Hard Rock Parking Update?

Unreal. I knew the Hard Rock situation was too good to be true. They had to fvck it up by taking away a hefty chunk of parking for tennis? Tennis?! You kidding me? Pathetic.

Advertisement
Anybody hearing anything? I'm honestly surprised that we're almost in the summer and the school (which is always anxious to get your money asap) doesn't know the anticipated parking format so they can start selling passes. I NEED to know which tennis court I'm going to be parking on!

I did hear the Blue Lot has been moved offsite to the Turner Guilford Knight Correction Center (with shuttle service) but keep that between us.

Anybody hearing anything? I'm honestly surprised that we're almost in the summer and the school (which is always anxious to get your money asap) doesn't know the anticipated parking format so they can start selling passes. I NEED to know which tennis court I'm going to be parking on!

I did hear the Blue Lot has been moved offsite to the Turner Guilford Knight Correction Center (with shuttle service) but keep that between us.
Only in Miami can this happen. Location where pro fb team and local college fb plays they build tennis courts for a stinkin tennis tournament. Owner of site, also known as Mr. big nose, a billionaire trying to grab a few more bucks. The money grabber has contributed to the demise of the Dolphins and no improvement is apparent. Only this crap can occur in Miami.

Advertisement
I got the same info.
Which...is no info...till June.

They're sandbagging you. They know. They called us over a month ago. A member of my group requires handicapped access and they've already relocated our seats as our parking area will be removed and relocated. Further, all the Golden Canes who parked in that Purple lot have been informed they're also going to be impacted and will have to park elsewhere. There's a lot of blowback they're sorting through first.

I got the same info.
I got the same info.
They're sandbagging you. They know. They called us over a month ago. A member of my group requires handicapped access and they've already relocated our seats as our parking area will be removed and relocated. Further, all the Golden Canes who parked in that Purple lot have been informed they're also going to be impacted and will have to park elsewhere. There's a lot of blowback they're sorting through first.

Got it.
Thanks.

Can someone look at those parking maps and tell if I’m reading them incorrectly.

Not counting the the yellow cash lots, it looks like the absolute worst case scenario is the loss of 25 % or less of the parking spaces, and that’s not counting the yellow cash lots, per the illustration.

Other than those in the purple lots, I’m not seeing who else is being inconvenienced.

If you count the spaces in the yellow lots, the loss of parking is minimal, maybe 5% total.

Advertisement
It's now June.
March 22nd UM sent me this:

"We still have not received updates from Hard Rock on the reconfigurations for parking. We will have an email out to you closer to May on the changes and how to purchase parking."

Since they are so late in updating it seems they want to sell tickets before telling us we're screwed.

The article below discloses the math: 65000 / 17549 = 3.7 people per car unless they park us on tennis courts which are probably construction areas for this season.

Hard Rock Stadium football parking work in progress due to Miami Open | The Daily Dolphin

Advertisement
Find a free spot within 3 miles and Uber it

We're at 2 ends of the spectrum.
I fly in just for the games.
I try to enjoy the weather, pre-game, game, and post-game as much as possible during my stay...which is usually only a day or 2.

We're at 2 ends of the spectrum.
I fly in just for the games.
I try to enjoy the weather, pre-game, game, and post-game as much as possible during my stay...which is usually only a day or 2.

Agreed. I fly or drive in from Birmingham so I try to enjoy all of the festivities.

I emailed them today and specifically asked if there would be the same number of spaces for whatever constitutes the green lot now (extra hour of tailgating) and here is the surprising response I received:

"We are finalizing the pricing map now, and hope to have an email out to you before the end of the month. From what I’ve heard, we are actually expanding the green lot, it will just be in a different location."

Advertisement
I emailed them today and specifically asked if there would be the same number of spaces for whatever constitutes the green lot now (extra hour of tailgating) and here is the surprising response I received:

"We are finalizing the pricing map now, and hope to have an email out to you before the end of the month. From what I’ve heard, we are actually expanding the green lot, it will just be in a different location."

Niceeee. Thanks for the update. I wouldn't be opposed to the Green Lot expanding and being moved closer to the Turnpike on-ramps.

I upgraded the new corner option of the Legends suite package and just asked a few days ago about parking, because I was in the purple lot which included valet. Obviously, the purple lot is gone, so I asked where we would be located and about valet. They said they have no idea what will be available and which lots would have valet but hoped to have a map of options soon and would email them to me.
It still bewilders me how a football owner that recently spent half a billion dollars on his stadium would get rid of the best lots on his home side and inconvenience fans for tennis!

I hate this. The part of the Orange Lot that's being eliminated is where I've been parking for 6+ years. Bummer.

Haven't been there in awhile, is there still off-site park and ride to the stadium? Also any info on cost of parking? I'll be coming from Orlando on the turnpike, so what are my best options? Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
Back