Head Coaches Who Call The Plays On Defense

Advertisement
Manny calling plays is not the problem and judging by the timing of this announcement was never his ideal plan. Him not being able to bring in a DC is not all that surprising considering his rolodex of contacts is limited to Blake Baker and a guy who hates him in Mack Brown. With his options as limited as they were hiring himself as DC was not the worst thing he could've done.

It's the fact that he'll be now calling plays, running the program, and needing to baby sit 3 position coaches on his side of the ball that makes this a miserable prospect for next season. If Manny was a real coach and not a DC masquerading as a HC, he would've done what's best for the program and gotten rid of that deadweight. He's chosen to do this HC thing with one hand tied behind his back. For that he's a **** HC.

I wish that were true, but I don't see Manny not getting a 4th year unless he wins less than 7 games. **** he's already got an excuse in his back pocket if King is full go for next season. Couple that with he'll probably agree to give up play calling and the lack of administration involvement, we know how this will end up.
I don’t think that will be up to him or Blake. I’d expect Alonzo to slide over from Seattle as the new AD and he would chose the next head coach. We all pack our own shoots. Either way, an unsuccessful season and there’s no extension coming. That’s death and they couldn’t keep him if they wanted to. My2 and I’ll pray they do it if he doesn’t win.

Advertisement
I don’t think that will be up to him or Blake. I’d expect Alonzo to slide over from Seattle as the new AD and he would chose the next head coach. We all pack our own shoots. Either way, an unsuccessful season and there’s no extension coming. That’s death and they couldn’t keep him if they wanted to. My2 and I’ll pray they do it if he doesn’t win.
Bro...I'm just praying Manny finds a way to win so we don't gotta find out how the administration will ***** this up again lol.

So much of a defensive coordinator's job is adjusting in-game. Luckily for Manny, he doesn't have to manage the game or make executive decisions. So he'll have plenty of time to play chess with OCs. We also have an extensive analyst infrastructure to help with game management, oversight, and other duties a Head Coach typically handles.
Underrated post of the year.

Might be a bit premature but I would love to see Lashlee get a shot as a HC at the U. Really like what I've seen from him so far. From the energy on the sideline to the playcalling. He doesn't let up the gas and was always on top of the players even when we we're leading by 3+ touchdowns, giving them an earful when they made mistakes. Manny meanwhile is doing slip and slides.
I like Lashlee, but I don't think he's some magician out there. I don't know who the blame goes to, but you have to question who is making the decision to keep trotting 6 and 8 out there for sooooo many snaps. If he's making that decision, he's just handcuffing himself lol.

So much of a defensive coordinator's job is adjusting in-game. Luckily for Manny, he doesn't have to manage the game or make executive decisions. So he'll have plenty of time to play chess with OCs. We also have an extensive analyst infrastructure to help with game management, oversight, and other duties a Head Coach typically handles.
The offensive staff is also pretty senior.

Advertisement
I like Lashlee, but I don't think he's some magician out there. I don't know who the blame goes to, but you have to question who is making the decision to keep trotting 6 and 8 out there for sooooo many snaps. If he's making that decision, he's just handcuffing himself lol.
I'm going to let his results speak for themselves.
20192020Improvement
Red Zone Score %12217105
Scoring Offense902664
Total Offense983266
*These numbers are where we stood nationally

Keep in mind he did this with no spring to install his offense and a shortened fall dealing with Covid.

Now imagine if 6 and 8 actually caught the ball where we would rank nationally. If you don't think this is "magician" worthy I don't know what to tell you.

Bro...I'm just praying Manny finds a way to win so we don't gotta find out how the administration will ***** this up again lol.
Aren’t we all lol one more lights out top ten class and it won’t matter who coaches here. It’s time for the Stevenson’s, Chaney’s and Taylor’s to own this city again.

Advertisement
Back