Has anyone ever opened and closed an on-campus stadium on the same day?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Allegedly, there is a dude with a lot of money that wants to do it
Showtime Bodega Boys GIF by Desus & Mero

Different situation. 50k students vs 17k for one, the fact that UM students tend to leave the area once they graduate vs a larger alumni base at home that might be willing to endure lesser amenities.
Not only that, if USF builds a stadium it will likely be similar to the stadiums at FAU or UCF. They have no need for a 60,000 seat stadium and would likely build something in the 35-40k seat range. I think a lot of people haven't been to other schools and seen the difference in stadiums. There's a huge difference between the aluminum 35,000 seat bleachers and a concrete 60,000+ seat stadium.

Advertisement
We are about to have the richest man in Florida as our #1 booster, and people are still complaining about UM accepting a gift of a football stadium...
For the record, I'm not complaining. I have no problem with anything that increases revenue for the school assuming it's a quality stadium that does that.

For the record, I'm not complaining. I have no problem with anything that increases revenue for the school assuming it's a quality stadium that does that.

Got it. And for the record, you should know that I never complain about you. We have plenty of other lunkheads who like to tell us that Hard Rock is absolute perfection and that we never need another facility ever, to infinity.

Got it. And for the record, you should know that I never complain about you. We have plenty of other lunkheads who like to tell us that Hard Rock is absolute perfection and that we never need another facility ever, to infinity.

You complained about him to me through DM in 2020. Something about not posting enough free **** links

Advertisement
As a grad the Corner of Fowler and Bruce B. Downs Blvd or Across from the Museum of Science would be great locations. Thousand of people pass both locations everyday. I saw a concept of a stadium for USF for about 45K that was very nice.

As a grad the Corner of Fowler and Bruce B. Downs Blvd or Across from the Museum of Science would be great locations. Thousand of people pass both locations everyday. I saw a concept of a stadium for USF for about 45K that was very nice.
Or just knock down MOSI and build it there. I think they were having financial problems and was planning to move downtown (if not all ready moved).

Different situation.

(y)

USF ↔️ UCF just like FSU ↔️ UF.

Always gonna be about trying to keep up with (or stay ahead of) the Joneses for those schools, in this case the Bulls trying to make that jump and follow the Knights to the Big 12.

Students and alumni will forever be a very large percentage of USF and UCF's fan bases (and to a lesser extent the Turds and Holes, too).

That will never be the case with UM for all the reasons most everyone here has read and heard a hundred times.

We are positioned as South Florida's team ... and beyond that a national and even iconic brand in College Football, arguably the nation's No. 2 sport.

NOBODY else in this state can match The U's cachet — regardless if we're playing our games 20-something miles from campus or not.

We ain't Pitt playing in the Steelers stadium or Temple playing in the Eagles stadium with limited interest even when the team is winning.

An on campus stadium would be fun and exciting and all that, but would it really elevate recruiting or increase interest in the three-county region where most of our in-state fans reside?

Last edited:
Advertisement
(y)

USF ↔️ UCF just like FSU ↔️ UF.

Always gonna be about trying to keep up with (or stay ahead of) the Joneses for those schools, in this case the Bulls trying to make that jump and follow the Knights to the Big 12.

Students and alumni will forever be a very large percentage of USF and UCF's fan bases (and to a lesser extent the Turds and Holes, too).

That will never be the case with UM for all the reasons most everyone here has read and heard a hundred times.

We are positioned as South Florida's team ... and beyond that a national and even iconic brand in College Football, arguably the nation's No. 2 sport.

NOBODY else in this state can match The U's cachet — regardless if we're playing our games 20-something miles from campus or not.

We ain't Pitt playing in the Steelers stadium or Temple playing in the Eagles stadium with limited interest even when the team is winning.

An on campus stadium would be fun and exciting and all that, but would it really elevate recruiting or increase interest in the three-county region where most of our in-state fans reside?
More money for the program. You can never have enough of that.

Advertisement
Back