He said , she said

Advertisement
For sure, it’s obvious he’s got some issues… wasn’t poking fun at him in that way, just more of a folklore tale is all, he’s a legend in his own right.. I’ve heard he’s a good dude, just in his own world is all, anyone who actually clowns him knowing the issues he has should really look For sure, it’s obvious he’s got some issues… wasn’t poking fun at him in that way, just more of a folklore tale is all, he’s a legend in his own right.. I’ve heard he’s a good dude, just in his own world is all, anyone who actually clowns him knowing the issues he has should really look in the mirror
I hear ya dude. Mental illness is tough. I myself am bipolar 2, hypomania. I take meds for it. I am not ashamed because I can not help it. All I can do is try and manage it.

I’m fine making herbie our Harvey Dent. Whatever it takes

the dark knight batman GIF
The story of UM HCs

Oh, and for the record, you know I respect you immensely even if we don't agree on every single issue, but the REASON that we need to keep the heat on Frenk is the same reason we needed to maintain our focus on Beta Blake. Remember the YEARS worth of my anti-Blake posts, and how many CIS porsters were telling me to cool it once we built the IPF? Beta Blake was the same guy he ever was, regardless of IPF.

I respect that Frenk said "let's play football" during Covid. I respect that Frenk delegated to Echevarria and Fernandez five minutes after Herbstreit blew him up on national television.

But I am not quite ready for the "Frenk's heart grew three sizes that day" story, just as I do not believe "Lane Kiffin has finally grown up". It's all bullsh!te.

Let's get Echevarria a PhD as quickly as we can, and then we can hand HIM a 5-year contract to be UM President.
Too much inside baseball or sausage making. Maybe Frenk has Grinch fever. Who the **** knows? I do know change is hard and it is messy. If Rudy wanted Nunez and that got canned, then the process is working. I'm results oriented. Maybe Turnkey will delight us.

1638464411979.jpeg

Advertisement
Let me rephrase - he was on board with the quick search and supported manny the whole way.

I dunno - Vilma is a smart dude and I'm hoping that he is a guiding light in this mess of a board.

I do not believe he was on-board with the quick search, but the search happened so quickly that it might be hard to delineate between supporting him pre-search and post-search.

Let's not forget, when Manny left UM, most everyone thought he merited a step up to HC, even though it was only a G5 school. So I don't think there was any HATRED towards Manny 3 years ago.

Then the "7 hour search" happened, which was largely supported by Epstein and Rudy Fernandez. Soffer wanted Mario. Vilma usually aligns with Soffer. 7 hours later, yes, everyone pasted on a smile and sank Kumbaya.

I don't believe Vilma supported a high-handed laser-focus on Manny, but if you have information which supports that, feel free to provide it.

Too much inside baseball or sausage making. Maybe Frenk has Grinch fever. Who the **** knows? I do know change is hard and it is messy. If Rudy wanted Nunez and that got canned, then the process is working. I'm results oriented. Maybe Turnkey will delight us.

View attachment 164319

Turnkey’s track record suggests that they will delight us.

Here’s to hoping that Turnkey delivers the desired candidate AND UM is smart enough to hire said person.

Lol. This is wayyyyyyy back in the day. Maybe 20 years ago. They all met on Grassy and carpooled up to the FSU game. DBC is the same in person as he is on Twitter. He also wears velcro shoes.

Reason for the shoes is because he’s autistic. While it’s easy to poke fun of DBC, keep in mind that people out there are poking fun of a guy with autism. He has someone who cares for him because he can’t live on his own. The guy can’t help himself. I give him a free pass. Also worth mentioning, my buddies said he’s a really nice guy. That’s what matters at the end of the day.
I remember this. True story

This is why I’ve never poke for at DBC, even though some of the things he’s done were hilarious.

Also, people know he’s autistic and have known for 15 years or more, so I’m not knocking people for what they do, but I wouldn’t do it. I sat leave that man alone, but that’s just me.

