Hear me out

Advertisement
The Canes are playing better football minus the “run it back” crew. The Canes are favored in the last four games of the regular season. 8-4 is very realistic, and so is the ACC Championship and 9-4. 9-4 should give us a great recruiting early signing day class for CMD and a NY6 Bowl Game. No excuses

Our kids are playing big boy football for Diaz and this staff...have to know that they hear about the Diaz hot seat talk.......appears to me that they don't want another staff and look like they are taking it into their own hands to do the unthinkable to ensure "their" coach stays. Unthinkable being AT LEAST win the ACC

Advertisement
Here's what I think will happen:
-Manny wins out but losses the bowl game
-Blake gets fired
-The Diaz, Sr. contingent on the BOT talks the BOT in letting the new AD decide Manny's future
-New AD keeps Manny but demands he hire a DC
-Off-season Manny strikes again and goes ham on the portal

Not saying this is what I want, but this is how our luck has been doe 15+ years

The issue and the potential blessing for Diaz, this season has been injuries..

It took a bunch of players getting hurt, for the better players to play, and start winning us games..

I get King starting from day one.. but no reason these players shouldn’t have started since Bama.. they are clearly better..
And there are still a lot of better players not playing. Chase Smith and Avantae Williams are better than what's in front of them. Huff and TAC are better than what's in front of them.

The Canes are playing better football minus the “run it back” crew. The Canes are favored in the last four games of the regular season. 8-4 is very realistic, and so is the ACC Championship and 9-4. 9-4 should give us a great recruiting early signing day class for CMD and a NY6 Bowl Game. No excuses
At this point 8-4 is all but wrapped up.The acc game who knows how that works itself out.My concern is that is still not enough to salvage the recruiting class.

Advertisement
Notice they never mention Gaynor at all any more? not even to talk about him being injured. It's like he just disappeared.
Remember when Clark was going to just disappear because of the wreck? Now he’s actually balling at his natural position. Weird coincidence.

I said it in another thread. All I care about is winning. If we win out and we keep Diaz, so be it. But we better be getting a legit DC and move away from Manny’s scheme. It ain’t it.

Fat chance.... Manny will die with his blitzing defense...

Advertisement
I do see it and believe that TVD is a major reason that we are where we are. Being able to see the plays (both literally since he is 6’4” and figuratively as a good QB) is a big difference in RPO and in reads in coverage.

I also think that Kinchens is a difference maker (obviously Agent 0 is too). But Manny is being forced to make these changes in playing time due to injury (and he is also getting plenty of pressure). It’s tough to watch Jennings come in to give Flagg a break. Same goes for 13 being in ahead of Chantz Williams who always seems to make a play when in the game. But Manny isn’t playing TAC or Huff.

I think that he was forced to make those other moves due to depth issues and the younger kids have stepped up as they are a different breed. They are here because of him but they are not on the field due to his decisions. We agree that the youth is clearly the difference maker, especially at QB and S. But I give absolutely ZERO credit to Manny for those kids playing…only credit is for his staff getting them to commit to the U. The on field product has everything to do with the youngsters efforts when playing.
Just look at Clemson without Trevor, they went from great to pedestrian rather quickly. Not that we can rate TVD in that category YET time will tell.

Just look at Clemson without Trevor, they went from great to pedestrian rather quickly. Not that we can rate TVD in that category YET time will tell.
Agree. Trying to remain level headed on him but the rest of the freshman are making things happen too. But it sure makes Dabo look pedestrian as well since Trevor is gone. Manny is only as good as the results too.

Advertisement
Back