Hard Rock Parking Update?

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Anybody hearing anything? I'm honestly surprised that we're almost in the summer and the school (which is always anxious to get your money asap) doesn't know the anticipated parking format so they can start selling passes. I NEED to know which tennis court I'm going to be parking on!

I did hear the Blue Lot has been moved offsite to the Turner Guilford Knight Correction Center (with shuttle service) but keep that between us.

Advertisement
The draft images are out there already so we can make some estimated guesses on which lots will disappear. Appears that Purple lot and SW Orange are gone forever. My guess is that they will shrink blue lot sizes to accommodate purple and orange will stay mostly untouched.

FYI - I'm not at all happy about this idea. These courts will almost never get used and will take up a considerable amount of space, specifically space for one of the best parts of our gameday experience - Miami tailgating.

drflnqevwaaebmg.jpg

122017_MiamiOpen_1.jpg

map-2017.jpg

what the ****? why are yall building so many tennis courts all over the place??

The draft images are out there already so we can make some estimated guesses on which lots will disappear. Appears that Purple lot and SW Orange are gone forever. My guess is that they will shrink blue lot sizes to accommodate purple and orange will stay mostly untouched.

FYI - I'm not at all happy about this idea. These courts will almost never get used and will take up a considerable amount of space, specifically space for one of the best parts of our gameday experience - Miami tailgating.

drflnqevwaaebmg.jpg

122017_MiamiOpen_1.jpg

map-2017.jpg

Gracias. I'm thinking/hoping they'll have the common sense to keep a version of the early entry Green Lot. Don't tell them but I'd pay double the previous rate for that extra hour.

Advertisement
Gracias. I'm thinking/hoping they'll have the common sense to keep a version of the early entry Green Lot. Don't tell them but I'd pay double the previous rate for that extra hour.

If I’m reading the location of those courts correctly, and I believe I am, they lose all purple and about 2/3 of the bottom orange section. Not as bad as I thought.

Here’s how it looks. Areas that are lost are under the red lines and highlighted in green.

Everything else remains

E96103A3-E974-4187-99FE-F2BF29B3CBDA.jpeg

As long as they keep whatever color they want to call it (previously green lot) available for those who want to pay for that extra hour.. I'm good.

When I went to the preview booth at the Miami Open, they were answering all kinds of questions about the setup for next year. I straight up asked the guy if the tennis changes would ***** up parking for Canes games and he didn’t even look away, he looked dead at me and smiled and said “we’re just gonna have to see.” I couldn’t believe that THEY WEREN’T EVEN LYING ABOUT IT! Like at least give me some BS corporate speak about that sounds nice but really says nothing.

When I went to the preview booth at the Miami Open, they were answering all kinds of questions about the setup for next year. I straight up asked the guy if the tennis changes would ***** up parking for Canes games and he didn’t even look away, he looked dead at me and smiled and said “we’re just gonna have to see.” I couldn’t believe that THEY WEREN’T EVEN LYING ABOUT IT! Like at least give me some BS corporate speak about that sounds nice but really says nothing.

There’s nothing to lie about.

It will clearly affect the parking since the courts are permanent. It’s not a secret.

It’s very easy to see which lots are affected if you look above. Plan accordingly.

Advertisement
There’s nothing to lie about.

It will clearly affect the parking since the courts are permanent. It’s not a secret.

It’s very easy to see which lots are affected if you look above. Plan accordingly.
Not all of the courts are permanent. The grandstand will stay up, but if I remember correctly, most of the rest will convert into parking when tennis isn’t going on.

And yeah, obviously the pictures are the pictures, but you still expect a certain amount of spin in these situations, and the dude just had none. That’s what was surprising.

Not all of the courts are permanent. The grandstand will stay up, but if I remember correctly, most of the rest will convert into parking when tennis isn’t going on.

And yeah, obviously the pictures are the pictures, but you still expect a certain amount of spin in these situations, and the dude just had none. That’s what was surprising.

So if not all the courts are permanent then the parking impact will be even less than I illustrated in that image above. Shouldn’t be a big deal then.

Advertisement
Where can we find the draft parking map - is that it above with eh roughed in shading of the tennis court impact?

If I’m reading the location of those courts correctly, and I believe I am, they lose all purple and about 2/3 of the bottom orange section. Not as bad as I thought.

Here’s how it looks. Areas that are lost are under the red lines and highlighted in green.

Everything else remains

View attachment 59803

Yeah, eliminating all the best parking on the home side of your stadium is the optimal idea.

So if not all the courts are permanent then the parking impact will be even less than I illustrated in that image above. Shouldn’t be a big deal then.

Unless they needlessly complicate things I don't think this ends up being a big issue this season aside from maybe for the late arrivers to the big games.

That said, I've heard differing stories about these supposed temporary courts. When the info first started to come out it was what Sandimas said- that only the outside grandstand would be a permanent feature. Then I started to hear that wasn't necessarily true and that those other courts would be permanent too.

Who knows? At the end of the day, it's not our stadium or land and we've reaped the benefits of upgrades we didn't pay for so if the fairweather frauds that try to arrive 45 mins before kickoff against FSU are the only ones inconvenienced then so be it. It's not like Ross isn't going to make up for the lost parking somehow to accommodate Dolphins games. I'm just concerned about the school maintaining the same lot color format for our games.

Advertisement
Unless they needlessly complicate things I don't think this ends up being a big issue this season aside from maybe for the late arrivers to the big games.

That said, I've heard differing stories about these supposed temporary courts. When the info first started to come out it was what Sandimas said- that only the outside grandstand would be a permanent feature. Then I started to hear that wasn't necessarily true and that those other courts would be permanent too.

Who knows? At the end of the day, it's not our stadium or land and we've reaped the benefits of upgrades we didn't pay for so if the fairweather frauds that try to arrive 45 mins before kickoff against FSU are the only ones inconvenienced then so be it. It's not like Ross isn't going to make up for the lost parking somehow to accommodate Dolphins games. I'm just concerned about the school maintaining the same lot color format for our games.

Yea, unless you’re rolling up ten minutes before the FSU kickoff you’ll be ok. There’s still enough to handle overflow in the outer lots.

Just get there a good hour or more kickoff and you’re good for most games.

As far as the green lot, you have to assume they’ll be doing it again this year. Just don’t know exactly where.

Advertisement
Back