Advertisement
One quick thing on leadership / lack there of and the come to Jesus the Pres had. Pre-Covid Frenk was gone — Summer of 2020. He didn’t “get sports.” He’s a healthcare guy and a policy guy. That’s fine it’s an academic institution after all. He successfully led the U through the pandemic and as widely advertised U HEALTH is back from the dead in a major way (huge for UM FB). After the Virginia game, after Herbie on ESPN, and after prominent boosters said no mas, the lightbulb went off. As @Cribby has so patiently pointed out, Manny and Blake sunk together, their inability to show the fortitude and flexibility necessary for leaders to show (ie embracing zo in ‘19) costed Blake and will cost Manny his job in the coming days. Whoever the new AD is should not shun someone like Zo or Gino to help him with Football. Weak minded leaders feel threatened by having people around them who shine in their roles. Great leaders embrace the stars who make the TEAM / ORGANIZATION better. That seems to be the phenotype or profile of AD the three men in charge want.

In terms of specific’s, here’s what I’ll say, been lucky to speak to some people who know way more than me.

1) Manny is gone - confirmed very high BOT member
2) Mario looks inevitable post P-12
3) Not a clue in the world on AD but seems p5
4) This weekend and early next week will mark a turning point for this program.

If I am wrong about point 1, I’ll remove myself from posting
You are not wrong! You will be posting for a long time:)

Lmao why do you keep assuming ****. You have now assumed 3 times. No I don’t think he comes up with the content of all of his ****. Of course not, you’re acting like he has to say yes to everything that comes his ******* way. Just as easily as he could’ve said yes, he could’ve said no thanks; I’ll pass. Then another piece of material would’ve came his way. That’s all.

I'm not "assuming" anything. I am using the Socratic Method to question why you and the rest of the Herbstreit BJ Society are so intent on giving him so much credit.

So you are not disputing that Vilma wrote all of Herbstreit's talking points and convinced him to speak.

Because Herbstreit could have said no.

OK, such a compelling argument...Herbstreit should get all the credit "for saying yes".
The statements he made were almost verbatim in the Herald a few days before the Game Day segment .. heck .. they must have spent a good 10 minutes or more purely on the disaster that is the UM football program due to Admin lack of interest and oversight. Herbstreit has been a staunch supporter of the UM program for a long time. He feels that a strong UM football program is a good thing for college football. As far as knowledgeable .. heck .. he at least played the game at a high level and knows more than the average fan for sure. Seems like a good guy. Like Corso .. a really nice guy. As an aside, Corso lives in Lake Mary, Florida (Orlando suburb). Corso does some guest speaker engagements .. at least he did prior to his stroke. Our church in DeLand, Florida had a "Night with Coach Corso Dinner" back when Richt was hired by UM. He was humorous and genuine. In spite of being pushed by a couple of Nole fans in attendance to give major props to FSU .. he said .. totally unsolicited "if I had a kid that was going to play college football right now .. I would want him to go to the University of Miami and play for Coach Mark Richt". Totally blew the Nole and Gator attendees away.

Advertisement

View attachment 164319

It's all good. I just have a long memory. As in "Rudy Fernandez also backed Beta Blake hiring Manny after 7 hours".

I'm not "assuming" anything. I am using the Socratic Method to question why you and the rest of the Herbstreit BJ Society are so intent on giving him so much credit.

You're assuming I'm giving Herbstriet credit right now, I just mentioned he couldve said no. That was it. All good. Hope you have a good rest of your day.

I remember this. True story

This is why I’ve never poke for at DBC, even though some of the things he’s done were hilarious.

Also, people know he’s autistic and have known for 15 years or more, so I’m not knocking people for what they do, but I wouldn’t do it. I sat leave that man alone, but that’s just me.
Yep, anyone with half a brain would work out that he's as such and leave him to it.

Instead you've got people using him as a joke for almost 15 years. It's actually embarrassing and pathetic.

Advertisement
Turnkey’s track record suggests that they will delight us.

Here’s to hoping that Turnkey delivers the desired candidate AND UM is smart enough to hire said person.

They certainly seem to be making the effort, if they are giving Nunez a firm "we like other people more".

Advertisement
Back