He’s being thorough

Advertisement
Highly unlikely a splash hire is on the way.

And it’s a new day in college. Kids can get out of their signing day immediately. So no reason for a coach to finish a signing class.

I’m guessing he had a plan. I’m guessing the plan isn’t coming together. And now he’s figuring out a new plan.

It’s fine. It may work itself out. Or, it doesn’t and he has to replace the guys he hires.

But folks really need to stop aiming for the NCAA Dynasty Mode coaching staff. It’s not happening.

Might develop into that. But it won’t be day 1.

Maybe Mario should cut his 5-6 hour interviews down to 1-2…seems like while he’s trying to process all the info he’s gotten in those 5-6 hours he’s losing coaches to guys that are only taking an hour or two…

There’s such a thing as being thorough but it’s a fine line before thoroughness becomes obsessive compulsive…
The interview took too long? Huh.

Please stop with this nonsense, fact is Mario is having trouble filling his staff (and keeping them for that matter). Guess he wasn’t so “thorough” when vetting T-Rob and McClendon :noidea:

That's ******* dumb on one aspect

Bama calls, most pick up and go. McClendon, he's got a list of why he'd go to Georgia.

Neither was in the picture when Mario brought them on board. Had Mario and they offered at the same time, it wouldn't even be a discussion.

I think he's struggling to fill out his staff. Any way you look at it, it's a bad look. I just won't hold him accountable for these two coaches.

I also tend to think and issue with staffing is that he's brought some of his guys. As a DC or OC, you want autonomy on finalizing your staff. Getting stuck with guys you don't know, haven't worked with, or trust can be a bad thing as much as it can be a good thing if it works out.

I'm not excusing any lack of hires. It needed to get done a while ago.

Advertisement
Highly unlikely a splash hire is on the way.

And it’s a new day in college. Kids can get out of their signing day immediately. So no reason for a coach to finish a signing class.

I’m guessing he had a plan. I’m guessing the plan isn’t coming together. And now he’s figuring out a new plan.

It’s fine. It may work itself out. Or, it doesn’t and he has to replace the guys he hires.

But folks really need to stop aiming for the NCAA Dynasty Mode coaching staff. It’s not happening.

Might develop into that. But it won’t be day 1.
That's a very realistic take. We may have to wait for this staff to turn into what we know it can be.

That's ******* dumb on one aspect

Bama calls, most pick up and go. McClendon, he's got a list of why he'd go to Georgia.

Neither was in the picture when Mario brought them on board. Had Mario and they offered at the same time, it wouldn't even be a discussion.

I think he's struggling to fill out his staff. Any way you look at it, it's a bad look. I just won't hold him accountable for these two coaches.

I also tend to think and issue with staffing is that he's brought some of his guys. As a DC or OC, you want autonomy on finalizing your staff. Getting stuck with guys you don't know, haven't worked with, or trust can be a bad thing as much as it can be a good thing if it works out.

I'm not excusing any lack of hires. It needed to get done a while ago.
I definitely don't disagree. It's funny that a very good friend of mine was telling me at the beginning when Mario was bringing over all the guys from Oregon that he has brought in that he thought that was a little strange and that doing things that way might make it difficult for him to hire an OC and DC. Sure enough ... .

Advertisement
The fans have a right to be concerned when over the past two weeks we are losing more coaches than we have been adding. It may work out in the end and that is my sincere hope but to pretend like he isn't embarrassing himself right now with either his indecision or arrogance is foolish.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by BrownSugarApp

I definitely don't disagree. It's funny that a very good friend of mine was telling me at the beginning when Mario was bringing over all the guys from Oregon that he has brought in that he thought that was a little strange and that doing things that way might make it difficult for him to hire an OC and DC. Sure enough ... .
In other words, learning on the job. Lol. Once Mario starts winning we’ll be ok.

You guys are looking at this whole thing un-objectively. Mario came in with:

1) The first signing period staring him in the face
2) Having to deal with the second signing period.
3) All the recruiting trips and visits.
4) Re-establishing our brand
5) Preparing for the 2023 recruiting cycle and all its logistics
6) Hiring of his staff
7) Only 24 hours in a day!
8) Etc, etc, etc.

If you were in Mario's place, what would your first priority have been?

The man has done one **** of a job!!!

Coaches do not win games, players do. Alabama loses several coaches yearly. As long as you have all your coaches in place by mid-February, everything will be fine!!

Advertisement

6) Hiring of his staff
8) Etc, etc, etc.

Coaches do not win games, players do. Alabama loses several coaches yearly. As long as you have all your coaches in place by mid-February, everything will be fine!!
So FIU, L Tech, GT, UVA, FSU had a better roster than Miami?

Stanford had a better roster than Oregon?

Please stop with this nonsense, fact is Mario is having trouble filling his staff (and keeping them for that matter). Guess he wasn’t so “thorough” when vetting T-Rob and McClendon :noidea:
Disagree. And anyone connected to him would do as well. Your opinion is far far far away from the facts.

6) Hiring of his staff
8) Etc, etc, etc.

This. And most criticism coming from dudes that would get lost in a fishbowl.

Advertisement
People who are taking the “nothing to see here” approach to Mario not having an OC or DC, 2 months since he was hired and a month until spring practices begin… interesting.

I read somewhere that people don’t like working for Mario bcuz he was a micro manager. Or I may have been drunk at the strip club down the street from my house and they were probably talking about the owner. I tell you what though that ************ don’t take no two months to hire new talent. That mother ****** keep swapping out Venezuelans for some new ones like nothing.

You guys need to take breaks in the off-season if you're this dramatic about coaches leaving for Alma maters and to play with Saban (like Mario did back in the day)

Oregon lost Mario to us because we're the Alma mater.

We lost bmac to UGA - his Alma mater

We lost t rob to Saban -

I'd say there's plenty of context involved in all of this and to not get too worked up. Zoom out and see that it's not as good or as bad as we ever believe it to be

Advertisement
Back