A Williams, J Williams, K kitchens + B balom from injury in for safeties,

Chase Williams, K smith, S brooks comes back

L Taylor, Chantz Williams, Q Williams, E Roberts, JHH, Nesta, J Harvey comes back on DLine

Add in portal for CB, LB, DL and maybe OL and that’s a solid team AND MOST players named above are FR/RFR/SO

I know it’s early to crown anything or anyone but if things continue to trend up it’ll help with recruiting, keeping current players, attracting better portal players…so I say LETS WIN EM ALL
No

The admin should have given Diaz a check for a top notch DC, instead we got Baker for the budget hire. Diaz can't do it all, until the admin supports him this is Miami football. They should have given him the money to hire a guy this year. We need increased money for support staff too. Diaz is still learning on the job but the admin ain't doing him any favors.
He was looking into hiring a dc this past offseason. Whether it didn’t happen or he wasn’t really looking, he spoke with people

I said the same thing in GameDay thread and got roasted. Put some real money in the program and who knows what the team looks like. I went to a business luncheon a few years ago and the keynote was Byrne the AD of Bama. He said they key 100 million at minimum at all times to spend for athletics. The same year they put the new million dollar led lights in the stadium. Miami needs an infusion of monetary support first

Advertisement
The start the freshmen movement might have been implanted in enough time to save his job. But too late to win the coastal. Which would suck for the fans.

Advertisement
True but how did we end up with ball spotted at 1 yard line? Williams int was at 4 yard line
I believe we got penalized for 0 taking off his helmet after the play…but not sure since the quality of the ACC telecast was so great. Was wondering the same thing and this is the only conclusion that I could come up with.

He was looking into hiring a dc this past offseason. Whether it didn’t happen or he wasn’t really looking, he spoke with people
Do you remember hearing any of the names? I feel we lack in quality support staff too, we've been always way behind. With the way the game is now you have to have a lot of behind the scenes work each week.

Advertisement
Only way for me is that he needs relinquish the D and bring somebody in to run their own D. Preferably John Heacock being that they’re similar but Heacock is way more traditional.

I think D coordinator job is and always was a one year rental.

Exactly. Glad someone said it.

This is the problems with eking out wins like; there's little objectivity—everyone going to the, "We're two plays away from 6-2 and those two losses were to Top Five, undefeated Alabama and Michigan State teams!"

This defense has a handful of great young athletes, but a defense they are not—giving up almost 600 yards today and bailed out by two HORRIBLE decisions by Kenny Pickett that led to interceptions.

This is also a one-dimensional offense that is getting the best TVD has in the tank; two MVP-like weeks out of the kid for two wins by a combined five points.

The offense isn't going to bail this shoddy defense out every week—and there needs to be more light shone on the fact Manny sucks at playing CEO and DC at the same time.

These two wins are blinding too many folks from some glaring issues here. This defense is as abysmal this year as Richt's offense was in 2018, where the defense had to "save" a 7-6 season.
I say that we are two plays away from being 2-6 and still with no wins against P5 in forever. I hope that the BOT appreciates that when Manny tries to use the same argument toward the end of the year. It all turns out to be 50/50 against average competition. That is not what this program should be trying to accomplish. We need to be in a whole other level, not eeking out every single win. Heck, we are one play away from losing to App State too.

Miami is now 4-4 with 2 losses to top 6 teams + two losses by a combined 5 points to a 6-2 ACC team and a talented UNC team (WHICH I believe if we had THIS TVD for those games we win…and possibly MSU.)

But anyways, we have now accomplished two wins in a ROW over top 20 opponents and now go into a 4 game stretch against:
Vs Georgia Tech (3-5)
@ FSU (3-4 as of now)
Vs Vtech (4-4)
@ Duke (3-4 soon to be 3-5)
WITH momentum, team that seems to be tackling better, generating more pressure, providing good pass protection, Passing efficiently and sharply and most importantly a team that believes in themselves again.

It’s quite possible we can be 8-4, win the ACC and go 9-4 and then play in a good/decent bowl game and finish 10-4.

We’ve alwYs said Diaz’s best trait is his ability to adapt and attack weaknesses on the team. This year may prove him to move away from sticking with older players based on experience, change/adjust his scheme (or hire a valid Dc to run a similar scheme), change the way they teach/practice tackling and dip into the portal for LBs/DTs.

I say all this to ask…IF and ONLY if Diaz can finish with the record said above (and win the next 4 games in a more dominant fashion, along with making the adjustments said above) do we put our faith back in Diaz and ride with him for next year?

2022 team: Returning QB, returning Knighton/Chaney/FR RBs

Bring back both Mallory & Arroyo

X, K smith, Brinson, B smith, J George (could only hope Rambo would stay LOL)

D returns: A Williams, J Williams, K kitchens + B balom from injury in for safeties,

Chase Williams, K smith, S brooks comes back

L Taylor, Chantz Williams, Q Williams, E Roberts, JHH, Nesta, J Harvey comes back on DLine

Add in portal for CB, LB, DL and maybe OL and that’s a solid team AND MOST players named above are FR/RFR/SO

I know it’s early to crown anything or anyone but if things continue to trend up it’ll help with recruiting, keeping current players, attracting better portal players…so I say LETS WIN EM ALL
imagine if we had a good coach for next year.................. D has regressed the last few years. still no quality LBs and I doubt any good ones will want to come to this shltty scheme. tackling is worse than last year. Would still be middle of the pack ACC team with dIAZ. Beat 2 ranked team(that are no longer going to be ranked. One of those teams hasnt played a ranked team all year and lost to WESTERN MICHIGAN. the other ranked team hasnt beaten a team that is currently ranked.

Advertisement
its literally a win win for everybody on this site.

manny ends up dropping 1-3 more (he will) and he gets fired anyways. the job is more enticing now because of TVD

if by some absolute ******* miracle we win out then we prob win the coastal and have a pretty decent shot at winning the ACC outright.

Just watch the games and drink some ****** beers, my dudes.
I'm not convinced we lose another game, unless FSU has really improved. Even then, I think we are the better team. I just don't see 3 losses left on this schedule. Now had we gotten pounded today, then maybe. Winning this game was really big for us.

I say that we are two plays away from being 2-6 and still with no wins against P5 in forever. I hope that the BOT appreciates that when Manny tries to use the same argument toward the end of the year. It all turns out to be 50/50 against average competition. That is not what this program should be trying to accomplish. We need to be in a whole other level, not eeking out every single win. Heck, we are one play away from losing to App State too.
I'm sorry, but as much as I hate Manny, this is NOT the same team that we saw the first 4 weeks. It's just not. The team is growing up.

If we win our side. Diaz deserves another year. Just my opinion. And I am on the fire Diaz side.

I'm on the fire Diaz side but i really want to see Lashlee and TVD together another year. Blake needs to go though. I'd rather have a new AD in place a year before making a HC search anyway. (unless it's ZO, then f'it. clean slate)

I'm sorry, but as much as I hate Manny, this is NOT the same team that we saw the first 4 weeks. It's just not. The team is growing up.
Because of Manny? Seriously. Do you think that they are getting better because of coaching, inspite of coaching or irrelevant of coaching? I believe it is either of the second two but definitely not because of him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back