Has Mike Jackson Played Himself Into a 1st/2nd Round Pick?

Advertisement
I love Mike Jackson, but I'm not sure if I've seen the hips of a first/second round pick.

Next year, the rule states the knees have to be covered. That's going to slow down the speedsters, correct?

guys laugh, but that's why Jeff Thomas got hawked that one time against GT (I think it was GT)....pants below the knees.

Weird. GT's defender who caught him also had pants below the knee. Does it only apply to certain color pants?

I don't remember that, but that just means that the GT guy is 'naturally' faster than Jeff

Yep it could mean that. It could also mean he took a better angle then Jeff or that Jeff is a freshmen a lost steam after 70 yards. But it could mean he's faster.

The 40 for him will be important, everything else is there

The willingness to improve + the actually ability he has shown is also huge

Ran in the 4.3s in our testing. Obviously hand times by Felder so it's fwiw. Been regarded as one of our fastest guys every time it comes up only behind Richards and Thomas and Dean

By many Reports he is one of the faster players on the team. 6'1 200 pounds looks the part and can tackle if he test well he could sneak in the 11st round by the tape this season. NFL loves upside and he has tons.

Next year, the rule states the knees have to be covered. That's going to slow down the speedsters, correct?

guys laugh, but that's why Jeff Thomas got hawked that one time against GT (I think it was GT)....pants below the knees.

Weird. GT's defender who caught him also had pants below the knee. Does it only apply to certain color pants?

I don't remember that, but that just means that the GT guy is 'naturally' faster than Jeff

Yep it could mean that. It could also mean he took a better angle then Jeff or that Jeff is a freshmen a lost steam after 70 yards. But it could mean he's faster.

Agreed bro

Advertisement
giphy (1).gif

Hopefully having Ed Reed there this week will help the guys learn how to wear their pants the right way.

E-REED boy!
Tha best DB boy!
Pants above them KNEEEs boy!

Advertisement
Not off of one years work but he follows it up with a second year and a great combine at his size and yes

My thought process as well. It's foolhardy to leave college early after one season. His freshman year was wasted under Golden and his defensive scheme. His sophmore year he didn't do much. This is the first year (his junior year) where he really thrived and has provided scouts a lot of film. If he merely replicates this production next year, he'll be a day 1-2 draft pick.

From what I've seen, not yet, but he's got another year to improve that.

His ability to run stride for stride down the field with most WRs and play the ball in the air as well as them will have been noticed by NFL scouts. I question his change of direction ability - he seems to have been beaten quite easily underneath on curls etc (although he's made the tackle) so that's something to improve on.

You have to remember 1st and 2nd round CBs are elite athletes. I'm not sure Jackson is.

Advertisement
He probably needs to stay, because the hype will be there before the season, and he'll have proven himself as a full-time starter. It's a risk if he isn't as good as we think he is, but he seems to be getting better as the season goes on. The whole defense seems to be getting better really.

Advertisement
No but only because he only has one year of tape. If he comes back then yes...but he has to have a similar year.

Noticed him out there working hard with an assistant before the VT game.

This kid will make big money at the next level.

Better question is does he jump to the draft because of the year he is having regardless of the round due to the comp coming next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed bro

I thought that pass to Thomas was a lil under thrown which made him break stride and the defender continued at full speed? Am I thinking of another play?

Advertisement
Back