Have to applaud Cristobal on Recruiting

ageezy

Cane til I Die
This guy seems to bring in big time NATIONAL talent daily and getting them to do so on their own dime. I know some are disappointed with lack of commits but there's levels to recruiting and this is the next level ... the kids we're recruiting don't need a place holder, they know their are pretty much guaranteed spots ... keep bringing in kids to show off our product, facility improvements, and nfl coaching throughout the summer ... pair it with obvious growth on the field and I have feeling come december and february we're gonna clean house

Advertisement
This guy seems to bring in big time NATIONAL talent daily and getting them to do so on their own dime. I know some are disappointed with lack of commits but there's levels to recruiting and this is the next level ... the kids we're recruiting don't need a place holder, they know their are pretty much guaranteed spots ... keep bringing in kids to show off our product, facility improvements, and nfl coaching throughout the summer ... pair it with obvious growth on the field and I have feeling come december and february we're gonna clean house
Been thinking the same. The amount of guys of caliber that have been on campus has been wild. Only time I've felt this good about recruiting recently was 2018. Feel like our brand is as strong as any.

Been thinking the same. The amount of guys of caliber that have been on campus has been wild. Only time I've felt this good about recruiting recently was 2018. Feel like our brand is as strong as any.

You miss all the shots you don’t take. He is casting a wide net and bringing literally every 4-5 star in the country to visit. Amazing

Way to early. Visitors don’t mean **** unless they commit and sign
unimpressed michael keaton GIF

Advertisement
i forget what recruit wanted to commit and cristobal told him to come back and bring his family to commit.
Aaron Williams from the LA area, not sure if he scheduled his return visit and I am unsure how many CBs we are taking this class with the two South Oak Cliff CBs coming on strong for us and we also have McClain still in our sights.

Not crowning anyone yet. Cristobal missed on Shemar Stewart and Connerly. So far I don't see any big portal gets. So far his only class here is ranked about the same as a Diaz or Al Golden class.

I mean, maybe it will pick up but I have to see it to believe it. It's good to get the visits though.

Not crowning anyone yet. Cristobal missed on Shemar Stewart and Connerly. So far I don't see any big portal gets. So far his only class here is ranked about the same as a Diaz or Al Golden class.

I mean, maybe it will pick up but I have to see it to believe it. It's good to get the visits though.
His only class here meaning the 2022 transition class that he salvaged or are you starting the clock on this current 2023 class ?

Advertisement
It is TOO early but If you can’t differentiate the difference between this staff’s approach to recruiting and previous regimes then that’s on you. Besides, Mario has a ridiculous strong history in keeping kids committed.

You do realize where this last class was ranked before Mario, right? You’re right… it’s good to get the visits, but it’s different now, and bruh if u can’t see it, then I really don’t know what to tell you. Both of those “misses”, were on Manny. Mario had an enormous amount of ground to make up with them, when he was hired, and he did make up a good deal of it, but both of those battles were already lost.

I’m too lazy to do the research but I doubt Manny or Golden ever achieved a top 15 class with only 14 players in it. Much less while only being a few weeks on the job.

Right Said Fred is disappointed with his transition class?

LOL - Right Said Fred porsting Right Said Fred things.

7683320C-FA24-45AB-9F68-C74E03F5D2D0.gif

Advertisement

I will give you the transfer's. Mario knows the roster now and he needs to start promising starting jobs to good transfers. Transfer's want guaranteed starting positions and the best NIL deal they can get. Now recruiting, no way Manny would have had a Top 25 class in 22. I don't think it would have been Top 35. That was all Mario. We have never, ever seen recruiting like this in the history of the program. He has plenty of time to close. NIL's coming late before ESD are going to dictate classes regardless of commits now. It is expected to get crazy. Maybe I should start posting the date with every post. It's April 9th. Spring!

Advertisement
They do mean sh*t though. There’s a palpable excitement around the program right now and every time one of these kids visits they feel it. So they haven’t committed yet, but having these kids visit is the first step. If you can’t get them on campus your chances of landing them are practically nil.

He had a month to pull together “his first class”, and it was still better than what Manny left him. And Stewart? Well, Saban had all year and didn’t land him, so maybe Mario can be forgiven? And let’s just think about what it means to have an impressive class in April. Absolutely nothing. Know who had some great April classes? Al golden. I’m far from the most optimistic around here, but you’re just the worst.

Advertisement
Back