Head coaches you would welcome at Miami

Advertisement
Kevin Sumlin? lol. We'd have a worse defense than we've had to suffer with under Doritos.

It's a **** shame the Bobby Petrino ship sailed cause I'll continue saying he would have been the ultimate fit down here.

Renegade coach with a brilliant offensive mind. You combine that with the skill position talent that South Florida churns out on a yearly basis and it would have been a recipe for sustained success.

Advertisement
It's a **** shame the Bobby Petrino ship sailed cause I'll continue saying he would have been the ultimate fit down here.

Renegade coach with a brilliant offensive mind. You combine that with the skill position talent that South Florida churns out on a yearly basis and it would have been a recipe for sustained success.

Why is everyone obsessed with offensive minded guys? We have too much talent in sfla where John Doe can run an offense. We score 50 with coley, 50 with Shannon, 50 with golden. We need a defensive beast and an elite recruiter. Defense wins championship period in this game, the number one team in the country plays great physical defense.

Advertisement
I'm going to run down a list, tell me: (YES- would hire) (Meh- don't care) (NO- no)

Butch Davis
Jeremy Pruitt
Todd Graham
Gregory Schiano
Pat Narduzzi
Mark Stoops
Rich Rodriguez
Charlie Strong
David Cutcliffe
Bobby Petrino
Bud Foster
Tommy Tubberville
Rob Chudzinski
Mack Brown
Dabo Swinney
Gene Chizik
James Franklin
Butch Jones

Pinkel (Missouri)
Also, throw Whittingham on yo list.

Last edited:

Why is everyone obsessed with offensive minded guys? We have too much talent in sfla where John Doe can run an offense. We score 50 with coley, 50 with Shannon, 50 with golden. We need a defensive beast and an elite recruiter. Defense wins championship period in this game, the number one team in the country plays great physical defense.

Yup.

Advertisement

Man I don't know. I mean I agree that having an "offensive minded" coach means next to nothing, but some of those clappy and Shannon offenses were tough to watch.

I'm going to run down a list, tell me: (YES- would hire) (Meh- don't care) (NO- no)

Butch Davis
Jeremy Pruitt
Todd Graham
Gregory Schiano
Pat Narduzzi
Mark Stoops
Rich Rodriguez
Charlie Strong
David Cutcliffe
Bobby Petrino
Bud Foster
Tommy Tubberville
Rob Chudzinski
Mack Brown
Dabo Swinney
Gene Chizik
James Franklin
Butch Jones

Do we have to make a post about this every week? Good gosh!

Advertisement

Yup.

D wins titles in every sport

No, you cannot just have a John Doe run the offense at Miami. Otherwise Patrick Nix, Dan Werner and Whipple would've done great here. Yes, South Florida has great offensive talent but without quality coaching it means nothing.

The number one team, Mississippi State, also has a heisman caliber QB running the show. And Mississippi State's defense isn't exactly setting the world on fire, they gave up 34 points to UAB, 29 to LSU, 31 to TAMU, and 31 to Kentucky. Meanwhile, MSU's offense has only scored less than 34 points once this year.

With all due respect...you have peeps on this board acting like Butch Davis would be Jesus and is the second coming of Vince Lombardi. I'm at the point where I'm **** near convinced the majority of this board either is under the age of 25 or has amnesia.

Butch Davis was a poor gameday coach who epitomized conservatism. Furthermore it's also quite apparent to me that most on this board don't remember how loudly many fans were calling for Butch's head on several occasions as a result of his aforementioned deficiences.

For today's game....give me an offensive minded aggressive coach. That attitude tends to permeate down to the entire team and with a good DC we can remedy most of our problems.

Advertisement
Back