Hear me out

Advertisement
Stranger things have happened - like winning the last 2 games. I’ll hold my opinion until the season plays out and I’ll be rooting for the players every game.

The admin should have given Diaz a check for a top notch DC, instead we got Baker for the budget hire. Diaz can't do it all, until the admin supports him this is Miami football. They should have given him the money to hire a guy this year. We need increased money for support staff too. Diaz is still learning on the job but the admin ain't doing him any favors.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami is now 4-4 with 2 losses to top 6 teams + two losses by a combined 5 points to a 6-2 ACC team and a talented UNC team (WHICH I believe if we had THIS TVD for those games we win…and possibly MSU.)

But anyways, we have now accomplished two wins in a ROW over top 20 opponents and now go into a 4 game stretch against:
Vs Georgia Tech (3-5)
@ FSU (3-4 as of now)
Vs Vtech (4-4)
@ Duke (3-4 soon to be 3-5)
WITH momentum, team that seems to be tackling better, generating more pressure, providing good pass protection, Passing efficiently and sharply and most importantly a team that believes in themselves again.

It’s quite possible we can be 8-4, win the ACC and go 9-4 and then play in a good/decent bowl game and finish 10-4.

We’ve alwYs said Diaz’s best trait is his ability to adapt and attack weaknesses on the team. This year may prove him to move away from sticking with older players based on experience, change/adjust his scheme (or hire a valid Dc to run a similar scheme), change the way they teach/practice tackling and dip into the portal for LBs/DTs.

I say all this to ask…IF and ONLY if Diaz can finish with the record said above (and win the next 4 games in a more dominant fashion, along with making the adjustments said above) do we put our faith back in Diaz and ride with him for next year?

2022 team: Returning QB, returning Knighton/Chaney/FR RBs

Bring back both Mallory & Arroyo

X, K smith, Brinson, B smith, J George (could only hope Rambo would stay LOL)

D returns: A Williams, J Williams, K kitchens + B balom from injury in for safeties,

Chase Williams, K smith, S brooks comes back

L Taylor, Chantz Williams, Q Williams, E Roberts, JHH, Nesta, J Harvey comes back on DLine

Add in portal for CB, LB, DL and maybe OL and that’s a solid team AND MOST players named above are FR/RFR/SO

I know it’s early to crown anything or anyone but if things continue to trend up it’ll help with recruiting, keeping current players, attracting better portal players…so I say LETS WIN EM ALL
Nah, the Debbie downers will say, it was a down year for ACC, the wins were to close, Garcia would have done better. Mario, Stoops, blah, blah, blah GO CANES!!!

The admin should have given Diaz a check for a top notch DC, instead we got Baker for the budget hire. Diaz can't do it all, until the admin supports him this is Miami football. They should have given him the money to hire a guy this year. We need increased money for support staff too. Diaz is still learning on the job but the admin ain't doing him any favors.
I wonder if it was more of Diaz biting off more than he can chew than it was a money thing. I think Manny got ****y and thought he was the best man for the DC job.

Needs to bring in a new Specials Coach and a new LB/DC in your scenario, but if he goes 9-4... that’s not a “decent bowl game,” that means going to the Orange Bowl having won the ACC. There is ZERO chance he would be fired in that scenario.

Orange Bowl is a Playoff tie-in this year. Next best game will be Peach Bowl, which, if Miami is 9-4, we'll still get skipped over by ND. If we win out and finish 9-4, we're likely going to the Gator bowl, considering they don't like repeats (Cheez It is other likely option).

Advertisement
I wonder if it was more of Diaz biting off more than he can chew than it was a money thing. I think Manny got ****y and thought he was the best man for the DC job.
Maybe somewhat, but Miami's admin history has been bare minimum for as long as I've been alive.

Miami is now 4-4 with 2 losses to top 6 teams + two losses by a combined 5 points to a 6-2 ACC team and a talented UNC team (WHICH I believe if we had THIS TVD for those games we win…and possibly MSU.)

But anyways, we have now accomplished two wins in a ROW over top 20 opponents and now go into a 4 game stretch against:
Vs Georgia Tech (3-5)
@ FSU (3-4 as of now)
Vs Vtech (4-4)
@ Duke (3-4 soon to be 3-5)
WITH momentum, team that seems to be tackling better, generating more pressure, providing good pass protection, Passing efficiently and sharply and most importantly a team that believes in themselves again.

It’s quite possible we can be 8-4, win the ACC and go 9-4 and then play in a good/decent bowl game and finish 10-4.

We’ve alwYs said Diaz’s best trait is his ability to adapt and attack weaknesses on the team. This year may prove him to move away from sticking with older players based on experience, change/adjust his scheme (or hire a valid Dc to run a similar scheme), change the way they teach/practice tackling and dip into the portal for LBs/DTs.

I say all this to ask…IF and ONLY if Diaz can finish with the record said above (and win the next 4 games in a more dominant fashion, along with making the adjustments said above) do we put our faith back in Diaz and ride with him for next year?

2022 team: Returning QB, returning Knighton/Chaney/FR RBs

Bring back both Mallory & Arroyo

X, K smith, Brinson, B smith, J George (could only hope Rambo would stay LOL)

D returns: A Williams, J Williams, K kitchens + B balom from injury in for safeties,

Chase Williams, K smith, S brooks comes back

L Taylor, Chantz Williams, Q Williams, E Roberts, JHH, Nesta, J Harvey comes back on DLine

Add in portal for CB, LB, DL and maybe OL and that’s a solid team AND MOST players named above are FR/RFR/SO

I know it’s early to crown anything or anyone but if things continue to trend up it’ll help with recruiting, keeping current players, attracting better portal players…so I say LETS WIN EM ALL
Only way for me is that he needs relinquish the D and bring somebody in to run their own D. Preferably John Heacock being that they’re similar but Heacock is way more traditional.

Advertisement
Orange Bowl is a Playoff tie-in this year. Next best game will be Peach Bowl, which, if Miami is 9-4, we'll still get skipped over by ND. If we win out and finish 9-4, we're likely going to the Gator bowl, considering they don't like repeats (Cheez It is other likely option).
I thought the Orange Bowl is played every year regardless of playoffs. For Example UNC vs A&M in 2020 or FU vs UVA in 2019?

D still looks like garbage. We are still winning despite poor coaching. I bet they stand Pat though.

Exactly. Glad someone said it.

This is the problems with eking out wins like; there's little objectivity—everyone going to the, "We're two plays away from 6-2 and those two losses were to Top Five, undefeated Alabama and Michigan State teams!"

This defense has a handful of great young athletes, but a defense they are not—giving up almost 600 yards today and bailed out by two HORRIBLE decisions by Kenny Pickett that led to interceptions.

This is also a one-dimensional offense that is getting the best TVD has in the tank; two MVP-like weeks out of the kid for two wins by a combined five points.

The offense isn't going to bail this shoddy defense out every week—and there needs to be more light shone on the fact Manny sucks at playing CEO and DC at the same time.

These two wins are blinding too many folks from some glaring issues here. This defense is as abysmal this year as Richt's offense was in 2018, where the defense had to "save" a 7-6 season.

Advertisement
Back