Head Coach Candidates?

You would agree you have to try, correct?

If you try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try & he says no, then you move on.
I'd ask the question, but I'd make it clear he's one of several options and not a shoe-in.

Advertisement
Only two for me: Dan Quinn and Doug Petersen.
Really like the Doug Petersen take, don’t think Dan is leaving the cowboys, they are playing some good football. I would love to kick the tires of Rex Ryan and hopefully he brings his brother! They had Oklahoma defense back in the day nasty

Honestly, the only candidates that sound realistic are Cristobal & Schiano. Freeze probably would be interested but our athletic department would be terrified to hire him. Chadwell would probably come too but I doubt our interest.

The rest of the candidates aren't trying to come here IMO.

You make these guys say no in this order:
Mario
Lane
Dan Quinn
Kellen Moore
Luke fickell
Matt Campbell
Then call Mario again

And if all those guys say no you move onto:
Billy Napier (he can recruit. Was at baga/Clem)
Dave clawson(don’t like but can’t deny success)

Advertisement

“That **** Lane, he said it after they played us last year: ‘Everything I told him for three years, he wrote it down,'” Saban would later say with a smile. “He said after the game, ‘I did every one of those things in the game.’

“He had a whole notepad of s— that I said was a problem to defend when we were together, and he said, ‘I did every one of them.'”

Advertisement
BTW, what happened to Matt Patricia? Just curious. He still coaching or did he leave the business?

Honestly, the only candidates that sound realistic are Cristobal & Schiano. Freeze probably would be interested but our athletic department would be terrified to hire him. Chadwell would probably come too but I doubt our interest.

The rest of the candidates aren't trying to come here IMO.
Schiano just signed with Rutgers. For a second term. Doubt he‘d leave there again. IMO.

Bill Clark
Mario Cristobal (If a donor steps up and makes the money work)
Chris Petersen(If he isn't truly retired and is ready to work)
Kellen Moore or Eric Bieniemy(The ONLY coordinators I'll tolerate have to be NFL guys)

Thats my short list. I'm also willing to interview Neal Brown at WVU, and if Matt Campbell at ISU shows any interest, you take that meeting.
Curious as to why Bienemy makes the list. I think he'd be awful as a college HC. I like the other names.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You make these guys say no in this order:
Mario
Lane
Dan Quinn
Kellen Moore
Luke fickell
Matt Campbell
Then call Mario again

And if all those guys say no you move onto:
Billy Napier (he can recruit. Was at baga/Clem)
Dave clawson(don’t like but can’t deny success)
I like your first three. HCs from Indiana, Rutgers & Doug Petersen would be the rest for me. Moore has never been a HC - pass.

Advertisement
Back