HarRumph

Advertisement

Advertisement
This article actually proves what most people have said about Rumph. He’s not a great recruiter. He admitted himself that signing days were not to the level they should be. Just cuz he had some 4* sign with him doesn’t make him a top recruiter. I hope this is the start of his next level
It's obvious that Rumph has had his share of mishaps on the trail, but his failures, by no means, should take away from his successes. The two are not mutually exclusive.

As for him admitting his failures, every good/great coach will always be his own toughest critic. I will take a humble and hungry coach who is always seeking to improve and sharpen his skills, over a ****headed coach who thinks he is the **** like Kuligowski.

Look I’m not a Rumph basher but if he is a gawd it’s one of those little household idols that you can’t keep outside because the birds will **** on it.
What's worse is when a bird poops on you....and you never saw it coming....no warning.

Congrats to rumph on this one, but I’m not going to forget how he has struck out on almost every single recruit this guy has talked to.

He has lots of work to do. I’m more then betting this was a one time thing. I personally don’t think he will ever be a good recruiter. I hope I’m wrong, but history tells me I’m right.

Congrats to rumph on this one, but I’m not going to forget how he has struck out on almost every single recruit this guy has talked to.

He has lots of work to do. I’m more then betting this was a one time thing. I personally don’t think he will ever be a good recruiter. I hope I’m wrong, but history tells me I’m right.

What history is that?

The guy has been on the job recruiting for three cycles. You usually don't see a young coach get better at his job with time?

Advertisement
The guy has a lot of pride and is competitive. Kudos to him for being open to advice and help from all sources. He already seems like he is approaching the 2020 cycle with a new confidence and enthusiasm. Really rooting for him to succeed!

Lmao so you’re saying three cycles isn’t enough. Jesus....

This was his third full cycle, ever. And he pulled a kid like Williams.

And no I don’t think in your first or second year recruiting you’ll be as good as you will be in your 5th or 10th.

People bang on Rumph for missing guys but CB is probably our most blue chip position. Pretty much every guy was a 4 star.

LoL, which is why it is comical to me to hear these clowns complain about our db recruiting. The majority of the ones complaining were just mad that campbell and surtain didnt come in, but who cares, not football people, when you got the #1 secondary in the Land, im thinking coach rumph went to see the shrink in order to deal with social media. I really do think something is wrong with alot of people, they over there jumping up & down for joy over the db williams, and initiating threads to congratulate coach rumph and saying things like "hopefully this is a start" etc. etc., and last year we ended up with 3 guys in Blades, ivey & frierson, like williams, all rated so called "4 star" db's. So what's the difference in williams "4 star" over Blades, ivey & frierson's "4 star rating". Its not like he was a flip candidate, Bama ran out of room. I didnt see this same excitement from alot of theses same clowns when couch committed and signed, is williams "4 star" different from couch's, im confused.

I an article somewhere where it said williams was the "headliner" for this class, im thinking to myself, how do they keep coming up with this non-sense. I guess this is the type of convoluted thinking the social media age produces, cause to many people dont even realize they not making sense. That's why i was surprised to see that quote that they say coach rumph said something to the effect of "we havent been recruiting to the University of Miami standard, cause if im on the team, id be like coach, WTF does that mean, now all of a sudden we get a guy with the same rating now even coach rumph is talking, coach rumph, wake up man, and dont worry about these clowns on non social media, they're goal is to have you thinking soft too, just keep doing what you been doing man.

Advertisement
Good grief...

Rumph has recruited below expectations since he's been here. Period.

If you don't believe that just ask him (or his therapist).

Judging based on stars, isn’t Rumph our best recruiter? His CB room is all 4⭐️ except Bethel.

Yes, he’s struck out with the 5⭐️ but no coach on our defensive side has landed one.

Advertisement
Agreed. Rumph has done fine with the commitments he has secured and hasn’t left us scrambling for 2-3* “talent” if/when plans fall thru the cracks. I’m all for self improvement and if this is the new Rumph then there are bright days ahead recruiting wise for our secondary. He’s already a good technician and coach, give him another year to really lay it out there as far as his sales pitch until he puts guys in the league. Then that will do most of the chatting for him.

Rumph has the easiest recruiting job on the staff. South Florida produces a ton of 4* DBs. You can strike out on all the guys at the top of your board and still end up with all 4* guys.

Based on who we target and what a legit recruiter would end up with, he’s a horrible recruiter.
Hating ***
Db is the hardest position to recruit in south Florida and most coveted by the sec schools in Florida. They throwing the most bags at the position.

Hating ***
Db is the hardest position to recruit in south Florida and most coveted by the sec schools in Florida. They throwing the most bags at the position.

All Rumph has to do is get ONE elite guy every few cycles. No one is asking him for dominance on the trail. Just get one guy here or there.

ANYBODY can land some 4* corners at Miami. ANYBODY. What Rumph does on the recruiting trail is not really special.

Before you mention Christian Williams...cool...nice get. But f'n Paul Williams got a 4* CB out of Alabama to come to Miami, too.

Advertisement
Back