Head coaches you would welcome at Miami

Soo. It's practically fsu week. We are on a 3 week high and this is what we post. ??

A 3 week high that includes beating a basketball team and 2 other below average teams which have almost 10 losses combined between them is not a "high".

Sweet Jesus...have expectations around here been lowered to the level where this "winning streak" is considered a good thing? Have people lost all sense of perspective?

They beat FSU...and then maybe we can begin to discuss a "high". Until then, the same problems that have plagued us for the last 10 years have been all too apparent this season.

Advertisement
Todd Graham was 10-4 last season and is kicking *** this season. He's only been quiet nationally because ASU isn't a football power and they play in the Pac12, like Rich Rod.

Rich Rod is quiet nationally because he was horrible at Michigan and his team were 4-5 in the PAC12 in the last 2 seasons...

It's a **** shame the Bobby Petrino ship sailed cause I'll continue saying he would have been the ultimate fit down here.

Renegade coach with a brilliant offensive mind. You combine that with the skill position talent that South Florida churns out on a yearly basis and it would have been a recipe for sustained success.

Why is everyone obsessed with offensive minded guys? We have too much talent in sfla where John Doe can run an offense. We score 50 with coley, 50 with Shannon, 50 with golden. We need a defensive beast and an elite recruiter. Defense wins championship period in this game, the number one team in the country plays great physical defense.

With all due respect...you have peeps on this board acting like Butch Davis would be Jesus and is the second coming of Vince Lombardi. I'm at the point where I'm **** near convinced the majority of this board either is under the age of 25 or has amnesia.

Butch Davis was a poor gameday coach who epitomized conservatism. Furthermore it's also quite apparent to me that most on this board don't remember how loudly many fans were calling for Butch's head on several occasions as a result of his aforementioned deficiences.

For today's game....give me an offensive minded aggressive coach. That attitude tends to permeate down to the entire team and with a good DC we can remedy most of our problems.

U trippin cuz.

I'm going to run down a list, tell me: (YES- would hire) (Meh- don't care) (NO- no)

Butch Davis - Meh
Jeremy Pruitt - Yes
Todd Graham - Yes
Gregory Schiano - Yes
Pat Narduzzi - Yes
Mark Stoops - Yes
Rich Rodriguez - Meh
Charlie Strong - Yes
David Cutcliffe - Yes
Bobby Petrino - Yes
Bud Foster - No
Tommy Tubberville - No
Rob Chudzinski - Yes
Mack Brown - No
Dabo Swinney - No
Gene Chizik - No
James Franklin - Meh
Butch Jones - No

Butch Davis - Meh
Jeremy Pruitt - Yes
Todd Graham - Yes
Gregory Schiano - Yes
Pat Narduzzi - Yes
Mark Stoops - Yes
Rich Rodriguez - Meh
Charlie Strong - Yes
David Cutcliffe - Yes
Bobby Petrino - Yes
Bud Foster - No
Tommy Tubberville - No
Rob Chudzinski - Yes
Mack Brown - No
Dabo Swinney - No
Gene Chizik - No
James Franklin - Meh
Butch Jones - No

Advertisement
FSU is basically an SEC program right now.

Miami was the SEC before the SEC. ruthless savages playing tough, attacking defense.

Listen to all the poor mouthers. The SEC is the greatest, and UM could never hang with them. At our best, we're not on the level of Kentucky, Vanderbilt, or the Mississippi schools. We're dinged, so we should be happy to have a scrappy try hard HC like Folden.

#UMfansAreSoccerMoms

why doesnt anyone ever bring up kyle whittingham from utah?

Because he would be lost trying to recruit So Fla kids. He's a BYU mormon through and through and would be getting circles run around him by all the crootin shenans that go on.

Now his DC Kalani Sitake is a BEAST!!! But I don't think he is ready to be a big time HC yet.

Advertisement
FSU is basically an SEC program right now.

Miami was the SEC before the SEC. ruthless savages playing tough, attacking defense.

Vanderbilt is the only $EC school you can attempt to compare UM to...an entirely different financial beast, and yes, mongolith F$U that places football at the top of the priority list at any cost fits right in.

UM

Todd Graham was 10-4 last season and is kicking *** this season. He's only been quiet nationally because ASU isn't a football power and they play in the Pac12, like Rich Rod.

Rich Rod is quiet nationally because he was horrible at Michigan and his team were 4-5 in the PAC12 in the last 2 seasons...

He didn't have a chance to succeed at Michigan. Lots of people will tell you that. Lots of Michigan people wanted a Michigan man and he wasn't it.

Article on ESPN saying Bob Stoops needs to step down. The program and atmosphere has become stagnant. He needs a change of scenery. So my pick for a new head coach would be Bob Stoops. Question would be can we step up and beat out UF for him? Never brought in a head coach with his credentials. Any thoughts? Would he take less $$ to bring this program back in the heart of recruiting heaven? Not the best topic for FSU week. BEAT FSU!

Advertisement
Back