Has the Manny Diaz Gimmick Defense Run It’s Course??

Advertisement
Every D they will find a way to find open spots, but this D runs on turnovers and tackles for loss and I didn’t see any of that yesterday. I’m not an expert but the DL was nonexistent in regards to causing havoc

10 TFLs and 4 Sacks last night. The DL did its job for the most part. It was the secondary that was a mess last night and to a lesser extent, the linebackers.

Even on the 4th and 17 play, while I feel like there could have been a better call made, there is no excuse for Bandy not being in position underneath. If Bandy is in position, that throw doesn’t get made and our blitz gets home. Bandy was atrocious last night, which is inexplicable. He’s never looked so bad, even as a true freshman.

This D thrives on weak competition... We were fortunate to not play an offense in the top 50 last year.

10 TFLs and 4 Sacks last night. The DL did its job for the most part. It was the secondary that was a mess last night and to a lesser extent, the linebackers.

Even on the 4th and 17 play, while I feel like there could have been a better call made, there is no excuse for Bandy not being in position underneath. If Bandy is in position, that throw doesn’t get made and our blitz gets home. Bandy was atrocious last night, which is inexplicable. He’s never looked so bad, even as a true freshman.

I stand corrected, watching that game did.m not seem that high on TFL. Seemed like first half Howell had a lot of time or open space the throw.

Advertisement
Maybe the Dline Coach is simply not as good as Simpson and Kul?
Simpson was a beast. Best DL we’ve had in ages under his watch. They were so much better against the run than Kul, and just as effective rushing the passer.

2.3 yards/carry seems to run a bit counter to your narrative.

stats are always misleading and can be used to create any narrative
when it comes to situational football our defense has been a problem this year
who cares about 2.3 ypc when you give up a 4th and 17 to a true freshman qb with the game on the line

Baker is a dropoff from Diaz.

I saw enough against UNC to know that Diaz wasn’t calling those plays.

Exactly! I scratch my head on this hire.... I feel that Diaz defense is sort of like a roll the dice type of defense that can be exploited at times. It was crucial the we made a splash hire in the off season for DC. That way that person could have some knowledge and wisdom in game like situations along with implementing his style as well. Instead he hired his buddy I can see maybe being a LB coach or at any other positions on the defense side but not the whole nucleus of this team.

Advertisement
Another overreaction. The D hasn't been gashed for 50 points each game - it's just not been up to our usual standards.

Give it time - if there's no improvement by the end of the year, then call for Blake's head.

4th and 17th I'm done with Baker.. Yall can have him. Two games is all I need to see

Another overreaction. The D hasn't been gashed for 50 points each game - it's just not been up to our usual standards.

Give it time - if there's no improvement by the end of the year, then call for Blake's head.

50 points? Really? That’s the standard for you?

stats are always misleading and can be used to create any narrative
when it comes to situational football our defense has been a problem this year
who cares about 2.3 ypc when you give up a 4th and 17 to a true freshman qb with the game on the line

The 2.3 ypc was in reference to a poster saying that our defense has done a poor job of stopping the run. We clearly have not. The 4th and 17 play was a passing play, so it's irrelevant to the specific discussion.

Advertisement
A move like this would make me a believer in this program so fast, I know its unlikely and I know it wont happen but I can dream.

Listen to the end, he says oh I also recruited very well. U need savages, with this guy here bama and uga dont get anyone

4th and 17th I'm done with Baker.. Yall can have him. Two games is all I need to see

it's not just the 4th and 17

it's the way our d line is playing, who in gawd's fcking name has garvin sitting back spying qb's and playing contain??

who in gawd's name has garvin run out to cover a bunched WR formation ?? Am I the only guy who had a nose bleed seeing that?

proofs in the pudding fellas I want to take a good look at this interview and tell me you see a guy who is "driven"

it's the way our d line is playing, who in gawd's fcking name has garvin sitting back spying qb's and playing contain??

who in gawd's name has garvin run out to cover a bunched WR formation ?? Am I the only guy who had a nose bleed seeing that?

proofs in the pudding fellas I want to take a good look at this interview and tell me you see a guy who is "driven"

Garvin doesn't even provide pressure when he pass rushes. They probably dont know what to Do with him

Advertisement

He's smiling too much.. I don't want this loser anywhere near my program. Two games is all it took for me. 4th and 17th.. Receivers running wide open litrrally

Garvin doesn't even provide pressure when he pass rushes. They probably dont know what to Do with him

I’ll tell you what he SHOULDN’T be doing, and that’s spying on anyone! This staff is the only staff in the nation to do that to anyone who isn’t named Michael Vick. Imagine asking Campbell, Bailey, Andrew Williams, Kenard Lang to spy on someone constantly? It’s ******* stupid.

Manny got the band back together from his previous stops in Rustin, LA and Starkville, MS.

The results speak for themselves.

The defense has always got gashed for plays. Always made a QB look bad(ND) or look better than they really are(To many to pick from). The problem I am having this year is a lot 3 man rush and having one of DE standing in spy/coverage. The defense shines when our Dline gets in the back field.

Advertisement
Back