Head Coach Candidates?

Advertisement
Joe Brady has never run a program. Jesus Christ.
I am not advocating for Joe Brady, i am in favor of trying to get a young up and comer as opposed to another caretaker. This is all assuming we won't go out and try to make a big splash hire (which we all know is not gonna be the case). So if you are left choosing between a guy like him or ****** Stoops? I am late to these threads but Ive been dying for one of those crazy redneck coaches that gives zero *****. Lane kinda fits that bill.

I am not advocating for Joe Brady, i am in favor of trying to get a young up and comer as opposed to another caretaker. This is all assuming we won't go out and try to make a big splash hire (which we all know is not gonna be the case). So if you are left choosing between a guy like him or ****** Stoops? I am late to these threads but Ive been dying for one of those crazy redneck coaches that gives zero *****. Lane kinda fits that bill.
I'm an open advocate for Hugh Freeze and Art Briles.

Trust me, I want nothing more than a redneck who gives zero *****.

Advertisement
I don't think BOB will get a NFL HC gig anytime soon. I can see him getting an OC job but not HC. I personally think he would be our best HC since Butch and it wouldn't be close. His personality also might be a better fit in college like Saban was.
I know for a fact that Penn State tried everything to keep him and to get him back. Not sure he wants to be a college HC again.

The timing is hard to workout but if we miss Mario and Lane I’d like to dip into the NFL and pull a top coordinator.

Leftwich
Daboll
Pete Carmichael
Jack Del Rio

pass on jack.

pass on lefty.

daboll isn't coming back to college.

Advertisement
Urban..not sure how many Ls he’d like to be apart of (in the league) before his “heart” starts acting up again. He’ll do it again with us but by that time we’ll be 2/3 chips in with an upcoming scandal on the horizon..

Advertisement
JFC, why would we want an NFL coordinator? Please tell me who that's worked for at the college level in recent years. I'll hang up and listen.
Not recent but I was actually curious and looked this up when reviewing the HCs we've hired and their qualifications before.

Butch Davis was DC for the Cowboys. Hadn't really ever coached in college. So he was a coordinator.

I was shocked to see that.

Advertisement
Manny Diaz led teams play their worst football in the biggest moments, so in my opinion its only a matter of when not if he gets canned and we start to look for a HC. Who would you guys like to see as a possible HC after Diaz? Here is a small list

Clemson OC Tony Elliott
Notre Dame DC Marcus Freeman
Alabama OC Bill O'Brien
Jeremy Chadwell Coastal Carolina HC
Luke Fickell Cincinnati Head Coach
Huge Freeze Liberty HC
Billy Napier ULL Head Coach
Dan Lenning Georgia DC
Jim Leonhard Wisconsin DC
Eric Beinimey Chiefs OC
Joe Brady Carolina Panthers OC
Byron Leftwitch Bucs OC

Any others??

Fickell or Freeze from this list

But why would they step down to a lesser program?

I'm an open advocate for Hugh Freeze and Art Briles.

Trust me, I want nothing more than a redneck who gives zero *****.

The Office Reaction GIF

This **** isn't rocket science

Advertisement
Back