He’s being thorough

It should never take someone this long to make important hires. It's one thing to take your time to get it right, but it's another to take your time, strike out over and over, then settle on someone, only to try to hype them up as a grand slam hire. I'm afraid that's what is going to happen. We'll hire some dude that Mario will swear was his first choice, and we'll all be left shaking our heads.

My biggest concern with Mario was who he'd hire as OC and DC. I was not concerned that he wouldn't be able to, AT ALL.
Stop poRsting

Advertisement
Listen, I could appreciate this if it were three weeks since he has been on the job. All this "you guys are being pu$$ies" "take your tampons out" rah rah bullshyt is played out. You're delusional if you think this process is normal. It has never taken Saban, Riley, Urban, Dabo or any other elite coach to fill out the majority of their staff like it has Mario. I don't want to speculate too much but clearly something is off in terms of getting coaches to work for him. The fans have a right to be concerned when over the past two weeks we are losing more coaches than we have been adding. It may work out in the end and that is my sincere hope but to pretend like he isn't embarrassing himself right now with either his indecision or arrogance is foolish.

You’re mentally unstable dude

Highly unlikely a splash hire is on the way.

And it’s a new day in college. Kids can get out of their signing day immediately. So no reason for a coach to finish a signing class.

I’m guessing he had a plan. I’m guessing the plan isn’t coming together. And now he’s figuring out a new plan.

It’s fine. It may work itself out. Or, it doesn’t and he has to replace the guys he hires.

But folks really need to stop aiming for the NCAA Dynasty Mode coaching staff. It’s not happening.

Might develop into that. But it won’t be day 1.

I don’t think any one person has ever been more wrong in the history of this board.

Lol "thorough."

He looks like a clueless boob.

Cringe Reaction GIF

Advertisement
very funny to see the profoundly female whining and complaining from a bunch of ostensible grown men in this thread. it was bad back then but it's aged like an dead cartel guy in the trunk of a mercedes ditched in the everglades in mid summer. probably too much to ask that next time cooler heads and patience prevail but hey, always nice to have goals.

Advertisement
It wasn't a bad look. It was more important to get the right guys. If recruits didn't want to come here because of that, then so be it. Truth is, we had a full staff when we were sitting in the 70's and ended up at 14. It obviously played a minimal part in recruiting.

Did we have a bad signing day?
Could it not have been better? It was fine, yes, but it can always, always be better. Having a staff in place would have helped, don't you think?

Again, for those who have a hard time with reading comprehension, I am really happy with the hires. Ideally they would have been sooner. However, when you eventually get it right, it's worth the wait. Problem is, as signing day was approaching it looked like Mario was missing out on his targets, and that wasn't a good look. All's well that ends well, but it wasn't looking good.

I just love how people come out of the woodwork acting like they are Nostradamus, AFTER the fact. Freaking comical.

Advertisement
Could it not have been better? It was fine, yes, but it can always, always be better. Having a staff in place would have helped, don't you think?

Again, for those who have a hard time with reading comprehension, I am really happy with the hires. Ideally they would have been sooner. However, when you eventually get it right, it's worth the wait. Problem is, as signing day was approaching it looked like Mario was missing out on his targets, and that wasn't a good look. All's well that ends well, but it wasn't looking good.

I just love how people come out of the woodwork acting like they are Nostradamus, AFTER the fact. Freaking comical.
It was a transition class. The fact that Miami finished 14th is beyond incredible and the class isn't done. It was more than fine.

"I just love how people come out of the woodwork acting like they are Nostradamus, AFTER the fact. Freaking comical."

Yeah...some but others were waiting to see the end result before freaking out and that's kinda the point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back