He said , she said

I remember this. True story

This is why I’ve never poke for at DBC, even though some of the things he’s done were hilarious.

Also, people know he’s autistic and have known for 15 years or more, so I’m not knocking people for what they do, but I wouldn’t do it. I sat leave that man alone, but that’s just me.
Yeah being disabled myself and a teacher with autistic students I’m always mindful of how they’re treated and how I’m perceived during instruction but it’s not like my kids mock me if I bump into my desk or recline my chair. They get it, I wish more adults would too!

Advertisement
The statements he made were almost verbatim in the Herald a few days before the Game Day segment .. heck .. they must have spent a good 10 minutes or more purely on the disaster that is the UM football program due to Admin lack of interest and oversight. Herbstreit has been a staunch supporter of the UM program for a long time. He feels that a strong UM football program is a good thing for college football. As far as knowledgeable .. heck .. he at least played the game at a high level and knows more than the average fan for sure. Seems like a good guy. Like Corso .. a really nice guy. As an aside, Corso lives in Lake Mary, Florida (Orlando suburb). Corso does some guest speaker engagements .. at least he did prior to his stroke. Our church in DeLand, Florida had a "Night with Coach Corso Dinner" back when Richt was hired by UM. He was humorous and genuine. In spite of being pushed by a couple of Nole fans in attendance to give major props to FSU .. he said .. totally unsolicited "if I had a kid that was going to play college football right now .. I would want him to go to the University of Miami and play for Coach Mark Richt". Totally blew the Nole and Gator attendees away.

Agreed.

And, yes, I live in Orlando and I've met Coach Corso a few times. People forget, he was also the coach of the Orlando USFL team.

Is it possible that he took a back seat then to an aggressive BOT member who got what he wanted and NOW he decided to get more involved with the support of a few like-minded powerful donors and BOT members? Him supporting Manny after the hire could be just a way to give him the benefit of the doubt and just being a supporter of the football program in general.

I like Vilma and I hope that is the case.

Yes.

The key players backing Blake were Fernandez and Epstein. Fernandez got Frenk on-board the Manny Train, and Epstein whipped the BOT into line.

Mario would be here now and Manny at Temple if the search would have lasted 24 hrs

And under Blake and Frenk 1.0, with the lack or resources we've had over the last few years, and zero P5 head coaching experience and much less of a track record, he would have probably failed as miserably as he is likely to succeed this time.

I am of the belief that deals are living things. They get a say in their own matters. And deals sometimes happen and close when they are meant to.

He's a better candidate today walking into a much better environment who will be 10x more likely to succeed now.

Advertisement
Big if but if this is true this is very bad. Could just be Epstein pumping again though.

Oh, so Nunez has knowledge now? He’s at NM for a reason. Who cares about why he does not see eye to eye. Navarro obviously has an agenda. He sounds foolish making that statement.
I will say that Miami brought this public scrutiny on itself. Dude should not have had a seat at the table.

Dude I planned on doing a thread after things calmed down some on how vital Vilma has been. He’s been a blessing.

As you said he was the brains behind the public evisceration by Herbie. JV is one of the people who had a plan and shown leadership, while very few knew it.
Seriously, I CANNOT WAIT to hear all of the things that went on behind the scenes. This is going to be epic.

Sorry but Navarro is so full of ****.
no doubt.

I use my own thoughts and reading to make an opinion and they seem to align with your info vs. anyone elses. I don't need a source to come to the conclusion he knows nothing and your info is probably 10x better.

Advertisement
This being the 16th day after Blake James was beheaded I'm wondering what the hold up is. No search process for AD should take 2 weeks but unfortunately we've given ourselves no other option. I'm assuming it's just come down to the fact that we haven't identified our top prospect yet? Because considering the time crunch we're in, I'd imagine we'd throw everything including kitchen sink for the person.

Question is -- if we've yet to make the AD hire by Sunday, are we still offering Mario the job? Because the clock is ticking in that department as well.
Me view on this all is that Jurich was a real option and was the #1 choice for awhile. Columbus mafia wanted him but there weren’t enough votes to bring him on, and Frenk wasn’t going to be forced to make a call. So they said nope to him and activated the firm after he was out of the running.

That’s just my intuition on it.

Sorry but Navarro is so full of ****. He’s talking about Nunez/ Miami seeing eye to eye when he wasn’t even the guy lol. Wtf. This is just crazy.
He joins DBCs Twitter space every night to answer questions for hours and gives the most bs non answers. He is the worst.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Clemson Ad
raw

Advertisement
Back