Hartley tired of the BS?

I agree with Hartly, but what's funny is that not one UM coach retweeted his **** lol..I guaranteed the majority of the college coaches feel the same way, but hey, at least UM has an out in case this becomes more than it needs to be. Still don't understand how you can be committed and have a top 12 lol. That's some wild stuff!

Advertisement
Honestly not a fan of this. Hartley is absolutely right of course, but kids, other coaches, parents, etc. are just going to see this as "sour grapes from a jilted coach." Good on Hartley for speaking his mind and all, but I don't think tweets like this are going to help us recruit. JMO.
I agree that it doesn't help, but this won't amount to much. He seems to be a passionate type, which is probably one of the reasons he's such a good recruiter, & is just speaking his mind. I'm sure this aligns with the type of person the recruits know him to be.

Some kids are genuinely indecisive and that's OK. Just don't "commit" to anyone if you're still trying to play the recruiting game. You wanna have a top ten or top five or whatever, fine. Just know that if you "commit" you only have a top one and that's it.

Now that's what I'm saying. Why f'ng commit just to have a meaningless placeholder??!?! That's unfair to all involved.

Do your stupid Top 10 or whatever, but once you commit, unless something very drastic happens (head coach gets fired; program rocked by scandal; etc) that should be the end of it.

His coaching or the results from his coaching has been terrible... it's the worst on the team by far.... Special teams looked muc better under Al Golden.

Unlike w/ the Oline, I don't see a talent excuse.... he needs to figure out how to teach our players to block in the return game in both kick and punt returns.

But he got clout as a recruiter and is using it the right way... these soft *** divas need to get checked for their bs. But im not sure if he is really that valuable to our team if special teams is our Achilles heel.
Special teams needs to be much better, but the man can recruit!!!!

Real question; why do we see a plethora of CFB decommits/commits/decommits, but not so much in CBB?

Advertisement
I'm not a ST coach so you'd have ask to someone like coach macho

but look at our numbers for the special teams, somethings wrong

Bullsht...if you're here you are an expert of all things football and related like the rest of us!

I agree that it doesn't help, but this won't amount to much. He seems to be a passionate type, which is probably one of the reasons he's such a good recruiter, & is just speaking his mind. I'm sure this aligns with the type of person the recruits know him to be.
Exactly 🎯🎯 I support this coming from him but just anyone can’t pull this off. If being a man is ever gonna come back in style, someone has to speak up and make it something to be accountable to/for. This is the spill NO recruit is gonna hear! This is what separates Hartley from the rest, this is the key to his success rate.

You gotta love the UK fans acting like this is hypocritical. Jaren Williams never played hat tricks. He committed to Miami soon after we offered.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back