Has Jarren already passed Kosi?

Advertisement
Just because you don’t document that you are working on social media don’t mean you ain’t. You got a life outside of football too
Just because you don't say something on social media doesn't mean you ARE doing it. Everyone would be better off not paying attention to what anyone says on there.

Advertisement
How y'all know he's not talking about Amari Carter?
Cause if you read his previous comments and are following him on twitter he has been vocal about N'kosi not putting in the effort needed to be QB at Miami. I disagree with him on his most recent comments though. Just because he didn't put it on social media doesn't mean he's not working.

Last edited:
Cause if you read his previous comments and are following him on twitter he has been vocal about N'kosi not putting in the effort needed to be QB at Miami. I disagree with him on his most recent comments though. Just because he didn't put on social media doesn't mean he's not working.

Thanks for clearing that up. I don't use Twitter anymore so I wouldn't know

Advertisement

This wouldn't surprise me. Miami fans have a way of gassing up a prospect into getting them to believe they are the savior of Miami football.

When they do come they already think they have it made before they even stepped on campus. Nkosi was feeding y'all weight training videos and practice highlights because of how much y'all gassed him up to be the savior.

Now it looks like Jarren will probably surpass him in 1 off-season.

CIS, where the back up of the back up is the best QB on the team.

Williams very well be the man down the road, but he's still 3rd string. I'll trust guys there every day, on and off the field, before I trust Twitter stalkers and those basing opinions on a sliver of the entire picture.

Carry on.

Does anyone know where Patrick is getting his information? Before we take it for gospel. And before we write it off as twitter stalking.

Advertisement
He actually won his first 11 starts, so...that's kind of the thing. 11 and 3 as a starter at Miami, against ACC level competition is nothing to sneeze at.

As it pertains to football I.Q., I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to, but CMR did say at the conclusion to camp that Rosier is the only one who really knows what to do out there. He's the only one who understands what we're trying to do on offense. And if we're going to try to run our whole playbook, Rosier knows all the reads, knows all the checks and is the only guy who can consistently get us in the right play.

That may change in the fall if everyone works on the areas they were told need improvement. And Richt did not rule out stripping down the playbook to fit another QB if he felt it would give us a better chance for success, but I caution you against just brushing off experience. It is a HUGE deal to Richt.

I'm ready for fall camp to see how everyone progressed.
I absolutely hate the media giving QB stats like they're MLB pitchers. This ain't baseball. There are 3 phases to the game that determine the outcome of the game.
Rosier didn't win that 2016 Duke game. He did play pretty well. However, less you forget the 8 lateral miracle in Durham. Overall, Rosier has played well, but had put the team in some bad situations with poor play. As I've said in several posts, without the 3+ turnovers per game we lose to UNC, VT, and GT. Yes, I said VT. Watch the game again, VT had the ball in Miami's 30+ territory 5 times with no points because of 3 turnovers and 2 turnovers on downs, yet that is somehow a win for Rosier. Giving QBs wins and losses doesn't tell the story of the game. It's a worthless statistic.

I absolutely hate the media giving QB stats like they're MLB pitchers. This ain't baseball. There are 3 phases to the game that determine the outcome of the game.
Rosier didn't win that 2016 Duke game. He did play pretty well. However, less you forget the 8 lateral miracle in Durham. Overall, Rosier has played well, but had put the team in some bad situations with poor play. As I've said in several posts, without the 3+ turnovers per game we lose to UNC, VT, and GT. Yes, I said VT. Watch the game again, VT had the ball in Miami's 30+ territory 5 times with no points because of 3 turnovers and 2 turnovers on downs, yet that is somehow a win for Rosier. Giving QBs wins and losses doesn't tell the story of the game. It's a worthless statistic.

Yes. What you point out is valid. Also, if an all world QB is surrounded by horrible receivers, OL and zero backfield, they really won't shine.

The ultimate question is if anyone can outperform Rosier on the roster.

Advertisement
This wouldn't surprise me. Miami fans have a way of gassing up a prospect into getting them to believe they are the savior of Miami football.

When they do come they already think they have it made before they even stepped on campus. Nkosi was feeding y'all weight training videos and practice highlights because of how much y'all gassed him up to be the savior.

Now it looks like Jarren will probably surpass him in 1 off-season.

lots of assumptions you're making with a side of confirmation bias from some nobody on twitter. i taught kosi and i see him on and campus pretty much every day. the kid is working and putting in time. if jarren beats him out, it's not because kosi isn't putting in effort.

lots of assumptions you're making with a side of confirmation bias from some nobody on twitter. i taught kosi and i see him on and campus pretty much every day. the kid is working and putting in time. if jarren beats him out, it's not because kosi isn't putting in effort.

You probably already went into this somewhere before but this is new to me.

More info plz. At the :neonu: or HS? What subjects? Is he a good student or a fvckoff?

NO ONE HERE KNOWS how CMR feels about the QBs' off season progress, and who is ranked where........ until he tells us again in the Fall.

I'm willing to wait and see. He's made it clear that the competition is open.

So it comes down to who wants it the most and performs best on the field.

LSU's defense will give whoever starts a stern test.

The rest of the our team will be ready, I feel whoever CMR picks at QB will be ready too. IF NOT this year we have options

Last edited:

No stat is meaningless, wins and losses, least of all. MLB pitchers are judged by wins and losses even though they rarely account for points, and in the American League they don’t even bat, because it is the most important position on the field. It is the only position that touches the ball on every play, and as such, is the position most directly responsible for wins and losses. That doesn’t mean the other 8 or 9 players don’t matter. It’s still a team sport. But we pin wins and losses on a pitcher because it doesn’t matter how good the team is if the pitcher sucks.

Same with football and quarterbacks. In the three games you mentioned, Rosier had 979 yards and 7 TDs. Doesn’t matter if the defense forces 20 turnovers if we don’t score any points.

There’s only one stat that matters, and that’s Wins and Losses, and ultimately, we pin that stat on the one player that directly impacts every offensive play. Other stats only serve to help us understand how we arrived at a win or a loss.

Advertisement
Back